Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 184. (Read 436160 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

If anyone seeds licensed content for free, you might consider him a rebel or fighter for information freedom, but if he takes money for seeding licensed content created by others, he is nothing more than a thief, who sells the stuff he stole...

It will be used by artists, the ones who produce will sell their stuff, not the thiefs.

Imagine how many micro producers, like hobby DJ's and other small entrepreneurs could sell their stuff there.

Whereas big record companties dont accept them.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
Joystream will be ready soon...

Not a big fan of paid Torrens seeding... In fact commercializing torrents kills the ideology standing behind them. If people are paid for sharing, it becomes not about freedom of information, but just about greed and making money.

If anyone seeds licensed content for free, you might consider him a rebel or fighter for information freedom, but if he takes money for seeding licensed content created by others, he is nothing more than a thief, who sells the stuff he stole...
Joystream will be ready soon, i dont think this coin will survive after that gets out.

Especially if the dev doesnt care about community.
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Still can't understand why you don't want to share more with our community about development
This project have a great potential...but at least I can accumulate cheap now

About the torrent implementation, currently uploading and seed ratio to generation of TOKEN (which is interchangeable to VTR in client) by seeding algorithm is already implemented but we are now in the process of implementing an anti-cheat system in our BitTorrent Engine as there are many known ways for users to spoofs their upload and cheat their share ratio with tools such as Tracker-Pro, RadioMaster, mRatio and GreedyTorrent which acts as a proxy between client and tracker.

If users are able to cheat their seed ratio, our whole system would then be corrupted.

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
It will be ready when the elite establish their one world tyranny, but unfortunately it will be too late for us all then.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Any news, how much % has been completed of this project.

Give me an estimation please 50% , 70%?

I'd say 100% of the easy stuff, and much less of the cutting edge torrent features .... very speculative coin

So it's a scam or a lazy developer?

I would say - its a busy developer.
Too busy, and not very communicative.

Doesn't look like scam - no typical scam pattern here.

If not scam, then who's trading his own coins on Bittrex for the last 1.5yeas so it won't get delisted due to low volume ?

Well, whomever is doing that, it is not a scam indication at all. Trading his own coins to keep the coin on an exchange is a normal practise for a long-term passive project, and is actually a positive indication - it means someone cares about the coin. It is like paying an exchange to keep the coin, in anticipation of better times/possible progress in future whee the trades could occur naturally...

Take a look at the credits on the source code. It will tell you some of the dependencies and explain some (word chosen carefully) of the timing delays.
legendary

I'd say 100% of the easy stuff, and much less of the cutting edge torrent features .... very speculative coin

If not scam, then who's trading his own coins on Bittrex for the last 1.5yeas so it won't get delisted due to low volume ?

Well, whomever is doing that, it is not a scam indication at all. Trading his own coins to keep the coin on an exchange is a normal practice for a long-term passive project, and is actually a positive indication - it means someone cares about the coin. It is like paying an exchange to keep the coin, in anticipation of better times/possible progress in future whee the trades could occur naturally...

Whats the point of trading your own coins if nobody else trades them?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

Ok then he is very lazy, and doesnt really care much about the project.

Maybe he just works on it every weekend or something like a hobby ,and doesnt give a crap about the community.

I have been following this thread for almost a year now ,and 1 year ago, it was the same situation .

I wanted to invest in this 4 months ago , but then I changed my mind, i`m not that kind of long term investor Cheesy
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

I agree probably not a scam (no ico, no pumps & dumps), more likely the dev doesn't have the skills and/or time to complete the difficult task. Risk for investors is abandonware.

@dev, why don't you communicate and get some assistance from community. What do you need to finish vTorrent?
legendary

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
dev please give updates regarding the development.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

legendary
Activity: 1456
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

A torrent site like PLAY on the Zeronet.io platform for Vtorrent would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1288

When dev release some working demo or video, I'll try to contact Chinese exchange like BTC38 to get them notice.

This is one of the coin that looks to be more long term and truly unique with no hype (like at all!).

Roll Eyes

Lol, no hype here.

When a working beta is released everyone will see how unique this project is. (when is the key word though) Smiley
Activity: 38
Merit: 0

When dev release some working demo or video, I'll try to contact Chinese exchange like BTC38 to get them notice.

This is one of the coin that looks to be more long term and truly unique with no hype (like at all!).

Roll Eyes
Jump to: