Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 2. (Read 436049 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
You guys can get listed on the Emblem Exchange with Circuits Of Value immediately for free.  No scam here, just letting you know.  Email them here:  [email protected].  

Already over 500 coins there.  Beta is about to be released.

Coval is the project.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
Does anyone want to sell some coins?

I would like to buy some VTR also, any offers?
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
Does anyone want to sell some coins?
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Thanks for info!
Bug fixed.

Well something is different, but I'm not sure it's correct yet - it's now *under* counting:

And my address is no longer even found on the explorer -- what gives? Is there a "ramp up" time for the explorer to discover peers or something? I'm confused!

Furthermore, on the "currency info" page -- the supply here was correct yesterday at ~11.8 million and disagreed with the rich list cumulative total of ~17 million. But today, both the rich list and currency info agree on the wrong number of: 7191336.76817666 VTR

edit: Up over 10 million now, so maybe it's just a chain re-sync thing - gettin' there. Smiley  Thanks for the quick fix/response CG.tk!
Activity: 78
Merit: 2
VTR block explorer moved from cryptoguru to ccexp.
http://ccexp.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

So I've noticed that this block explorer (the only VTR explorer I know of) seems to include orphaned PoS blocks as valid balance increases. I checked my staking wallet and it claims I have a significantly higher balance, and the only thing I can think is that it's counting orphans. If you go to the Rich List and go to the very last page, the "total" column - which is adding up the total supply shows:

(144.94050802%)

Which claims the total supply is ~17 million instead of the ~11.8 million it actually is -- and you can tell that it acknowledges this is 44.94% over the total supply.

Is this the only block explorer? I was trying to investigate and find addresses that might've been the dev and noticed this error. I'm going to PM the explorer contact account to see if this can be corrected.

Thanks for info!
Bug fixed.
VTR block explorer moved from cryptoguru to ccexp.
http://ccexp.tk/CurrencyInfo/index.php?Currency=VTR

So I've noticed that this block explorer (the only VTR explorer I know of) seems to include orphaned PoS blocks as valid balance increases. I checked my staking wallet and it claims I have a significantly higher balance, and the only thing I can think is that it's counting orphans. If you go to the Rich List and go to the very last page, the "total" column - which is adding up the total supply shows:

(144.94050802%)

Which claims the total supply is ~17 million instead of the ~11.8 million it actually is -- and you can tell that it acknowledges this is 44.94% over the total supply.

Is this the only block explorer? I was trying to investigate and find addresses that might've been the dev and noticed this error. I'm going to PM the explorer contact account to see if this can be corrected.
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
Thank you. Have connection now.

Do we know if the dev is still staking his coins, what is his last known address?
Activity: 30
Thank you. Have connection now.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
I was waiting for gold depend but did not happen and now delisted from Bittrex. Is this coin still alive? Zero connections to network. Addnode list?

Here's the list of nodes:
  • addnode=159.69.85.89:22524
    addnode=74.208.169.161:61006
    addnode=58.10.85.9:22524
    addnode=74.208.169.161:61006
    addnode=212.237.28.4:22524
    addnode=66.42.55.243:22524
    addnode=207.148.102.6:22524

Also would be a good idea to open ports on your router/firewall.

Blockchain snapshot for a faster sync: https://mega.nz/#!sMhwgYrB!t_BkX2MVbhFEG1sf0pYiubVAwPFKOLG8dDMZgEv3iQg
Activity: 30
I was waiting for gold depend but did not happen and now delisted from Bittrex. Is this coin still alive? Zero connections to network. Addnode list?
Activity: 5

Can anyone log in to  B-ex or are they gone?

Yes, my coins are still there and they have withdrawal active, but no deposit or trading.  I don't see any reason to withdraw them yet or I would test it.  I'm holding faith, but it's beginning to look like another team may beat VTR to the punch with a similar concept, but using an existing privacy coin.
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Put yourself in his shoes. You have a wallet with quite a lot of coins in it and you keep staking. You have perfect knowledge if you are going to deliver the product or not. It's January, btc is at the ath, vtr is worth 10x more than it is now and it's listed on bittrex. If you know that you are not going to release anything and it's just a scam why wouldn't you dump your coins? It seems that he didn't. When you look at it from this perspective it doesn't matter if its forgotten vps or not. He won't be able to dump those coins anymore and he could have made 20 btc or more but he didn't.

Good point, whatever happens from here I think it's reasonable to assume this dev didn't set out to scam anyone, there was no ico, and the premine was quite small, so if vtorrent ends up failing it will be for some legitimate reason, like the dev didn't solve all the tech problems, or his private life made it hard to commit the needed time.

The good news is if the dev is still working and actually releases a viable torrent implementation,  then there's nothing preventing this project taking off in a big way, there's no smell, no scam, just clear air!
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo

Can anyone log in to  B-ex or are they gone?
Put yourself in his shoes. You have a wallet with quite a lot of coins in it and you keep staking. You have perfect knowledge if you are going to deliver the product or not. It's January, btc is at the ath, vtr is worth 10x more than it is now and it's listed on bittrex. If you know that you are not going to release anything and it's just a scam why wouldn't you dump your coins? It seems that he didn't. When you look at it from this perspective it doesn't matter if its forgotten vps or not. He won't be able to dump those coins anymore and he could have made 20 btc or more but he didn't.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
In the first release candidate version of the 0.8.2.1 wallet (which he released ~10 months ago) it seems that dev forgot to disable the debugging mode. You could see that there have been two vtr addresses in the code which have been labeled as dev and pnoch. Both of those addresses are holding and staking coins. It was delisted from bittrex so he could have dumped it long time ago but he is still holding it for some reason. There is no exchange and it's not going to pump unless he delivers the code. If he never planned to deliver I don't see why would he keep acting like he does after bittrex delisting. There would be no incentive for him. We know that he is still active, he is holding and staking coins so still there is hope. Every time in the past he was more active in November and December, we will find out if that's going to be the case this year. He also is/was active on bittrex slack channel under the nickname 'vtr.vtorrent'. If you are lucky maybe you'll be able to talk with him.

Actually, we have no evidence he is actually acting somehow... It may as well be just a semi-forgotten VPS left running with a staking node active on it.
Activity: 275
Merit: 104
Anyone got an updated addnode listing? Or is there an active block explorer for VTR? vtrchains.com seems to be gone?

nodes from getpeerinfo:

"addr" : "74.197.37.3:64076",
"addr" : "104.251.215.56:39966",
"addr" : "94.65.75.2:22524",
"addr" : "104.42.26.107:3008",
"addr" : "98.172.83.57:45312",
"addr" : "149.167.137.145:52276",
"addr" : "98.180.124.103:52704",
"addr" : "31.3.153.247:54523",
"addr" : "159.69.85.89:41066",
"addr" : "83.47.211.191:63621",
"addr" : "47.106.174.201:57459",
"addr" : "113.53.150.112:61440",
"addr" : "221.156.137.251:22524",
"addr" : "209.150.37.156:51395",
"addr" : "108.162.144.84:22524",
"addr" : "41.90.52.216:18041",
"addr" : "75.176.29.52:58299",
"addr" : "45.55.197.64:53574",
"addr" : "80.211.69.75:41070",

Cryptoguru explorer moved: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43222281
seems to be 100+ blocks behind for now.
In the first release candidate version of the 0.8.2.1 wallet (which he released ~10 months ago) it seems that dev forgot to disable the debugging mode. You could see that there have been two vtr addresses in the code which have been labeled as dev and pnoch. Both of those addresses are holding and staking coins. It was delisted from bittrex so he could have dumped it long time ago but he is still holding it for some reason. There is no exchange and it's not going to pump unless he delivers the code. If he never planned to deliver I don't see why would he keep acting like he does after bittrex delisting. There would be no incentive for him. We know that he is still active, he is holding and staking coins so still there is hope. Every time in the past he was more active in November and December, we will find out if that's going to be the case this year. He also is/was active on bittrex slack channel under the nickname 'vtr.vtorrent'. If you are lucky maybe you'll be able to talk with him.
There's @vtorrentcrypto on Twitter which is supposedly the dev, and he's sorta kinda active on there. Some people here claim to have emailed with him. I've emailed him a couple times and never received a response. There was some uncertainty almost a year ago now at the end of 2017 with hacked/lost accounts, and the dev not having access to certain stuff, etc. Honestly I've never been sure it's the same dev from years past, but whoever controls the accounts now does have access to the original github and has put out wallet updates on there. As far as vaporware it very well could be, lots of big claims but the only real releases, and even the "video proof of torrent functionality" are all just GUI work, and may not actually be any torrent backend at all, just faking it for the camera. No one knows.

With Tron's involvement with BitTorrent and projects like Upfiring, it remains to be seen if this has a place in the market at all with the speed of its releases, even if it is real. This is a super super risky, hail mary longshot sort of coin to hold. I honestly think it's been a complete misdirection/fake development cycle for well over a year now, but this is one of my favorite "moonshots" to follow cause the potential is huge if it actually happens.

Great answer, thank you very much for your perspective!

I agree, the delay with any confirmation that torrent implementation is actually 'real' while other parties like Tron and Joystream are making observable progress is really disappointing,  but if this dev were to release something in the next few weeks/months it could become one of the all time records for ROI for those who stick around. I'm still staking a good number of coins when I sync my wallet,  maybe one day we'll relive the feeling of early Bitcoin miners who mined coins on cpu' s for nothing that later mooned! It's not very likely, but possible I'm sitting on a future bag of gold!
There's @vtorrentcrypto on Twitter which is supposedly the dev, and he's sorta kinda active on there. Some people here claim to have emailed with him. I've emailed him a couple times and never received a response. There was some uncertainty almost a year ago now at the end of 2017 with hacked/lost accounts, and the dev not having access to certain stuff, etc. Honestly I've never been sure it's the same dev from years past, but whoever controls the accounts now does have access to the original github and has put out wallet updates on there. As far as vaporware it very well could be, lots of big claims but the only real releases, and even the "video proof of torrent functionality" are all just GUI work, and may not actually be any torrent backend at all, just faking it for the camera. No one knows.

With Tron's involvement with BitTorrent and projects like Upfiring, it remains to be seen if this has a place in the market at all with the speed of its releases, even if it is real. This is a super super risky, hail mary longshot sort of coin to hold. I honestly think it's been a complete misdirection/fake development cycle for well over a year now, but this is one of my favorite "moonshots" to follow cause the potential is huge if it actually happens.
Is the dev still active anywhere, like a slack channel or even email with a few select people?

This toŕent coin project should really be valued in the 100 millions, what exactly has been the problem, is the tech close to being finished, or is this vaporware only?
Pages:
Jump to: