Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com - page 11. (Read 42564 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Updated the OP with a note about mining after block 517,200 and with C-Cex.com information.
More exciting news!  c-cex.com has added us to their exchange overnight!!!  This is great news!  Their exchange offers more exposure, trades in WAS / BTC, USD, or Any Listed Altcoin...  They also have built-in merchant features, allowing WAS to be accepted as payment for goods and services.

Check out their exchanges, and please if you are following on Twitter RT the news!

BTC Market - https://c-cex.com/?p=was-btc
USD Market - https://c-cex.com/?p=was-usd
v1 can still mine??

V1 can be mined for a Block Reward of 0 coins, if you are using the coin swap fork version (8.99.9).  This client doesn't recognize prior versions data after block 517200.  Mining on this chain helps to keep the coin exchange running, but is not necessary.  It will eventually be end-of-lifed and abandoned when the coin swap is completed.

If the client was never upgraded (v 0.8.99.8 or earlier), you can continue to mine on the old WAS v1 chain.  However, any coins after block 517,200 won't be recognized by v2 or the coin swap.  So, you'd be basically mining a dead coin with no development plans or support.

I don't understand the attachment people have to v1...  Things are going well, and if they coin swap, they hold the same value as before...  They even get interest through PoS staking to further increase their holdings.  v2 is designed to fix flaws in the coin that were hurting it's value; PoS added to provide an incentive to not mine and dump, X11 algo allows for essentially anyone to mine, and the coin reduction ensures the coin is traded for BTC instead of another Altcoin.
Activity: 296
Merit: 250
Activity: 646
Merit: 500
Update on Paper Wallet -

I've had some challenges getting a paper wallet generator up and running.  I can generate addresses which the client recognizes, but the associated private keys fail when trying to import to the client.  I think it is because the script I am using is written for base64 encoding, and our coin is in base58...

In either case, I've done some research online and have found what looks like a cool service.  WalletGenerator.net is a service that has launched with the goal of including as many alt coins as possible.  I've reached out to them for inclusion on their site.  More to come as it develops...

Check out the site - http://walletgenerator.net/
We're also up to 15,902,256,477 WAS v1 exchanged now. ~48.3% complete.

Just tweeted this stat, as well!  Almost at 50%!!!
Activity: 290
CoinPayments
We're also up to 15,902,256,477 WAS v1 exchanged now. ~48.3% complete.
Love the nice icon MrData- First staking is even better Grin

Just tweeted about our first reported staking!  RT if you can!
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Love the nice icon MrData- First staking is even better Grin

legendary
legendary
Does the community agree with this?  Should anything be taken off the list, or added?  To finish phase 1, will probably require bounties...  I'm not sure about those operating systems...  But phase 2 and 3 seem pretty straightforward, and manageable.  The biggest hurdle will be getting the community support to get noticed by the services being mentioned.  Mainstream exchanges and payment services are overwhelmed with new Altcoins, and we'll have to be able to vote our way on to many of these.

Brian - Can you please confirm with the winner of the Coin Redesign contest that we are okay to use his image on WAS merchandise?  Shirts, coffee mugs, etc...  I'm not sure what we will do, but I want to make sure we have his blessing before moving forward.

I sent him a PM asking for a confirmation, but it was also stated in the ANN of the logo contest.

Here are the requirements and it can be changed at anytime.

1. The coin will be used for charity, facilitate trade, in stores and to buy gold / silver, etc.
2. Gold, Silver, Bronx, White or Black - Anything you want and be creative and support the message of the coin (WeAreSatoshi)
3. The Revival Team receives the original artwork (PSD or in the original format of your program)
4. The Revival Team has the rights to use and modify it any way they see fit
Activity: 290
CoinPayments
The main problem with V1 was how it was dumping thousands of coins per block into the economy which held it at 1 Satoshi on the exchanges. (With over 32 billion coins minted even a 1 Satoshi difference was 320+ BTC in market value). That is why the v1 to v2 trade-in is at at a 1000:1 ratio.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
we should start at least 1000 satoshi then..
legendary
the network hash grew up a little..actually 100%... someone noticed us...

the block reward was 25coins on V1? cause if we hit the price on ccex of 1 satoshi, its not even worth the electricity...

WAS v1 reward was 100k/50k/25k but for WAS v2 it's 25/12.5 halving every 200k block. See this calculation from ACN: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7811119
Pools Of Honor
the network hash grew up a little..actually 100%... someone noticed us...

the block reward was 25coins on V1? cause if we hit the price on ccex of 1 satoshi, its not even worth the electricity...
any Promotion plan?

Right now, we're focused on the coin swap and v2 launch.  What sort of promotions do you guys think are the most effective?  What would you like to see our community do?

Not trying to repeat myself  Wink, but this is a C/P from WAS v1 OP with additional ideas

We need multiple phases:

Phase I:
1. New Win/Mac/Linux wallets with HB patch.
2. Logo revamp/tweak. The current logo is nice, just needs a bit tweaking to make it more fancy
2. Android and IOS wallets (now with Apple's blessing)
3. Additional Block explorer, Rich list
4. Dedicated Faucet

Phase II:
1a. BTCTalk Signature / Twitter Giveaways (actual products instead of WAS - Amazon gift card/ Apple TV or electronic gadgets.)
1b. Some sort of outreach or charity initiatives
2. Online wallet generator, additional game sites
3. Get listed on decent exchanges, WAS is not on any mainstream exchanges (Got delisted from Europex a couple days ago, Cryptoaltex and CryptoRush are dead)

Phase III:
1. Coinpayment and the likes
2. Coinkite and other dedicated merchant services
3. Online shops that accept WAS

Does the community agree with this?  Should anything be taken off the list, or added?  To finish phase 1, will probably require bounties...  I'm not sure about those operating systems...  But phase 2 and 3 seem pretty straightforward, and manageable.  The biggest hurdle will be getting the community support to get noticed by the services being mentioned.  Mainstream exchanges and payment services are overwhelmed with new Altcoins, and we'll have to be able to vote our way on to many of these.

Brian - Can you please confirm with the winner of the Coin Redesign contest that we are okay to use his image on WAS merchandise?  Shirts, coffee mugs, etc...  I'm not sure what we will do, but I want to make sure we have his blessing before moving forward.
legendary
what was the price of the V1?

It was at 1 sat on some exchanges, but buy volume was never there.

Edit: Honestly being on both DonkeyKoin (never out of alpha) and CryptoRush didn't help.
legendary
so how does this coin swap work? I have some WAS in the original wallet...!  tia

Follow instructions here:
http://was.club/coinswap.html
Pools Of Honor
what was the price of the V1?
Pages:
Jump to: