Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 242. (Read 436148 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
That's right and professional approach of a serious programmer: before moving forward, make sure you don't have hidden issues left behind, and everything works as it should.

@vTorrent: as a fellow programmer, I see three approaches to fix this (sure there might be more):
1. A hard one - debug the code, reproduce the problem (probably ask some of the guys having this issue, to send you the wallet.dat and other necessary data to reproduce the issue).
2. Easy one - remove the wallet encryption capability from the wallet for some time, until xCash developer finds the issue Smiley
3. Workaroud - replace that part of code by a code got from other wallet (not xCash), which doesn't have such issue. The issue will disappear together with the problematic code.

These are just my 2 cents Smiley. I'm pretty sure you will find the problem, as I think you are a high-class developer, the question is just hhow much effort and hassle it will cause to you.
this dev cares about quality so im guessing hes going for the hard one lol not just cuz of that but because everyone likes a challenge i mean look at Dark souls

To be honest. I prefer option number 2. But it´s not up to us.  Grin

i tkink number 1 haha
i have sent him my wallet.dat  Grin
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
That's right and professional approach of a serious programmer: before moving forward, make sure you don't have hidden issues left behind, and everything works as it should.

@vTorrent: as a fellow programmer, I see three approaches to fix this (sure there might be more):
1. A hard one - debug the code, reproduce the problem (probably ask some of the guys having this issue, to send you the wallet.dat and other necessary data to reproduce the issue).
2. Easy one - remove the wallet encryption capability from the wallet for some time, until xCash developer finds the issue Smiley
3. Workaroud - replace that part of code by a code got from other wallet (not xCash), which doesn't have such issue. The issue will disappear together with the problematic code.

These are just my 2 cents Smiley. I'm pretty sure you will find the problem, as I think you are a high-class developer, the question is just hhow much effort and hassle it will cause to you.
this dev cares about quality so im guessing hes going for the hard one lol not just cuz of that but because everyone likes a challenge i mean look at Dark souls

To be honest. I prefer option number 2. But it´s not up to us.  Grin

Activity: 627
The Pope Of Dope

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073

Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I have been and still working on debugging and try to identify parts of code which might have cause the problem with the encryption and unlock of the client.

In my opinion this bug or issue with the client is quite a serious one since its related to the core security of the client and funds of the users.

I check the thread quite often to check if there is anymore user affected by the bug.

Adding of any new aditional features to the client will be postpone until we could determine and successfully patch the issue.

Thank you all for your support.
Very good to hear Dev Smiley Nice to see you are making sure that your communities coins are safe and that any bugs are fixed before moving forward with your project Smiley Very professional and responsible of you Smiley Thanks for that update Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
I have been and still working on debugging and try to identify parts of code which might have cause the problem with the encryption and unlock of the client.

In my opinion this bug or issue with the client is quite a serious one since its related to the core security of the client and funds of the users.

I check the thread quite often to check if there is anymore user affected by the bug.

Adding of any new aditional features to the client will be postpone until we could determine and successfully patch the issue.

The xCash Dev is also looking into it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10070513
Activity: 195
Merit: 104

Price is going down  Cry

The coin price is still being attacked by a constant barrage of POW miners. The lack of block reduction means a steady stream of coins are frequently being sold. Once POW is finished the price should stabilize.

The way I see it right now is this coin is a gamble. We haven't really heard from the dev. With that being said, he could be programming something big right now. When POW finishes and he releases something groundbreaking the price will skyrocket. Til then we just have to sit back and speculate.
Yes I agree until the POW is totally done and with no coin reduction in block rewards until the end the miner dumps will continue to happen until then for sure Smiley But I do believe that if the dev is working hard on this coin like I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and assume he is and when he does release the new features then this price will go up Smiley But I do agree that this coin is a little bit of a gamble as it stands right now.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Price is going down  Cry

The coin price is still being attacked by a constant barrage of POW miners. The lack of block reduction means a steady stream of coins are frequently being sold. Once POW is finished the price should stabilize.

The way I see it right now is this coin is a gamble. We haven't really heard from the dev. With that being said, he could be programming something big right now. When POW finishes and he releases something groundbreaking the price will skyrocket. Til then we just have to sit back and speculate.
Activity: 340
Price is going down  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1029
I have a rule, if a coin Dev can't be bothered to answer your questions then why bother investing.

true.. agree with you..but this time I'm breaking dat rule.. Smiley
The Pope Of Dope
I have a rule, if a coin Dev can't be bothered to answer your questions then why bother investing.
well he is busy soo
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1029
one word ... HODL (or buy).. Grin
Don't be fool..
is this project still alive?
https://github.com/vtorrent
dev was last online today
Well that's good to know Smiley I can't wait to see what the dev has next to launch for this coin Smiley lots of people accumulating this coin from what I've seen Smiley
The Pope Of Dope
Activity: 392
Sorry didn't have the time to read the full 26  pages, so maybe it has already been asked.
My windows wallet is not syncing, I have 0 connections.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/nILyhy6.png[/imgg]

Nevermind, got it, see page 25.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
@actualadvicebtc
legendary

@ the Dev, how is the coding of the in built trading for the wallet coming along?

I can assure you that it is continuing as far as I know. Wink

I was just wondering how things were going, I'm also curious if the Dev managed to replicate the password error that locked people out of their wallets and had the the xCash Dev been in touch?
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
So, what's the deal with minerpools? Those guys never did payout around 900 coins owed me from the first day of mining and now their vtr pool site is dead. I was able to get the majority of my coins from them but that first run when they were having issues never did get resolved.

Just write to minerpools (his nickname here is the same as the name of the pools). I'm sure that there is some misunderstanding because he is a good guy.

@ the Dev, how is the coding of the in built trading for the wallet coming along?

I can assure you that it is continuing as far as I know. Wink
Jump to: