Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 9. (Read 436049 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
this is so so real rite now...and to think we had thought dev was scamming everyone. seems dev hates the competition frOM UFR. lol! finally, we are here. all competition is good competition.
UFR isn't a competitor.. They want to decide which client you use to play the downloaded content.. Nobody is going to use that.

i don't get your meaning?? what do you mean by UFR is not a competitor? aren't they supposed to be doing the same thing? p2p file sharing??
Yeah ok, but a crapy one at that, its more like netflix but way smaller. They need to release something for every platform, you wont be able to download anything AND do something with the file, beside use it with the ufr player. Youl'll be entirely dependant on their media player and how good it is and if / when / how it supports android devices, tvs, streaming, casting.
Activity: 462
Merit: 1
This project sounds great, a decentralized platform for sharing content include game, adult video. Waiting for a public version
Activity: 141
so VTR are in POW phase now? where is the pool to mine?
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
VIDEO OF THE VTORRENT BITTORRENT MODULE

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUhxr753IDY

Wow, looks like the progress is here already Smiley
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Pls ignore Warning. Cyberbullying in progress.Sad.
this is so so real rite now...and to think we had thought dev was scamming everyone. seems dev hates the competition frOM UFR. lol! finally, we are here. all competition is good competition.
UFR isn't a competitor.. They want to decide which client you use to play the downloaded content.. Nobody is going to use that.

i don't get your meaning?? what do you mean by UFR is not a competitor? aren't they supposed to be doing the same thing? p2p file sharing??
Activity: 196
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Pls ignore Warning. Cyberbullying in progress.Sad.
Activity: 16
DEV DELIVERED, this is happening!
Activity: 613
Merit: 501
VIDEO OF THE VTORRENT BITTORRENT MODULE

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUhxr753IDY
Is there a working site now where I can share my torrents and then get cryptocash from it? I am totally excited about this project and I'd be hopeful that this will make it into the world of Crypto.

Not yet, torrents are currently in private beta. The project is still an ongoing development, hence the low market cap. This is a long term high risk/high reward project and only time will tell if it will succeed.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251
Is there a working site now where I can share my torrents and then get cryptocash from it? I am totally excited about this project and I'd be hopeful that this will make it into the world of Crypto.
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
What is vTorrent Coin?
vTorrent the world’s first open-source project that the model of uTorrent with the vTorrent Coin, one is cryptocurrency combined.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-vtorrent-coin.html
Thanks for finding this post. Didn't see it.

Anyway, I suppose it was made at the times when coins101 and few other active community members were still around, so it might have had some sense at the time. I am not implying they would want to keep the old chain with alternative vision, just that they were able to do that if they wanted to.

In any case there is no community members now able and willing to support a meaningless 'classic' fork (that is IMHO). This is not so good for the project (I would have preferred to see bigger and more potent community on this coin now), but at least it assures smooth fork if developer believes he would need to do it.

You are right, support for a classic coin is nonexistent and only time will tell if this will change. Right now I am optimistic about the promotional fund that has been set up by the community that exceeds $1000+ and climbing. Everyone joining this project has the power to change the course of the price.

Right now waiting for the zero-knowledge zec fork, today showed that zcash held up really well and momentum is shifting towards it, coins with zcash blockchain and protocol will come in the spotlight as a result.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1073
Thanks for finding this post. Didn't see it.

Anyway, I suppose it was made at the times when coins101 and few other active community members were still around, so it might have had some sense at the time. I am not implying they would want to keep the old chain with alternative vision, just that they were able to do that if they wanted to.

In any case there is no community members now able and willing to support a meaningless 'classic' fork (that is IMHO). This is not so good for the project (I would have preferred to see bigger and more potent community on this coin now), but at least it assures smooth fork if developer believes he would need to do it.
This will create a new coin, which will rename the current vTorrent to vTorrent Classic.

Could you please elaborate on this part..? Are you implying there will be two concurrent versions of vTorrent running..? Is this a 'community' fork, or a planned fork supported by the developers?

I am a bit confused.

Dev posted this in this thread a few months back, the current coin will become vTorrent classic, which will indeed be run by the community, the developers abandon this coin and moves on to the new forked coin.

Could you please put a link to that post here? I cannot find such post in this thread.

In any case I believe there is no point in any 'classic' fork here. This coin has a purpose, and that purpose is fulfilled by the dev. Any fork without ongoing development will be useless. So I believe everyone will follow the fork the dev supports, the fork where the development is going on. Frankly speaking, there is no strong community here, to support any kind of 'classic' fork, even if someone doesn't agree by the dev by some reason. I, for one, support this dev fully. His only real drawback is lax communication, but otherwise he is very decent professional.

Dear all,

This project is indeed still being actively developed.

Due to nature of BitTorrent sharing, we have been experimenting with the possibility of migrating ZEC's zero-knowledge to VTR core to improve users anonymity and try to do without needing of reseting the current chain.

vTorrent 0.9.1z will be the first version to incorporate the zero-knowledge protocol and if resetting the chain is needed, there could possibly be a fork of vTorrent-Classic running by community keeping the 0.8.x chain.

There are some other plan along with this new chain, which is still being in discussion in our team.

Regards,
vTorrent
legendary
This will create a new coin, which will rename the current vTorrent to vTorrent Classic.

Could you please elaborate on this part..? Are you implying there will be two concurrent versions of vTorrent running..? Is this a 'community' fork, or a planned fork supported by the developers?

I am a bit confused.

Dev posted this in this thread a few months back, the current coin will become vTorrent classic, which will indeed be run by the community, the developers abandon this coin and moves on to the new forked coin.

Could you please put a link to that post here? I cannot find such post in this thread.

In any case I believe there is no point in any 'classic' fork here. This coin has a purpose, and that purpose is fulfilled by the dev. Any fork without ongoing development will be useless. So I believe everyone will follow the fork the dev supports, the fork where the development is going on. Frankly speaking, there is no strong community here, to support any kind of 'classic' fork, even if someone doesn't agree by the dev by some reason. I, for one, support this dev fully. His only real drawback is lax communication, but otherwise he is very decent professional.

I am a bit confused.

Activity: 613
Merit: 501
It's pure speculation. Only dev knows what's going to happen.

Sorry to tell you guys, but the dev is full of shit. Period.

Worst developer ever, you guys must know that now?

What bothers me the most is that vtr slack channel was happy and informative place in the past but now when leigh2k14 received admin privileges he turned this channel into a shit show. He surrounded himself with newbies in the vtr community and keeps banning people when they speak their mind. You can see by looking at the quoted post what kind of person he is and it's just a one of many posts where he insulted vtr dev. People like him are cancer to this coin. Sorry  Sad It's hard to communicate with dev and now we can't even communicate within vtr community. Good thing is that we can speak freely here, at bitcointalk.
legendary

I am a bit confused.
There are some interesting developments going on within the vTorrent community.

- First of all, we set up a Promotional fund in which members of the community can donate vTorrent's for advertisement campaigns and spreading the news.
- Secondly we are getting closer to a release of version v0.8.2.1, which includes some well needed upgrades to pave the way for future development
- Most importantly is the fact that dev reinstated GitHub to support development and make the project open source.

After the update rolls out, dev will be focussing on a ZEC zero-knowledge fork, the first of its kind on Bittrex.

All in all I see a good future for this coin, if Dev ramps up his communication with the community that is.

The biggest concern with this coin for me is the lack of communication from the developers and lack of a proper website.
Pages:
Jump to: