Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 62. (Read 436156 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
BITTORRENT IS ALREADY RUNNING ON THE TESTING CLIENTS

If you look on Github, you can see that the code to turn on BitTorrent - AND IT IS BITTORRENT - that's already there.

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/blob/769c926cd8e8f881b384d30501b637e2bab30e89/vtorrent-qt-hd.pro

Then if you look at the video the devs released a few months back, you can see that the current client is already able to run BitTorrent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fyK0z5APXI

So I don't think we need a hard fork to make the BitTorrent functionality work. I could be 100% wrong. But I think it's there, working. It might be buggy, but I think it's been working for a while and any bugs might be related to the recent wallet upgrades.

I thought we knew it was working?
I bet that is just the bittorrent manager, as seen in the OP.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
BITTORRENT IS ALREADY RUNNING ON THE TESTING CLIENTS

If you look on Github, you can see that the code to turn on BitTorrent - AND IT IS BITTORRENT - that's already there.

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/blob/769c926cd8e8f881b384d30501b637e2bab30e89/vtorrent-qt-hd.pro

Then if you look at the video the devs released a few months back, you can see that the current client is already able to run BitTorrent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fyK0z5APXI

So I don't think we need a hard fork to make the BitTorrent functionality work. I could be 100% wrong. But I think it's there, working. It might be buggy, but I think it's been working for a while and any bugs might be related to the recent wallet upgrades.

Activity: 119
Merit: 11
How likely is torrent features after 1.3M block? Wouldn't that require a new client? Am I getting pumped for nothing, is this gonna be another Y2K bug fizzer?

Just want to clarify

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/blob/711eb781749dfbe00d9a46169a450203a1493671/src/chainparams.cpp

The current wallet / client that we're all using.

It's already set to just switch over to a new way to calculate how interest on staking coins are calculated.

That switch means that before block 1,300,000 the calculations on how interest is awarded to everyone staking is done one way, but after block 1,300,000 it will be done a different way.

So everyone will be hard forked onto a different way of calculating interest on their staking coins.

There are also likely to be some other minor changes too.

But, you can't have two ways of calculating interest on the same network. So this needs a hard fork.

BUT THESE HARD FORK CHANGES DO NOT EQUAL TORRENT FEATURES.

What it does mean is that if a new client comes out with more upgrades, we're likely to be another step closer to what the dev seems to have in mind which is get the clients / wallets updated with everything you'll need when running torrents, and then release the torrent features.

Any updated client / wallets might not need a hard fork, just a new version, but we don't know that for sure.

For example, the current clients have the code for TOR AND I2P, but I don't think they will work. It probably means that these features will become active in the next release.

If you know how to use TOR AND I2P, you'll have that option when connecting your client and downloading /uploading stuff you're interested in. So which do you do first, torrents or TOR / I2P?

I would release torrents after laying the foundations.

Thanks, good explanation!
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot
I, for one, welcome our new vtorrent overlords.
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
How likely is torrent features after 1.3M block? Wouldn't that require a new client? Am I getting pumped for nothing, is this gonna be another Y2K bug fizzer?

"We're at a time where all top 100 coins are now valued in excess of $1m each whereas 1 year ago the 100th coin was only worth $450k"
legendary

Just want to clarify

https://github.com/vtorrent/vTorrent-Client/blob/711eb781749dfbe00d9a46169a450203a1493671/src/chainparams.cpp

The current wallet / client that we're all using.

It's already set to just switch over to a new way to calculate how interest on staking coins are calculated.

That switch means that before block 1,300,000 the calculations on how interest is awarded to everyone staking is done one way, but after block 1,300,000 it will be done a different way.

So everyone will be hard forked onto a different way of calculating interest on their staking coins.

There are also likely to be some other minor changes too.

But, you can't have two ways of calculating interest on the same network. So this needs a hard fork.

BUT THESE HARD FORK CHANGES DO NOT EQUAL TORRENT FEATURES.

What it does mean is that if a new client comes out with more upgrades, we're likely to be another step closer to what the dev seems to have in mind which is get the clients / wallets updated with everything you'll need when running torrents, and then release the torrent features.

Any updated client / wallets might not need a hard fork, just a new version, but we don't know that for sure.

For example, the current clients have the code for TOR AND I2P, but I don't think they will work. It probably means that these features will become active in the next release.

If you know how to use TOR AND I2P, you'll have that option when connecting your client and downloading /uploading stuff you're interested in. So which do you do first, torrents or TOR / I2P?

I would release torrents after laying the foundations.
legendary
<500 blocks left.

Let's see if the devs want to be rich?

You no like money?

Time to produce!

Screenshots or better still a video is all that's needed if there is still stuff being worked on.
legendary
Activity: 1288
<500 blocks left.

Let's see if the devs want to be rich?

You no like money?

Time to produce!
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
legendary
The slack channel has discovered anyone can upload an Emjoi without needing admin permissions.

https://vtr-talk.slack.com/shared_invite/MTU1ODQ2MTA1MzgyLTE0ODk2NDI4NjUtNGQwOGZkMmFjOQ

This could spell the end for BCT as a forum.

lol
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Is the upcoming "hard fork" a real hard fork, or is it just called that?
Will I need to do anything with my client to keep my coins secure?
What is the standard procedure with this? Sorry, I'm new.
Activity: 7
March 22 22:12:30
Activity: 53
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
22 March @ 8.25am

Asking again if anyone has a stuck chain or knows how to fix one?

No, chain is fine for me and I have 16 nodes currently connected with all of them having an up to date blockchain.

I believe you can use 'rewindchain' in the console to make the blockchain go back to an earlier date. But I've never personally had success with it. You could also try deleting the entire chain and starting from fresh (make SURE to backup your wallet).

If you forcefully quit the client it could lead to corruption of the chain (At least that has been my experience with vTorrent as well as several other projects)
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
22 March @ 8.25am

More nodes help speed up syncing issues http://vtr.thechains.com/network

find vtr roaming folder by searching %appdata% on your windows PC (not sure how on MAC) and make a conf file with a list of nodes to help the network
Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
22 March @ 8.25am

March 23 01:30:45
Pages:
Jump to: