Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 58. (Read 436156 times)

Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot
Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent

We bow before your almighty wallet building skills!  Kiss
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 604
Merit: 500
love this project! Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 272

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/848731692638453761

It looks like vTorrent and MU2 will have reasonably similar products.

This might mean - we will not only beat MU2 to market but we'll be entering a new age of paid for file sharing at the right time. Kim.com will be educating the market and we're going to be right there when he does.

People can't invest in MU2, but anyone can get into vTorrent  Cool
legendary
@dev

When the Bittorrent network is live, it will be worth investigating adding masternodes using the PIVX implementation.

Why?

The Riot network will at some point, when the network grows, require additional resources. Masternodes could be used to host the growth of the Riot network.

Don't try to do it first, though. The project needs Bittorrent live first.
Activity: 152
2FA is good feature, but don't go overboard with that, guys. As far as I understand, in most cases having encrypted and locked wallet would be just enough to protect the coins from hackers, isn't it?

@Cryptoadvice_82: did you have those other wallets protected with passwords and locked? Did hackers knew your password?

You would think that encrypted wallets would be enough - but there are practical limitations with just that imo.

1.) passwords should be strong and thus hard to remember
2.) passwords should be unique and with multiple wallets again hard to remember
3.) usually end up storing in a central location for practicality, which is no good if your computer is compromised
4.) 2FA solves these limitations imo
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1073
2FA is good feature, but don't go overboard with that, guys. As far as I understand, in most cases having encrypted and locked wallet would be just enough to protect the coins from hackers, isn't it?

@Cryptoadvice_82: did you have those other wallets protected with passwords and locked? Did hackers knew your password?
Activity: 152
Was hacked last night Cry
lost some altcoin but it was only small amount!
My Bitcoin are safe thanks to my Trezor...and my vtorrent are still here...thanks to 2FA I guess  Cheesy

How did you get hacked?

It will be good to know how he got hacked, if he knows.

But most important is that the hackers could steal shitcoins, but not VTR coins.

I love this project. I really do.

Just think of the development discussions about releasing a torrent project where you can download a virus or malware:

Dev 1 "We need to have a way for users to not lose their coins"

Dev 2 "Yeah, lets build 2FA into the wallet"

Dev 3 "Jesus, that's going to be fucking hard. It'll probably slow us down for a while"

Dev 4 "We've got to build it. It doesn't make a difference how long it takes. Without it, we can't progress."

Dev 2 "I've been working on a solution. I think we can make this work."

vTorrent devs "2FA released."

Drop the mic.

Agreed, this is the only wallet I feel safe holding coins. I love this project. 2FA alone we should be top 10!!!!!
Activity: 784
Merit: 272
My Bitcoin are safe thanks to my Trezor...and my vtorrent are still here...thanks to 2FA I guess  Cheesy

How did you get hacked?

It will be good to know how he got hacked, if he knows.

But most important is that the hackers could steal shitcoins, but not VTR coins.

I love this project. I really do.

Just think of the development discussions about releasing a torrent project where you can download a virus or malware:

Dev 1 "We need to have a way for users to not lose their coins"

Dev 2 "Yeah, lets build 2FA into the wallet"

Dev 3 "Jesus, that's going to be fucking hard. It'll probably slow us down for a while"

Dev 4 "We've got to build it. It doesn't make a difference how long it takes. Without it, we can't progress."

Dev 2 "I've been working on a solution. I think we can make this work."

vTorrent devs "2FA released."

Drop the mic.

Activity: 522
coinmarketcap now shows vTorrent as having a cap of $1,155,502 USD

This makes it the 128th most valuable cryptocurrency!
Activity: 185
My Bitcoin are safe thanks to my Trezor...and my vtorrent are still here...thanks to 2FA I guess  Cheesy

How did you get hacked?
legendary

This is why I think vTorrent should be at $5m right now.

Even if your computer is hacked, they can take pretty much what they want, but your VTR is safe thanks to the 2FA on the wallet!

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
My Bitcoin are safe thanks to my Trezor...and my vtorrent are still here...thanks to 2FA I guess  Cheesy
Looks like our community is growing...I have 34 connections now!

Remember than we are still at the early days...!

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!

Activity: 522
Wallet 0.8.2.1 is online!

New ATH 0.00009240 now, 1 VTR = 0.094 USD....much space to grow with torrent and riot next weeks!!   Cheesy

And where it can be downloaded  Huh

That just means it is online (as viewable via the current client) and doesn't mean it has been released publicly.
Activity: 857

New ATH 0.00009240 now, 1 VTR = 0.094 USD....much space to grow with torrent and riot next weeks!!   Cheesy

And where it can be downloaded  Huh

Activity: 327
Dev died and left you all to fend for yourselves eh.
That sucks!

Sorry for your losses.

wow what a troll lol this project is just getting started.....sucks for you!
Pages:
Jump to: