Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 145. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Will the wallet be integrated with TOR like Shadowcash?

Dear rhinomonkey,

Yes, vTorrent client will be compatible with both standard IP and TOR connectivity.

Our next wallet release will bring our core wallet to match Shadow and more.

Regards,

vTorrent

More? Don't suppose you could give us a few details as to what you plant to implement?

IoT fridge, toaster and kettle compatibility I hope!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Dear rhinomonkey,

Yes, vTorrent client will be compatible with both standard IP and TOR connectivity.

Regards,

vTorrent

More? Don't suppose you could give us a few details as to what you plant to implement?
Activity: 195
Merit: 104

Dear rhinomonkey,

Regards,

vTorrent
Activity: 646
Merit: 501
Ni dieu ni maître
legendary
Anyone know how to set-up a vTorrent thread on 8btc.com/forum?

I'd do it, but I think it needs someone with some knowledge of the language in order to post responses.

Go back one page : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16871024

Cyberhacker speaks Chinese
legendary
Activity: 1456
Anyone know how to set-up a vTorrent thread on 8btc.com/forum?

I'd do it, but I think it needs someone with some knowledge of the language in order to post responses.
legendary
https://torrentfreak.com/breins-new-torrent-piracy-crackdown-results-in-first-settlement-161117/

Last year, Dutch anti-piracy group BREIN announced a broad crackdown on torrent pirates, which resulted in the first settlement this week. The person in question paid 4,800 euros for sharing 12 TV-show episodes. According to BREIN, hundreds of thousands of pirates are now at risk of receiving similar treatment.

Hundreds of thousands of Dutch people facing similar treatment, that's just in Holland, VTR is gonna be HUGE.
legendary
This was a really interesting listen about the BitTorrent sector and products like Kodi

https://torrentfreak.com/steal-this-show-s02e06-kodi-addons-the-new-pirate-superpower-161115/

Funny story at the end about India, where people set-up local distribution networks, with paying customers watching pirated content.
Ni dieu ni maître
Looks like there is some kind of bug in the new VTR wallet. After my coins stake, there are many empty inputs appearing (inputs with "0.00" VTR).

They can be easily seen in "Coin Control" dialog. I can add a screenshot, but I suppose my wallet is not the only one with such behaviour, so it should be easily reproducible (or just seen, if you open the "Coni Control" dialog and look on the inputs...).

Is it a bug, or something else..?

Can confirm that I get the same thing in my coin control inputs.
legendary
Looks like there is some kind of bug in the new VTR wallet. After my coins stake, there are many empty inputs appear (inputs with "0.00" VTR).

They can be easily seen in "Coin Control" dialog. I can add a screenshot, but I suppose my wallet is not the only one with such behaviour, so it should be easily reproducible (or just seen, if you open the "Coni Control" dialog and look on the inputs...).

I wondered about those when they showed up in the explorer.

It's either a bug or it's something to do with token exchange for torrent seeding.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
Looks like there is some kind of bug in the new VTR wallet. After my coins stake, there are many empty inputs appearing (inputs with "0.00" VTR).

Ni dieu ni maître
Bitcoin is partially based on BitTorrent.

Crypto is going full circle and coming home.  Just sayin

Read the comments on this story about JoyStream (vTorrent competition which is using Bitcoin).

https://torrentfreak.com/can-bittorrent-be-better-with-bitcoin-150627/

Doesn't the anonymity of VTR lend to advantages over something like JoyStream which uses Bitcoin...?

Also, what's up with the tokens. I know in SDC the tokens are used for anonymity, but it looks like from the OP all of the transactions are anonymous?
legendary
Bitcoin is partially based on BitTorrent.

Crypto is going full circle and coming home.  Just sayin

Read the comments on this story about JoyStream (vTorrent competition which is using Bitcoin).

https://torrentfreak.com/can-bittorrent-be-better-with-bitcoin-150627/

Ni dieu ni maître
What determines mature coins? 8 hours w/ wallet open?

EDIT: I see that it is 6 hours / 6 days. Is this with coin age or is it actively staking with wallet open?
legendary
To clarify, I understand it is unlikely to be stopped. But a way to remove certain media types /files from being shown on my client through some voting mechanism would be useful IMO.

+101

If it's a regular torrent client, you immediately tap into content that's out there already.

Unlike other crypto projects that need to go out and get content or create it. vTorrent is ready to roll from day one.
legendary
What does vTorrent offer that is better than BitTorrent?

Can one just stream from vTorrent or would one have to download the whole file?

I have a modest stack of VTR and will likely be getting more before the forks.

To be honest, it's a bit of a mystery.

If you read the OP, it says:

Our goal is to make vTorrent the choice for people who uses bittorrent protocol
and for people who love crypto-currency around the globe.

We are not aiming to be 'the next Bitcoin', but we are aiming to be limewire or kazaa with blockchain at its core.

vTorrent client, with a payment mechanism to encourage people to seed (the single biggest issue with BitTorrent).

Streaming is a great idea. Would love to see that.

Devs are listening to out for any community features they want to see, so speak up!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16854083

You forgot to add that having the torrents on the blockchain in your wallet makes the need for sites like pirate bay redundant by decentralizing content and also solves censorship.

There are tons of private torrent groups. vTorrent chat / group chat gives them a way to do that within the client, without the need for a https site.
Ni dieu ni maître
To clarify, I understand it is unlikely to be stopped. But a way to remove certain media types /files from being shown on my client through some voting mechanism would be useful IMO.
legendary

We are not aiming to be 'the next Bitcoin', but we are aiming to be limewire or kazaa with blockchain at its core.

vTorrent client, with a payment mechanism to encourage people to seed (the single biggest issue with BitTorrent).

Devs are listening to out for any community features they want to see, so speak up!

You forgot to add that having the torrents on the blockchain in your wallet makes the need for sites like pirate bay redundant by decentralizing content and also solves censorship.
Ni dieu ni maître
I suppose if there was a streaming service the wallet would have to have a verification process for rights owners. Being able to stream shows would be really cool. Maybe you could even "subscribe" to certain owners and have access to their content.

Would there be a way for the community to monitor content that is shared? There is some content that I certainly would not welcome and nor would I want any association with. I think you get my gist here.
legendary

Jump to: