Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 151. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Cryptoguru also shows how many nodes etc are online (at least from its side) so is an easy way to see that the network is up and running

http://cryptoguru.tk/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

@dev
First time in over a year that I've had any issues with the chain being behind by a few hours.
legendary
Would anyone like to chat using VTR's encrypted chat?

Address: XS6KDMM5UYEpAbzL3DGTpjUrYJq4EEr5cz

Pub key: f4qcMgdyVLPgTbtTW8AFdjVvbKVucdCRk3tE4knF5pP9

Drop me a line, i've not used the chat function yet, would like to try it out.

I've been thinking about this chat feature for a while.

It basically enables people to privately share links.

If you have a service offering good quality links, you can create a little market and loyal user base for yourself using the chat feature.

People selling links should end up promoting vTorrent. For example, aspiring bands can create a mix tape or video and let their followers know its available >>> the fans pay and the links are provided.

The torrent download process can start. You don't need a central service to upload and distribute your stuff. You can do it from your own hard drive.

right on cue

"Martin Shkreli Begs For Private Torrent Site Invitation"

https://torrentfreak.com/martin-shkreli-begs-for-private-torrent-site-invitation-161031/
legendary

I've been thinking about this chat feature for a while.

It basically enables people to privately share links.

If you have a service offering good quality links, you can create a little market and loyal user base for yourself using the chat feature.

People selling links should end up promoting vTorrent. For example, aspiring bands can create a mix tape or video and let their followers know its available >>> the fans pay and the links are provided.

The torrent download process can start. You don't need a central service to upload and distribute your stuff. You can do it from your own hard drive.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Is there any reason why vTorrent can't be added to Download.com and other similar sites?

These sites see millions of downloads of torrent apps.

When we finally get our long awaited torrents on the chain, I don't see why we wouldn't be on that list Smiley

Can you imagine VTR with 30M downloads?
legendary
Is there any reason why vTorrent can't be added to Download.com and other similar sites?

These sites see millions of downloads of torrent apps.
legendary
Activity: 1288

Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Looks like bittrex is again sync'd up.
My newly downloaded node now has 16 connections and is 53% sync'd. Pretty decent speed boost compared to the first client.

Still not encountered any problems.

It looks like its just a problem on Bittrex's end. Since I emailed them it seemed to have fix but now its again behind on the chain.

I also noticed cryptoguru only accepts nodes on a certain point, whereas if you run the client you'll likely see more nodes than are listed.
legendary
My newly downloaded node now has 16 connections and is 53% sync'd. Pretty decent speed boost compared to the first client.

Still not encountered any problems.
Sent a support ticket to bittrex and let them know where to find updated nodes list so hopefully they fix the issue soon.
Cryptoguru also shows how many nodes etc are online (at least from its side) so is an easy way to see that the network is up and running

http://cryptoguru.tk/NetworkInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR
legendary
9 connections and syncing fine.

Doesn't look like there are any issues
legendary
Is the network working well now guys?

Wallet:   v0.8.1.0-g
Connections:   4
Blocks:   1111523
Last Block Time:   2016-10-29 09:02:38
Difficulty:   proof-of-work: 74.53412176
proof-of-stake: 0.00027769
Last Update Time:   2016-10-29 21:24:18
Wallet Status:   Wallet Online Online

get latest release.

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/releases/0.8.1.1

edit

hmm. Just downloaded this client and trying to see if it connects and starts syncing.

edit

7 connections and syncing fine so far
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1010
Professional Native Greek Translator (2000+ done)
Is the network working well now guys?
legendary
Wallet stopped synching after I restarted it, how do you reach out to dev to tell him that issues may be happening

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/vtorrent-402107

he responds to PM's and usually responds to support requests posted here.
Activity: 477
Merit: 501
Wallet stopped synching after I restarted it, how do you reach out to dev to tell him that issues may be happening
Activity: 477
Merit: 501
When I click on withdrawel ti enter my wallet address in bittrex I get  " The last block update occurred 489 minutes ago."
Is their a problem with this blockchain ?
It'll be interesting to see how seeding works; I'm still not clear on whether we'll need to pay for leeching and if it will be a leech>seeder transaction or if the tokens are just generated from people who seed?
legendary
Why dont you guys make it so you rewarded from seeding files and being a seeder which contributes greatly to any torrent network. Seeding is the new mining !! Get VTR through seeding. Smiley

Everything is just mining with machines we need other options. There very few human mining algos but alternatives to asic CPU and GPU would be great.

that's not a bad idea.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that during the early days of BitTorrent and Bitcoin, the BitTorrent devs developed a miner which installed when you ran and used BitTorrent. They didn't activate it because of issues over fan use. They could have pushed the difficulty right up for Bitcoin with millions of pc's mining Bitcoin which would have gone 100% to BitTorrent.
Activity: 770
Why dont you guys make it so you rewarded from seeding files and being a seeder which contributes greatly to any torrent network. Seeding is the new mining !! Get VTR through seeding. Smiley

Everything is just mining with machines we need other options. There very few human mining algos but alternatives to asic CPU and GPU would be great.
Jump to: