Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 153. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Holy shit, two UK men were sentenced to 4 years each for uploading torrents: https://torrentfreak.com/uk-movie-pirates-lose-appeal-prison-time-stands-161020/

That's harsh.

This is why I think the economic model within vTorrent needs to have a way to pay rights holders - and in a way that creates a weighting towards the initial seeders so there is not a race to zero payments for everyone.

There are some interesting comments on reddit on this article:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/58uzql/how_bitcoin_powered_bittorrents_could_kill_off/

Quote from: r/btc
I would rather see a way for content producers to fully control publishing rights on all media platforms using blockchain technology
legendary
Activity: 1288
Holy shit, two UK men were sentenced to 4 years each for uploading torrents: https://torrentfreak.com/uk-movie-pirates-lose-appeal-prison-time-stands-161020/

That's harsh.
legendary

Nice find coins, I wasn't aware that there was so many torrent users world wide, from the article:

While JoyStream and vTorrent are yet to go live, when they do launch in early 2017 they will be able to immediately tap into 300–500 million existing BitTorrent users, compared to Netflix’s 90 million subscribers.

The potential to reach this existing global market of 300–500 million BitTorrent users has investors salivating at the prospect of backing start-ups that could be the future Netflix or Amazon Video.

This is from torrent freak, it was published in 2012, this is only two torrent clients: https://torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-surges-to-150-million-monthly-users-120109/

When the dev finally releases vTorrent, anyone with 100K VTR is gonna be quite wealthy.  Shocked
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Very interesting
 How does vtorrent set itself apart from joystream?

IMO, vTorrent is a whole platform with a lot of stuff can be specially build down to protocol level as to just a simple app using bitcoin with joystream
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Very interesting
 How does vtorrent set itself apart from joystream?
legendary
legendary
as long as you trust the dev team, all should be good

You can't trust anyone in crypto..  I thought everybody already knows..

So true, I wouldn't say VTR is scammy though.
waiting patiently for the torrent to be implemented if dev can make it work, i don't know if holders are starting to doubt the project since the price is moving down again to 900 sat hopefully dev can give good update and the value will sye high to 10k hahaha, good luck dev.

Come back just before Christmas time, we might get that long awaited price correction, if not then on the second fork in Feb. If the torrent System is good, then were looking at a value of  a few hundred satoshi per coin minimum. Easy dollar each, (even more long term).

Don't forget the torrent community is huge, many, many more times people use torrents than crypto. It was the number one internet usage before organisations like the MPAA started lobby governments to censor torrent sites.

Don't concern your self with the current price, wait for the big release.

I concur. The torrent niche is empty, waiting for us. We have a huge amount of users who are using scammy mirror pages to find torrents every day. And they will love VTorrent.

If implemented correcty this will be one of the top ten altcoins, no doubt. We are all gambling here with the capacity of the dev to make the machine work. For me it worth the risk.

Just noticed my typo, I meant to say a few hundred thousand satoshi, Smiley

True, we're all gambling, isn't that why we're into crypto? No risk, no reward.

I agree, if implemented correctly and working correctly this will be a top 10 easily, most likely higher, due to the fact that of the amount of people that use torrents, they are all looking for a way to bypass censorship, and why not get paid for seeding also. This fixes one of the biggest flaws of torrents, people leeching a file and not seeding (of which I am guilty of).

All we got to do is hold as see what the dev delivers, not long now in the grand scheme of things. Hell, I’ve waited nearly two years, the small amount of time left is a walk in the park. Grin

legendary
Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

waiting patiently for the torrent to be implemented if dev can make it work, i don't know if holders are starting to doubt the project since the price is moving down again to 900 sat hopefully dev can give good update and the value will sye high to 10k hahaha, good luck dev.

Come back just before Christmas time, we might get that long awaited price correction, if not then on the second fork in Feb. If the torrent System is good, then were looking at a value of  a few hundred satoshi per coin minimum. Easy dollar each, (even more long term).

Don't forget the torrent community is huge, many, many more times people use torrents than crypto. It was the number one internet usage before organisations like the MPAA started lobby governments to censor torrent sites.

I concur. The torrent niche is empty, waiting for us. We have a huge amount of users who are using scammy mirror pages to find torrents every day. And they will love VTorrent.

If implemented correcty this will be one of the top ten altcoins, no doubt. We are all gambling here with the capacity of the dev to make the machine work. For me it worth the risk.
legendary

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

You can't trust anyone in crypto..  I thought everybody already knows..

Just some guy trying to make profit short term  Roll Eyes
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

legendary

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

Activity: 896
Merit: 553
legendary
I'm personally more interested in just seeing torrent functionality added for now, then other parts can be added later.

It would make my year when torrent finally get implemented. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what gets added functionality wise.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
I'm personally more interested in just seeing torrent functionality added for now, then other parts can be added later.
legendary

If you are creating a bittorrent integration that has a paid incentive to seed, you might as well include a mechanism to pay rights holders to:

1. Avoid operating a system that could expose users to legal challenges
2. Give individuals a way to compete with Netflix and make the BitTorrent integration a tool discussed in positive terms by the media
3. Open up opportunities for rights holders to distribute content globally with just one seed, making BitTorrent the first place to see new movies legitimately.

I get where your coming from, I also think it's a good idea, don't the devs want to produce a system that's similar to limewire or kazaa? i.e. illegal stuff.
maybe dev already reviewing this before he launch the final function inside the wallet hope he does.

Like Kodi, what users do to add illegal plugins is up to the users. If the devs add the option to pay royalties then the decision not to is an individual one. I guess this is how it goes, not really sure.

Maybe the devs could enlighten us as weather on or not this would be something the could build into the system?

After all, it would be add legitimacy to torrents if rights holders were paid for their content when they decided to use VTR.

vTorrent could cater to legal and illegal content.
legendary

If you are creating a bittorrent integration that has a paid incentive to seed, you might as well include a mechanism to pay rights holders to:

2. Give individuals a way to compete with Netflix and make the BitTorrent integration a tool discussed in positive terms by the media
3. Open up opportunities for rights holders to distribute content globally with just one seed, making BitTorrent the first place to see new movies legitimately.

I get where your coming from, I also think it's a good idea, don't the devs want to produce a system that's similar to limewire or kazaa? i.e. illegal stuff.
maybe dev already reviewing this before he launch the final function inside the wallet hope he does.

Like Kodi, what users do to add illegal plugins is up to the users. If the devs add the option to pay royalties then the decision not to is an individual one. I guess this is how it goes, not really sure.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

legendary

Jump to: