Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 146. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
What does vTorrent offer that is better than BitTorrent?

Can one just stream from vTorrent or would one have to download the whole file?

I have a modest stack of VTR and will likely be getting more before the forks.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Block 1.2M just over 4 weeks away, not long, hopefully it will be a merry Christmas for VTR holders Smiley

What happens at 1.2 block? First or second fork?

First fork. Hopefully it will add value as it will show progress and that the devs are on track for torrent implementation.

When is then 2nd fork due aprox and what will bring
that?

60 blocks per hour, give or take, 1.3m, so around Feb / March (possibly and without getting a spreadsheet out).

Plenty of time to accumulate and see the price move upwards.

If vTorrent is a great lightweight BitTorrent client, with in-built chat / group chat, no reason it can't go on Download.com and start to see more people using it as a BitTorrent client, then discovering the crypto token part second.

Could see tens of thousands of downloads, possibly millions. Probably the fastest user uptake of any crypto project around  Cool
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Block 1.2M just over 4 weeks away, not long, hopefully it will be a merry Christmas for VTR holders Smiley

First fork. Hopefully it will add value as it will show progress and that the devs are on track for torrent implementation.

When is then 2nd fork due aprox and what will bring
that?
legendary
Looks like there is either someone manning an unofficial vTorrent twitter feed, or it's first stage from a pump group?

legendary
Activity: 1288

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

legendary
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I've read it all now, these copyright Nazi's are mental in the head: https://torrentfreak.com/donald-trump-parody-results-in-clockwork-orange-copyright-suit-161114/
Seriously? This guy is getting sued?
Heh, so apparently if you are parodying a movie, you can't use its sound. That totally makes sense.

legendary
legendary
2 years....

questions:

how to prevent cheating? any contract involved? or reputation system or whitelist/blacklist?

This was brought up by dev some time ago.

But with regard to an actual answer dev has clearly stated since practically day 1 that he will be keeping details on the down low until actual release because of:
-Previous scam (Magnetz - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmgt-magnetz-blockchain-torrents-piratebay-replacer-ico-x13-900716)
-People ripping off the ideas and making their own project

I guess given that he brought up not wanting his project to be a scam like Magnetz it does show honesty from his side.
Although it hasn't been the most rapid pace project from the perspective of us the dev also hasn't done bullshit announcements and tried to pump/dump the coin into oblivion.

thanks

actually, the real solution in this area is not that easy to be ripped off.

anyway, love to see real stuff of this project.

this is a daily-life but disruptive use case anyway.  the only reason that no one made such one is the difficulty i think.

with smart contract, many decentralized ideas are becoming realistic. like computing, storage, and vtorrent, maybe.

There is a dev post in his history talking about the main torrent stuff being done almost 8 months ago, I think, but they were working on an anti-cheat system to prevent fake seeds getting paid.
legendary
Activity: 1330
2 years....

questions:

how to prevent cheating? any contract involved? or reputation system or whitelist/blacklist?

But with regard to an actual answer dev has clearly stated since practically day 1 that he will be keeping details on the down low until actual release because of:
-Previous scam (Magnetz - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmgt-magnetz-blockchain-torrents-piratebay-replacer-ico-x13-900716)

I guess given that he brought up not wanting his project to be a scam like Magnetz it does show honesty from his side.
Although it hasn't been the most rapid pace project from the perspective of us the dev also hasn't done bullshit announcements and tried to pump/dump the coin into oblivion.

thanks

actually, the real solution in this area is not that easy to be ripped off.

anyway, love to see real stuff of this project.

this is a daily-life but disruptive use case anyway.  the only reason that no one made such one is the difficulty i think.

with smart contract, many decentralized ideas are becoming realistic. like computing, storage, and vtorrent, maybe.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
2 years....

questions:

legendary
Activity: 1330
2 years....

questions:

legendary
Crypto since 2014
Have you guys seen this? https://zeronet.io/

A bit different to this project, but still interesting.

Yes we discussed it a bit earlier on; it's quite interesting from a headerless tracker perspective.

Ideally vTorrent will not only have torrent functionality but some method of searching torrents (perhaps publicly signed by "known good" users for good content)
Sounds good.

Lol, I just started reading the post history from the start and look what I found on the second page:
First post updated with early-beta version of client screenshot, currently only download function is available.

Network and client is still in the testing process, we will announce the release date and detail specification about the coin soon.
Looks interesting. Can't wait for launch.

I can't even remember posting that. Smiley Now I can say i've been here since launch. Wink hehe
Activity: 522

Yes we discussed it a bit earlier on; it's quite interesting from a headerless tracker perspective.

Ideally vTorrent will not only have torrent functionality but some method of searching torrents (perhaps publicly signed by "known good" users for good content)
legendary
Crypto since 2014

Activity: 756
Top wallet on trex keeps creeping up, currently at 352K.

That's always a good sign.

He'll be catching up with the long term holders soon.

~11 BTC buy again.
Looks good.

EDIT: Large buy order @ 600 again.
Let's see where it goes.

A small video clip with the bittorrent link working would be good right about now
A sneak peak dev?

What I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing is a client that does BitTorrent functionality first, crypto second. That way you get to convert millions of people into crypto currency supporters and in the process make them VTR hodlers.
that's right mate it can attract more people converted to be a  supporter of crypto especially vtr as they found good uses of this project very nice to see that the value really moving up, keep it up dev team make it more worthy for all crypto supporters.
legendary

~11 BTC buy again.
Looks good.

Let's see where it goes.

A small video clip with the bittorrent link working would be good right about now
A sneak peak dev?

What I think a lot of people would be interested in seeing is a client that does BitTorrent functionality first, crypto second. That way you get to convert millions of people into crypto currency supporters and in the process make them VTR hodlers.
legendary

~11 BTC buy again.
Looks good.

Let's see where it goes.

A sneak peak dev?
legendary

~11 BTC buy again.
Looks good.

Let's see where it goes.

Jump to: