Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 162. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Anyone have a bootstrap for VTR?  We were trying to update to the latest version but it looks like it requires an entire blockchain resync ;(

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Hi Richie,
I posted one recently which was at about block 1,000,000--you can find it by searching through my posts under my username.

Should only take a bit after that; if it doesn't work for some reason let me know and I'll pop out a fresh one when I have a moment.

Thanks but i think we got it sorted out.

Is there still an active dev on the project?  The bug for validateaddress still exists which is why the faucet and bittrex are having problems.

Basically it comes down to this, before coins are sent anywhere, people usually do a "validateaddress" on an address.  You check for "isvalid: true" and make sure that the "address" that comes back out is the same one you passed in.  For VTR, this returns, thus anytime you try and validate an address before sending coins, it fails.  If the dev would fix this, we could address the problem with withdrawals to stealth addresses.

vtrcoin validateaddress xr15yLa9wNadfgvWskNMTLhQSZZhixUaUrBHRQEFaxLRLP864rcqEf5P1QR9WNBksajN1QZCDu5Lc7P c8vTuUW8u5PzahvcvP52S8H
{
    "isvalid" : true,
    "ismine" : true,
    "address" : "XZww38dEzKrxkWoyNVsYn4UG8epA8x1vsa"
}

You can always withdraw to a non stealth address as a temporary workaround.

Thanks,
Richie

PS. do not try to send to the non stealth address of your bittrex stealth address.  It wont work.

Dear all,

All of this issue should be fixed with better compatibility for services and exchanges with the latest commit on Github.

vTorrent is the ONLY Crypto-Currency that support RPC command such as "validateaddress" and "dumpprivkey" on stealth address.

I will also be publishing daemon binary with 2FA fully supported soon.

Regards,

vTorrent

Showing off your skills again, well done dev.
legendary
Anyone used rawxio? How long have they been around?
legendary
Dear all,

All of this issue should be fixed with better compatibility for services and exchanges with the latest commit on Github.

vTorrent is the ONLY Crypto-Currency that support RPC command such as "validateaddress" and "dumpprivkey" on stealth address.

Regards,

vTorrent

Good.

That's the first non troll post you made for at least a year Smiley

I bet it was painful for you to write that one word.
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Dear all,

VTR is currently back online on Bittrex, and now we are trading on RAWX.IO!

rawx.io (VTR-BTC)

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent

Good.

WOW  Shocked  Shocked Shocked. Positive comment!

mishax1 is satisfied!!! I thought it was impossible, but it happened Grin. Kudos to the Dev!
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Anyone have a bootstrap for VTR?  We were trying to update to the latest version but it looks like it requires an entire blockchain resync ;(

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Hi Richie,
I posted one recently which was at about block 1,000,000--you can find it by searching through my posts under my username.

Should only take a bit after that; if it doesn't work for some reason let me know and I'll pop out a fresh one when I have a moment.

Thanks but i think we got it sorted out.

Is there still an active dev on the project?  The bug for validateaddress still exists which is why the faucet and bittrex are having problems.

Basically it comes down to this, before coins are sent anywhere, people usually do a "validateaddress" on an address.  You check for "isvalid: true" and make sure that the "address" that comes back out is the same one you passed in.  For VTR, this returns, thus anytime you try and validate an address before sending coins, it fails.  If the dev would fix this, we could address the problem with withdrawals to stealth addresses.

vtrcoin validateaddress xr15yLa9wNadfgvWskNMTLhQSZZhixUaUrBHRQEFaxLRLP864rcqEf5P1QR9WNBksajN1QZCDu5Lc7P c8vTuUW8u5PzahvcvP52S8H
{
    "isvalid" : true,
    "ismine" : true,
    "address" : "XZww38dEzKrxkWoyNVsYn4UG8epA8x1vsa"
}

You can always withdraw to a non stealth address as a temporary workaround.

Thanks,
Richie

PS. do not try to send to the non stealth address of your bittrex stealth address.  It wont work.

Dear all,

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 1456
This is one of the ways I thought VTR could be used to move files locally and get payments to all parties from the original rights supply to the local seeders.

https://torrentfreak.com/indian-isps-speed-bittorrent-peering-torrent-site-160828/

It's interesting that ISPs could end up promoting VTR
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
Any idea why VTR has been put to wallet  maintenance on Bittrex? A new wallet update with torrent feature finally enabled?

Probably the usual problems..

I now make it official, you are now VTR's very own troll, welcome Smiley

He asked a question, I gave him the answer..  If you consider that as trolling then you have issues my friend.

Why negative/sarcastic answers all the time? A lot of people would consider that trolling.

It's no my fault that every question/answer about this project is negative..
legendary
Any idea why VTR has been put to wallet  maintenance on Bittrex? A new wallet update with torrent feature finally enabled?

He asked a question, I gave him the answer..  If you consider that as trolling then you have issues my friend.

Why negative/sarcastic answers all the time? A lot of people would consider that trolling.
legendary
Any idea why VTR has been put to wallet  maintenance on Bittrex? A new wallet update with torrent feature finally enabled?

He asked a question, I gave him the answer..  If you consider that as trolling then you have issues my friend.
legendary
Any idea why VTR has been put to wallet  maintenance on Bittrex? A new wallet update with torrent feature finally enabled?

legendary

I think there's an error with the stealth addresses.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1764
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Is the older pre 2fa version still usable?

You could probably get a an old link to it and still use it, but why do you want to use it? It's really, really slow when it comes to verifying the historic chain.

There is also a recommendation to update and there will be a hard fork due in a few months.

Thanks, just wondering when the hard fork happens. I have a couple of months to catch up and wonder if it's best to sync then upgrade, or upgrade then sync. Want to avoid having to sync the whole chain if I can
legendary
I'm also trying not to be biased (although I hold a decent chunk of VTR) but I can safely say that the level of communication has been low, but I also think that is in some ways preferable to the ten thousand other pump and dump projects around which haven't done shit except for try and be "the future of cryptocurrency is here!"

This is an interesting project but we're still kinda in the dark how far along things are (which does fit in with previous comments make by the dev if anyone cares to go back several dozen pages).

Not sure what else I can really do as an end-user to support the project because I don't know how to code.

You should know that like 99% of the legit developers SUCKS @ marketing and communications. I am telling you this from my personal experience with 30+ coders. Those who are posting often in their threads (and in most cases are using sock puppet accounts) are 99% scammers. They may stay for a month, 6 months or a year, but they will definitely one day disappear.

I would agree that VTR dev should do more about it, but from my experience, I have learned to accept such actions (i.e. - I find it normal). Maybe you should make some proposals, but actions always speaks louder than words.

P.S. I don't want this to sound like advertising, but I am part of a cryptocurrency with a 12 people team from 10 different countries around the world. I am also something like a Project leader. Do you know that our members are currently forbidden to post in our thread, tweet or... whatever? That's because of a one simple truth - as of now, we have nothing to say.

I don't really doubt that; as far as I'm concerned the dev hasn't really promised anything he hasn't delivered on so far, its just that development takes time.

We're two years into this rollercoaster, and about 2 months away (if I recall correctly) from the expected PoSv2 stage. So let's see where it goes.

We've held this long, what's a few more months to wait for torrents.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
I'm also trying not to be biased (although I hold a decent chunk of VTR) but I can safely say that the level of communication has been low, but I also think that is in some ways preferable to the ten thousand other pump and dump projects around which haven't done shit except for try and be "the future of cryptocurrency is here!"

This is an interesting project but we're still kinda in the dark how far along things are (which does fit in with previous comments make by the dev if anyone cares to go back several dozen pages).

Not sure what else I can really do as an end-user to support the project because I don't know how to code.

You should know that like 99% of the legit developers SUCKS @ marketing and communications. I am telling you this from my personal experience with 30+ coders. Those who are posting often in their threads (and in most cases are using sock puppet accounts) are 99% scammers. They may stay for a month, 6 months or a year, but they will definitely one day disappear.

I would agree that VTR dev should do more about it, but from my experience, I have learned to accept such actions (i.e. - I find it normal). Maybe you should make some proposals, but actions always speaks louder than words.

P.S. I don't want this to sound like advertising, but I am part of a cryptocurrency with a 12 people team from 10 different countries around the world. I am also something like a Project leader. Do you know that our members are currently forbidden to post in our thread, tweet or... whatever? That's because of a one simple truth - as of now, we have nothing to say.

I don't really doubt that; as far as I'm concerned the dev hasn't really promised anything he hasn't delivered on so far, its just that development takes time.

We're two years into this rollercoaster, and about 2 months away (if I recall correctly) from the expected PoSv2 stage. So let's see where it goes.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Trex top wallet keeps off loading his bag.

Yeah that wallet seemed to accumulate big around the block 1 mil announcement/"hype".
legendary
Trex top wallet keeps off loading his bag.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity

Jump to: