Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 57. (Read 436156 times)

Activity: 522
Merit: 500
yo dev,
looks like things are slowly coming together. thanks for all your hard work on the project.

if you need any help with resources/support/documentation or anything at all please feel free to make a post

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
I explained how I think it will work several pages back.

You set your own price for bandwidth.

$Zero to $1m

There was a discussion about it at the end of last year when the devs gave everyone an opportunity to have their say.

My main request was to trickle back payments to the original seeder to avoid a race to zero situation.

You also get the benefit of royalty payments going back to content creators, which encourages them to create more.

You see this on eBay where people find open source software, spend time marketing it and pretty quickly they end up selling stuff to other sellers and then everyone competes with each other on price. The originator of the whole thing gets priced out and they hardly ever recover their sweat capital.

So trickle down payments - The seeder of a file does it once and then as others help with seeding a swarm and they get a cut; but the originator is basically getting a cut from everyone, even a diminishing rate when multiplied up becomes a lot.

That all makes sense to me. That is similar to how curator payments work in Steem. The first person to upvote something gets the lionshare of the curator payment for any certain post. This provides incentive for people to spend time curating, and being the first to upvote valuable content. I guess in vTorrent it would provide incentive for people to seed a torrent that might have otherwise eventually gone unseeded.

I like your idea of making sure content creators get a cut too. In the legacy BitTorrent ecosystem, they do a lot of work for little to no pay, so it would be good to reward them.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Can someone link me to how the economics are planned to work (as far as the incentives to reward uploaders and seeders)?

I am worried that it may be similar to STEEM's economic model, which is proving to be unsustainable.

Also, the 5% PoS inflation must be considered by those that are invested in too many coins and do not want to go through the trouble of staking (read: me).

If there is anyway to make this economic model deflationary, then I highly suggest it. It is a no-brainer to invest in a deflationary cryptocurrency that has utility.

vTorrent is an interesting/exciting concept nonetheless.

I'm going to guess that a small percentage (1-3%) will be lost to transaction errors and abandon wallets leading to an actual lower inflation rate. I feel the maximum total supply of 20MM coins has a greater bearing on the price than does annual inflation rate. Also, if this project actually works, there is already an established network of users who would benefit greatly from the unique features offered by vtorrent. This should create utility and massive demand for VTR. I would expect participation rate to grow much higher than 5%/year. As a final note, making it a deflationary token might stifle its usage, as it is meant to incentivize sharing within the network rather than be a store of value like bitcoin.

Yes, coins like Steem are vulnerable to hyperinflation (+100%) without massive uptake. I'm not convinced it wasn't a scam right from the beginning.

Steem has only ~10% annual inflation (from memory) if your STEEM are powered up, which most are powered up.

3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.

I explained how I think it will work several pages back.

You set your own price for bandwidth.

$Zero to $1m

There was a discussion about it at the end of last year when the devs gave everyone an opportunity to have their say.

My main request was to trickle back payments to the original seeder to avoid a race to zero situation.

You also get the benefit of royalty payments going back to content creators, which encourages them to create more.

You see this on eBay where people find open source software, spend time marketing it and pretty quickly they end up selling stuff to other sellers and then everyone competes with each other on price. The originator of the whole thing gets priced out and they hardly ever recover their sweat capital.

So trickle down payments - The seeder of a file does it once and then as others help with seeding a swarm and they get a cut; but the originator is basically getting a cut from everyone, even a diminishing rate when multiplied up becomes a lot.
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust
Can someone link me to how the economics are planned to work (as far as the incentives to reward uploaders and seeders)?

I am worried that it may be similar to STEEM's economic model, which is proving to be unsustainable.

Also, the 5% PoS inflation must be considered by those that are invested in too many coins and do not want to go through the trouble of staking (read: me).

If there is anyway to make this economic model deflationary, then I highly suggest it. It is a no-brainer to invest in a deflationary cryptocurrency that has utility.

I'm going to guess that a small percentage (1-3%) will be lost to transaction errors and abandon wallets leading to an actual lower inflation rate. I feel the maximum total supply of 20MM coins has a greater bearing on the price than does annual inflation rate. Also, if this project actually works, there is already an established network of users who would benefit greatly from the unique features offered by vtorrent. This should create utility and massive demand for VTR. I would expect participation rate to grow much higher than 5%/year. As a final note, making it a deflationary token might stifle its usage, as it is meant to incentivize sharing within the network rather than be a store of value like bitcoin.

Yes, coins like Steem are vulnerable to hyperinflation (+100%) without massive uptake. I'm not convinced it wasn't a scam right from the beginning.

Steem has only ~10% annual inflation (from memory) if your STEEM are powered up, which most are powered up.

3% PoS inflation combined with 1% to 3% uploader/seeder inflation incentive may be too much. It seems I will have to stake this coin if I get involved to lower that to 1% to 3%.

But, your answer is just a guess... it is really weird to me that no one seems to know how the uploader/seeder incentives will work. To be honest, it is  quite worrisome to me as a potential investor.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
http://vtorrent.info/

...guess what I found?  Shocked

There is more down the page.
legendary

Regards,

vTorrent

@Dev

I just noticed that your post from a while back, Bittorrent is shown working in your screengrab in the background:

Why not just show the rest or a video?

And

That bittorrent-delegate.cpp  is a qt to crypto qt rename Wink
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Activity: 242
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1151
dumb question (found the thread by accident Smiley )
Is it compatible with "simple" torrents, ege used for general torrent downloads?
legendary
Crypto since 2014
Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.
Did you PM me? I haven't received a message from you regarding vTorrent since January 21st. Smiley

...Oh I just checked the slack channel.

I have made this video already: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=miGYVskqjyk
Is this what you meant by Key Management?

I have school holidays right now so I can make videos all day. So I am able to make a video for the "new" wallet, or whatever the developer is referring to.

Actually not that type of back-up. Backup and restore using the seed words, the hierarchical deterministic or HD process.

We can raise this issue again when the new client with BitTorrent or whatever were going to see is released.
Oh I see.
Alright we'll wait and see what the new client UI looks like and work from there.

I hope the new wallet comes out within the next two weeks because after then, school will be back on for me.
legendary
Looking to create a bounty for Key Management (HD Wallet back-up) video. Anyone interested? I have already asked @e1ghtspace and waiting for his reply.
Did you PM me? I haven't received a message from you regarding vTorrent since January 21st. Smiley

I have school holidays right now so I can make videos all day. So I am able to make a video for the "new" wallet, or whatever the developer is referring to.

Actually not that type of back-up. Backup and restore using the seed words, the hierarchical deterministic or HD process.

We can raise this issue again when the new client with BitTorrent or whatever were going to see is released.
legendary
Crypto since 2014

Activity: 628
Merit: 251
Looks like our community is growing...I have 34 connections now!

Remember than we are still at the early days...!

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!

can you help me to create a conf file?

what I have to write in conf file to get more nodes?

Or see this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--GYd-QFuw

thank you. it is very useful for me
legendary
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

@vtorrent : After days of usage I'm very happy with our wallet after last fork, much more fast now even if I hav more than 55k transaction in my wallet!

Or see this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f--GYd-QFuw
Activity: 784
Merit: 272

I haven't been on it yet, but I bet there are a bunch of people in Slack that can help

https://vtr11.herokuapp.com

Dev why not add the Slack link into the OP?
Activity: 628
Merit: 251

legendary

Dear coins101,

You might want to wait a little for the new wallet for that.

It is somewhat different from client version 0.8.1.

Regards,
vTorrent

I was just about to pay someone to re-do the video on setting up the vtorrent.conf (I think e1ghtspace is doing exams)

Should we wait and put a bounty together to re-do all the videos?
legendary
Activity: 1288

Dear coins101,

Regards,
vTorrent

I like the sound of somewhat different, waiting....
Activity: 242
Merit: 250

Dear coins101,

Regards,
vTorrent

He lives!
Pages:
Jump to: