Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 159. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

That's nice.

How about the anti cheat system ? Did you manage to figure out how to do it ?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Dear all,

As of now, only vTorrent Core is open sourced, and the reason we need to keep our full client (2FA included) closed source is to prevent other dev to clone our work and claim it as their own (or falsely claim as their project being one of the first to implement those features).

When Bittorrent part of vTorrent is reveal in a few release from now, hopefully our project will then be wildly known in crypto-currency space and the decision to open sourced other part of our project will then be considered again.

Regards,

vTorrent

Ok, thanks for the clarity on the matter, glad you are considering open sourcing it.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 1456

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16300175

See, a winning idea. props for building the app.

just needs some marketing

The problem is that it's closed source, as we all know it's not an ideal situation within the crypto scene. The dev took code from shadow coin, why not pay it forward and release it to the whole crypto community, this project would gain massive and well deserved recognition.

Think about the all the other ALT's using this code, that' would give everyone a well needed security boost, aside from that it would give us more respect as well as a bigger marketcap, just look at all the good things like Dash or Shadow have released under the open source umbrella.

Just something to think about Dev.

not really, it would have taken years to build that app. It deserves a bounty to open source it. It was built pre-Vtorrent anyway. I don't see why the app dev can't get paid to install it for other projects. there are plenty of similar deals with people who make miners.

I was under the assumption that the dev/s on this project built it. If VTR devs didn't build it then why are you pushing it for VTR?

But one of the vtorrent devs did build it, just before vtorrent.
legendary

The problem is that it's closed source, as we all know it's not an ideal situation within the crypto scene. The dev took code from shadow coin, why not pay it forward and release it to the whole crypto community, this project would gain massive and well deserved recognition.

Think about the all the other ALT's using this code, that' would give everyone a well needed security boost, aside from that it would give us more respect as well as a bigger marketcap, just look at all the good things like Dash or Shadow have released under the open source umbrella.

not really, it would have taken years to build that app. It deserves a bounty to open source it. It was built pre-Vtorrent anyway. I don't see why the app dev can't get paid to install it for other projects. there are plenty of similar deals with people who make miners.

I was under the assumption that the dev/s on this project built it. If VTR devs didn't build it then why are you pushing it for VTR?
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
Seriously?

"Recently, I was contacted by a fellow Bitcoiner and informed about some possible shady goings-on on the DECENT platform. Reportedly, the platform has raised 5352BTC (3.2M USD equivalent) in its token presale, but the product appears to be on some shaky grounds."

https://tpbit.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/decent-torrent-blockchain-presale.html

$3.2m for a Bitcoin <> Torrent ICO?

3.2M for developing a torrent based platform, wow we're currently sitting at 50K ish marketcap.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
Seriously?

"Recently, I was contacted by a fellow Bitcoiner and informed about some possible shady goings-on on the DECENT platform. Reportedly, the platform has raised 5352BTC (3.2M USD equivalent) in its token presale, but the product appears to be on some shaky grounds."

Did you notice the article author states any solution introducing a new altcoin is not viable? Smiley
regardless of whether he is right or wrong there, but I would not trust this author or rely on his conclusions, just because he seems to be genuinely subjective and somewhat biased. This may be even paid article, not sure.
legendary
Seriously?

legendary
Wow lisp! I haven't seen that since college lol.  I'm heading out of town this weekend for anniversary with wife, but I'll toy around with it when i get back.

just interesting background, but i would be interested in your view before vtorrent devs got in contact with you and you got too busy.
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Wow lisp! I haven't seen that since college lol.  I'm heading out of town this weekend for anniversary with wife, but I'll toy around with it when i get back.
legendary
Hey vTorrent,

I stumbled across this project and it piqued my interest. I normally develop in C#/Java, but I'd be interested in helping out on this project in any way I can.

Let me know what needs to be done and how I can help Smiley

-pickle

Cool...What do you think of keyrun?

https://git.playgrub.com/toby/keyrun/tree/torrent
Activity: 242
Merit: 250
Hey vTorrent,

I stumbled across this project and it piqued my interest. I normally develop in C#/Java, but I'd be interested in helping out on this project in any way I can.

Let me know what needs to be done and how I can help Smiley

-pickle
legendary
Anyone can tell me why this coin would be "better" than others? When did the dev write news last time? Time frame for stuff to get released? It's been 1½ year since the thread came up and nothing is done yet or?

Buy some golf coin Smiley

No thanks, guess I got my answer already.

Here you go (nice bump, too, thanks)

Dear all,

vTorrent-Client 0.8.1 is officially released!

What's New

This release focused on enhancing our core client in all areas including HD wallet and implementing 2fa to ensure security of users token, along with planned hard-fork to the network in order to add features to our protocol to prepare for later development.

-Version bumped to 0.8.1 to indicate a new major release
-Bumped protocol version to 80016
-Implemented 2fa
-Added new DNS seed
-Added new Checkpoints
-Added CheckLockTimeVerify (BIP65)
-Added BIP44, BIP39, BIP32 support
-Added CLTV
-Asynchronous Indexing

Scheduled hard-fork:
-Posv2 at Block 1200000
-Posv3 at Block 1300000

Bug fixes:
-Fixed validateaddress stealth addresses bug

Build system:
-build: add MXE compatibility

Miscellaneous:
-Upgrade Qt to 5.7
-Upgrade Boost to 1.61
-Upgrade Berkeley to 6.1.26
-Upgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.2h
-Upgrade miniupnpc to 2.0

SHA256 Checksum:

Code:
vTorrent-0.8.1-Win.zip - 8e341ffc6b4031a9159ea1777a44da52a6c0206651b6bcfef984dc5fc18005fb
vTorrent-0.8.1-OSX.dmg - d08c5c01ce99bed8d90d25c53e3ad66549fd31b5837b3a07643622ceee74814d
vTorrentd-0.8.1-ubuntu.tar.gz - 1fc6ac69814e88fb0007d26319d0d38b9574974e52f6f8c898bb627f39bbbf2e

Downloads:
https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/releases/

**This release has a massive overhaul regarding the way orphans are dealt with including asynchronous indexing. There will be a reindex on the blockindex only, so expect to wait between 40-60 minutes on first startup.

This upgrade is mandatory, all services such as exchanges and all users is required to make upgrade to this release as soon as possible.

Regards,

vTorrent
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Anyone can tell me why this coin would be "better" than others? When did the dev write news last time? Time frame for stuff to get released? It's been 1½ year since the thread came up and nothing is done yet or?

No thanks, guess I got my answer already.
legendary

Activity: 522

That would require all the effort of looking up the OPs thread history and speed reading through about ~150 posts.

That's going to require a lot of effort on your part.

I wish you well.
Activity: 616
Jump to: