Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 190. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

seems vTorrent dev has responded to 'bad language' and cuss words in the past ... might be time to 'four-letter' him out of the code bunker for an update Grin

Lolz.

My grandmother used to say that you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar  Smiley

Dear Mr developer,
                                please, please, please, if it's not too much trouble, could you inform the community of what you are currently working on and how far along are you from implementing torrents onto the block chain? Please note that I am not asking for a delivery date, but just curious as to how development is going. Maybe a few sentences or pretty screenshot would be nice, as we have waited nearly one year.

Kind Regards, Leigh.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100

seems vTorrent dev has responded to 'bad language' and cuss words in the past ... might be time to 'four-letter' him out of the code bunker for an update Grin
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017
any updates?

Updates? are you mad?

Dev don't do updates.

And what exactly is he doing ?
legendary
any updates?

Updates? are you mad?

Dev don't do updates.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1456
@ Dev

Release the Kraken.....I've never seen Clash of the Titans, until recently.  I'm a bit slow, but now I get your post  Grin
legendary
Never mind I sussed it.

I thought I was going to have to install windows for a moment, PHEEEEEWWWW!
legendary

Thanks for the reply,

I installed QT creator with QT 5.5 and that didn't work so I reverted to 5.2.1 and that seemed to fix it, now I get this error:

Code:
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:40:23: fatal error: secp256k1.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                       ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/smessage.o] Error 1
21:17:22: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project vTorrent-client (kit: Desktop Qt 5.2.1 GCC 32bit)
When executing step "Make"

Any ideas?

Please grab latest libsecp256k1 from https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1 and build it on your system.

libsecp256k1 is built using autotools:

Code:
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make
$ ./tests
$ sudo make install  # optional

Regards,

vTorrent

Thanks for the reply dev,

I installed the libsecp256k1 and all went well.

I got another build error while trying to install via QT creator:
Code:
ar: creating libleveldb.a
g++ -I. -I./include -std=c++0x -fno-builtin-memcmp -pthread -DOS_LINUX -DLEVELDB_PLATFORM_POSIX -DLEVELDB_ATOMIC_PRESENT -pipe -DUSE_SECP256K1 -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2 -c helpers/memenv/memenv.cc -o helpers/memenv/memenv.o
rm -f libmemenv.a
ar -rs libmemenv.a helpers/memenv/memenv.o
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/leigh/installed/vTorrent-Client-master/src/leveldb'
cd /home/leigh/installed/vTorrent-Client-master; /bin/sh share/genbuild.sh /home/leigh/installed/build-vTorrent-client-Desktop_Qt_5_2_1_GCC_32bit-Debug/build/build.h
ar: creating libmemenv.a
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
g++ -c -pipe -DUSE_SECP256K1 -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -g -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DQT_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE=0 -DUSE_SECP256K1 -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DMINIUPNP_STATICLIB -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_DBUS -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I../vTorrent-Client-master/src -I../vTorrent-Client-master/src/json -I../vTorrent-Client-master/src/qt -Isrc/qt/plugins/mrichtexteditor -I/usr/local/include -I../vTorrent-Client-master/src/leveldb/include -I../vTorrent-Client-master/src/leveldb/helpers -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtWidgets -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtDBus -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtNetwork -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtGui -I../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/smessage.o ../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp
In file included from ../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qalgorithms.h:45:0,
                 from ../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qdebug.h:45,
                 from ../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/QDebug:1,
                 from ../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:66:
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qglobal.h:472:50: warning: 'OutputDebugStringF' is an unrecognized format function type [-Wformat=]
          __attribute__((format(printf, (A), (B))))
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qlogging.h:95:44: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     void debug(const char *msg, ...) const Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 3);
                                            ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qglobal.h:472:50: warning: 'OutputDebugStringF' is an unrecognized format function type [-Wformat=]
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qlogging.h:96:43: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     void noDebug(const char *, ...) const Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 3)
                                           ^
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qlogging.h:98:46: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     void warning(const char *msg, ...) const Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 3);
                                              ^
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qlogging.h:99:47: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     void critical(const char *msg, ...) const Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 3);
                                               ^
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qlogging.h:104:59: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     void fatal(const char *msg, ...) const Q_DECL_NOTHROW Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 3);
                                                           ^
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qstring.h:305:55: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     QString &vsprintf(const char *format, va_list ap) Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 0);
                                                       ^
                                                  ^
../../Qt/5/5.2.1/gcc/include/QtCore/qstring.h:306:47: note: in expansion of macro 'Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF'
     QString &sprintf(const char *format, ...) Q_ATTRIBUTE_FORMAT_PRINTF(2, 3);
                                               ^
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp: In constructor '{anonymous}::CSecp256k1Init::CSecp256k1Init()':
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:75:25: error: 'SECP256K1_START_VERIFY' was not declared in this scope
         secp256k1_start(SECP256K1_START_VERIFY);
                         ^
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:75:47: error: 'secp256k1_start' was not declared in this scope
         secp256k1_start(SECP256K1_START_VERIFY);
                                               ^
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp: In destructor '{anonymous}::CSecp256k1Init::~CSecp256k1Init()':
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:78:24: error: 'secp256k1_stop' was not declared in this scope
         secp256k1_stop();
                        ^
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp: In function 'bool DeriveKey(std::vector&, const CKey&, const CPubKey&)':
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:88:70: error: cannot convert 'unsigned char*' to 'const secp256k1_context* {aka const secp256k1_context_struct*}' for argument '1' to 'int secp256k1_ec_pubkey_tweak_mul(const secp256k1_context*, secp256k1_pubkey*, const unsigned char*)'
     return secp256k1_ec_pubkey_tweak_mul(&vchP[0], vchP.size(), &r[0]);
                                                                      ^
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp: In function 'bool SecureMsgReceiveData(CNode*, std::string, CDataStream&)':
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:1538:96: warning: format '%zu' expects argument of type 'size_t', but argument 2 has type 'int64_t {aka long long int}' [-Wformat=]
                 printf("Locking bucket %"PRIszu" for peer %u.\n", time, pfrom->smsgData.nPeerId);
                                                                                                ^
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp: In function 'bool DeriveKey(std::vector&, const CKey&, const CPubKey&)':
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:89:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
 }
 ^
18:16:02: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project vTorrent-client (kit: Desktop Qt 5.2.1 GCC 32bit)

Thanks for any reply, Leigh.
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
@vTorrent, can you give any updates on your progress?

any eta for a client with working torrent functionality?

thanks
Activity: 195
Merit: 104

Thanks for the reply,

I installed QT creator with QT 5.5 and that didn't work so I reverted to 5.2.1 and that seemed to fix it, now I get this error:

Code:
../vTorrent-Client-master/src/smessage.cpp:40:23: fatal error: secp256k1.h: No such file or directory
 #include
                       ^
compilation terminated.

Any ideas?

Please grab latest libsecp256k1 from https://github.com/bitcoin/secp256k1 and build it on your system.

libsecp256k1 is built using autotools:

Code:
$ ./autogen.sh
$ ./configure
$ make
$ ./tests
$ sudo make install  # optional

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary
I've been updating my OS to the newest version of Linux Mint over the weekend, I got a compile error when trying to install vTorrent source:

Code:
In file included from src/qt/bitcoin.cpp:8:0:
src/qt/bitcoingui_c.h:8:23: fatal error: QJsonObject: No such file or directory
 #include
                       ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/bitcoin.o] Error 1

How do I install the QJsonObject dependency?

Hello,

QJsonObject is one of the headers in QtCore.Framework, please make sure that you have installed QT5 correctly in your system.

Regards,

vTorrent

Thanks for the reply,

Code:
 #include
                       ^
compilation terminated.

Any ideas?
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
I've been updating my OS to the newest version of Linux Mint over the weekend, I got a compile error when trying to install vTorrent source:

Code:
 #include
                       ^
compilation terminated.

Hello,

QJsonObject is one of the headers in QtCore.Framework, please make sure that you have installed QT5 correctly in your system.

Regards,

vTorrent
legendary

Code:
 #include
                       ^
compilation terminated.

legendary
With Diwali celebrations just recently over, the next event is VTRs 1st birthday.

Wonder how that will be marked  Undecided

Be nice to have the big release on the first birthday of VTR.
Activity: 522
Seems to be working now.

Good to hear. Did it just resolve itself, or did you do something in particular?

I think my computer crashes while sleeping and this corrupts the blockchain somehow. Still working though.
Activity: 544
With Diwali celebrations just recently over, the next event is VTRs 1st birthday.

silence .....
legendary
Seems to be working now.

Good to hear. Did it just resolve itself, or did you do something in particular?
legendary

Jump to: