Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 83. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
----E
----E
----E

But we've gone to the trouble of designing the pitch forks now. It'll be hard to stop the crowd from rioting.

----E
----E
----E

bump....

----E
----E
----E
Activity: 329
Merit: 250
any news?

hm .. Magura asked about news..I can smell ..money something  Grin

lol no I just have a faith in this project.. and yes I'm in.. but waiting for the next uptade.. Smiley

Hi Magaura, glad to see you here!
Next update should come at block 1300000 with next planned fork but I've seen the new wallet in network several times last weeks, waiting for it recently dev says that is going to add RIOT (anonymous chat similar to slack) in vtorrent wallet
Activity: 242
March 3rd @ 1159am

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1029
any news?

lol no I just have a faith in this project.. and yes I'm in.. but waiting for the next uptade.. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1456
Also worth noting is that Kim is planning on releasing Megaupload 2 / Bitcache in Q4 2017.

So there is no real viable project with anything to offer right now.

I think JoyStream is getting closer to launching. That project is the most similar to VTR.

The only issue for JoyStream is BTC fees and BTC chain bloat. For its existing investors and the founders, JoyStream is interesting, but no one else can participate until it gets to the point of an IPO, which could be 3-10 years away, at best.

With VTR, you get JoyStream functionality, plus a lot more in terms of privacy, and you get to participate as an investor by just going to Bittrex.  
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Also worth noting is that Kim is planning on releasing Megaupload 2 / Bitcache in Q4 2017.

So there is no real viable project with anything to offer right now.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100

Agreed 100%
It seems that many projects that have as much innovation take an extreme amount of times; as I've said previously on this thread when it comes to BitTorrent and Bitcoin many have promised and few have delivered.

If it were really that easy I'm sure someone would've released it over the past 7 years of real, workable cryptocurrency.
Instead we have a bunch of competing projects and nothing solid yet--its kinda similar to how everyone expected cryptocurrency to exist but no one over quite a period of time managed to make it actually work until Satoshi stepped in.

Well said. And this is very much a convolution of technologies in order to solve problems nagging torrent-based clients/platforms, chiefly centralized trackers, takedowns and censorship, virii and malware, IP tracking with dubious lawsuits, lack of content and seeders, etc. Users will be rewarded for uploading and seeding, incentivising reliable, high-quality, available content, all on one secure, decentralized, anonymous platform. I'd like to see a reputation system of sorts added, where trustworthy seeders are recognized accordingly. Hopefully a market of original content will blossom, proving once and for all that artists can make a living without draconian DRM or corporate backing, where fair compensation for one's digital works is possible. I hope to see further add-ons like built-in media playback and live streaming, in-wallet currency exchange, cloud storage, VPN services, and full mobile compatibility. All in good time, as they say.
Activity: 242
Bought another 3k vtr ... i won't miss $100 if it crashes, but I'll be doing backflips if vtorrent comes through.
As you guy are probably aware from my last few posts, my patience is wearing thin, I would like to add that if we don't go live after all this time, I am done with this project.

Edit: at the very least show something torrent related.

I guess we'll find out in one month.

I'm not sure what you expect from this project/dev or why you've hung around this long. This is something that hasn't been done before. I'm no coder but I expect the first release to be late and limited in functionality, if it works at all. It may also be buggy and unusable, necessitating further delays and rewrites. Software development is a long, arduous process, and the dev seems more focussed of coding than appeasing impatient investors.

Again, this project is what it is. Progress is slow, methodical, and somewhat shrouded in mystery. But it is progressing, the fundamentals clear. The goal of a torrent platform that incentivizes seeding is appealing and potentially very useful. The decentralized nature can prevent takedowns and censoring. Ease of use will be especially attractive to the less technically minded. I can imagine indie content creators moving from closed, restrictive platforms like Youtube. I see it growing as a portal to unrestricted, high quality, and rare content for those willing to pay a fair price, likely many, many ordinary people. And I see the value of VTR rising with the increased utility and velocity.

However, this will all take time, perhaps even years. But if you've got the foresight to buy while it's cheap, and the patience to trade/hold through this frustrating development process, you may eventually be rewarded handsomely. I know that's why I'm here. Otherwise, wait for the impending hardfork and pump, sell out, and move to another project with better PR.

Agreed 100%
It seems that many projects that have as much innovation take an extreme amount of times; as I've said previously on this thread when it comes to BitTorrent and Bitcoin many have promised and few have delivered.

If it were really that easy I'm sure someone would've released it over the past 7 years of real, workable cryptocurrency.
Instead we have a bunch of competing projects and nothing solid yet--its kinda similar to how everyone expected cryptocurrency to exist but no one over quite a period of time managed to make it actually work until Satoshi stepped in.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
As you guy are probably aware from my last few posts, my patience is wearing thin, I would like to add that if we don't go live after all this time, I am done with this project.

I'm not sure what you expect from this project/dev or why you've hung around this long. This is something that hasn't been done before. I'm no coder but I expect the first release to be late and limited in functionality, if it works at all. It may also be buggy and unusable, necessitating further delays and rewrites. Software development is a long, arduous process, and the dev seems more focussed of coding than appeasing impatient investors.

Again, this project is what it is. Progress is slow, methodical, and somewhat shrouded in mystery. But it is progressing, the fundamentals clear. The goal of a torrent platform that incentivizes seeding is appealing and potentially very useful. The decentralized nature can prevent takedowns and censoring. Ease of use will be especially attractive to the less technically minded. I can imagine indie content creators moving from closed, restrictive platforms like Youtube. I see it growing as a portal to unrestricted, high quality, and rare content for those willing to pay a fair price, likely many, many ordinary people. And I see the value of VTR rising with the increased utility and velocity.

However, this will all take time, perhaps even years. But if you've got the foresight to buy while it's cheap, and the patience to trade/hold through this frustrating development process, you may eventually be rewarded handsomely. I know that's why I'm here. Otherwise, wait for the impending hardfork and pump, sell out, and move to another project with better PR.
From cypherpunks mailing list:
Several Pirate Bay users from ISPs all over the world have been
unable to access their favorite torrent site for more than a week.
Their requests are being stopped in the Internet backbone network
of Cogent Communications, which has blackholed the CloudFlare
IP-address of The Pirate Bay and many other torrent and streaming
sites.
When the average Internet user types in a domain name, a request
is sent through a series of networks before it finally reaches the
server of the website. This also applies to The Pirate Bay and other
pirate sites such as Primewire, Movie4k, TorrentProject and
TorrentButler. However, for more than a week now the US-based
backbone provider Cogent has stopped passing on traffic to these
sites. The sites in question all use CloudFlare, which assigned
them the public IP-addresses 104.31.18.30 and 104.31.19.30. While
this can be reached just fine by most people, users attempting to
pass requests through Cogent's network are unable to access them.

https://torrentfreak.com/internet-backbone-provider-cogent-blocks-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites-170209/
https://yro.slashdot.org/story/17/02/10/1443231/internet-backbone-provider-cogent-blocks-pirate-bay-and-other-pirate-sites
https://www.reddit.com/r/torrents/comments/5t6vdu/
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/5t388q/
https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5t9t0c/
https://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comments/5t356a/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/5t215k/
https://www.reddit.com/r/evolutionReddit/comments/5t1yi8/
https://www.reddit.com/r/UnderReportedNews/comments/5t6z1e/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=13612235
http://archiveteam.org/index.php?title=The_Pirate_Bay
Activity: 220
Merit: 110
Wallet 0 has sold 400K, probably pissed off waiting for dev.

I don't think they sold - hasn't been any large sells in the last few days. More likely he has withdrawn 400k from Bittrex.

I've been watching wallet 0 and I can confirm he has withdrawn (not sold) 400K coins.

It would be silly to sell IMO, unless you need the money which means you were overinvested anyway.

PR twitter account was very active last month when the price rose in anticipation of MegaUpload 2.0. 
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
any news?

legendary
Activity: 1029
legendary
Activity: 1288

legendary

I think u right. He must be pissed off on dev.
No communications. We frankly dont know if
He is alive still. That bad thing about anon dev.

Dev just logged in.
legendary

I don't think they sold - hasn't been any large sells in the last few days. More likely he has withdrawn 400k from Bittrex.

There has, click on the one day chart and look at the buys and sells for the last week. lots of volume.

It's been over a month since we were promised a new wallet:

Dear all,

We have been monitoring the network and working with Bittrex to make sure there will be no issues and no coins will be lost during the hardfork.

I am pleased to inform you all that everything went smoothly and we have successfully switched the vTorrent network from Protocol v1 (80014 in 0.7.x) to v2 (80016 in 0.8.x) that took place on block 1,200,000.

As promised, new client with major upgrades is coming soon, it is still being worked on since there are some thread-related bugs causing the client to crash on certain conditions.

Regards,
vTorrent

I don't mind waiting till after the last fork, it makes more sense if we were to go live. Think about it, why release a wallet now if we were going live after the last fork?

Anyway not long to find out. Hopefully my time following this project will finally be rewarded.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10

I think u right. He must be pissed off on dev.
No communications. We frankly dont know if
He is alive still. That bad thing about anon dev.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: