Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com - page 29. (Read 42577 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
So, ladies and gentleman, what is the consensus?  How do we move forward from here???  It seems no one is jumping up and down to make a donation in BTC to try to kick start things...  I'd prefer to take immediate action instead of waiting for things to die out on their own...

I propose relaunching (on the same algo?) and doing a coin swap.  The coin swap should be 1/100 of the amount of what is in circulation today...  ie - 100,000,000 v1 WAS would trade for 1,000,000 v2 WAS.  This would take the 38,000,000,000 WAS in circulation down to 380 million WAS.  I also propose that we keep a block reward for network security, but make it 10 WAS.

My thoughts come from the fact that the network seems to be working fine, we're just completely saturated in WAS.  This would lower the amount in circulation while keeping the distribution of wealth the same.  I'd also, personally, like to take the opportunity to do a 2% pre-mine for ongoing development and enhancements.  Myself, and MrData, won't have to perform tasks at our own cost or bother people for donations.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Feedback?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
CoinPayments
I think you need to imply some thing to new wallet ?
Anon...That cause the Hype.
Or go POS.
OR some thing new features.

We'd have to get MrData's opinion on what he thinks is possible in terms of new algo / PoS.  I'm not 100% sure either scenario will help with the fact that the market is saturated with little to no demand.  There is a reason sand is not valuable; because there are trillions of sand grains.

Enabling PoS would probably require doing a coin swap to a new blockchain, it can be done if people really want it though.
Or go POS.

We'd have to get MrData's opinion on what he thinks is possible in terms of new algo / PoS.  I'm not 100% sure either scenario will help with the fact that the market is saturated with little to no demand.  There is a reason sand is not valuable; because there are trillions of sand grains.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Or go POS.
Will be good right If you some want to buy WAS for betting ?

The problem is as soon as someone wins they will want to cash our their WAS and the market will drop.  It's a good idea, but until WAS has a value, you'll have to introduce something else of value.
legendary
Will be good right If you some want to buy WAS for betting ?
Betting site ?
World Cup ?
Still good for couple weeks then we move on to other bet sport ?

The problem is you'll be paying out winnings in WAS.  Unless you enter your bet in WAS for a chance to win BTC or something else of value.  This won't be a problem forever, but to "kick start" the coin we need to enter a catalyst in to the equation.
legendary
Brazil             -            Chile
 1   (0.81)   -            [0.8]
(Brazil over 1 ( 100 win 181 ) , Chile under 1 ( 100 win 180 )

Colombia        -             Uruguay
 0.5   (0.9)     -           [0.8]
(Colombia over 0.5 ( 100 win 190 ) , Uruguay under 0.5 ( 100 win 180 )

Any one Smiley
legendary
Betting site ?
World Cup ?
Still good for couple weeks then we move on to other bet sport ?
I hate to say it, but we are at a hard stop if we can't get demand increased.  I'm open to other ideas...  I'm also open to other people coordinating things like WAS raffles or stores...  I don't have to be the one holding the donation wallet or pushing this forward.

If we don't generate sales soon the coin will get delisted from the exchange.
I think listing an item for a raffle would be great. Maybe 5k was per entry. This will make people want to buy up WAS which will raise price. This increases awareness also. I am not sure we should expect someone to destroy or hold these coins. Those coins will need to be sold to fund new giveaways. As long as interest grows it can handle coins being resold.

The way I see it, there are two problems at present.  Both of which could be critical if not dealt with swiftly...  First, there is simply no demand for WAS.  People need a reason to want to buy it, and at present, the market is clearly showing that is not the case.  Second, there is a HUGE amount of WAS in circulation, especially considering the weak (really, non existent) demand.

I think the raffle will solve for the demand piece.  If we place something up for auction that is of enough value to make people want to buy WAS for a chance to win, that will create a good surge in demand...  However, reselling the WAS will undo the positive effect on the market.

I really see only one path here, and I'm going to need the community's help to save the coin at this point.  We need to pool our BTC and buy something of value (ASIC, Gift Card, Gold / Silver, etc) and sell tickets for WAS.  The WAS should be put in a cold wallet until market value / volume picks up substantially, or simply burned in a wallet with no private key.

For this to work, we will need donations from the community in BTC.  Some of you big bag-holders should dig deep and look at it as an investment (with risk, of course) and an ROI.  If you are holding 100 million WAS at 10 satoshi, you've made 10x more than 1 satoshi, and infinitely more than holding 100 million WAS with no value.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I think listing an item for a raffle would be great. Maybe 5k was per entry. This will make people want to buy up WAS which will raise price. This increases awareness also. I am not sure we should expect someone to destroy or hold these coins. Those coins will need to be sold to fund new giveaways. As long as interest grows it can handle coins being resold.
Raffle, BTC donation, I'm in. How about a Twitter follower or Bitcointalk signature giveaways? No No LTC market  Sad

I don't think a giveaway is going to work.  Based on current demand, there is too much WAS in circulation.  What we should probably do is collect BTC donations for an ASIC, then collect and destroy WAS (or hold it indefinitely) for raffle tickets.

BTC Address - 1EAfjkHp8EprXz82FnthjiadFLvXL7z1Ls

Donations to this address will go towards increasing demand for WAS.  First initiative, to purchase a desirable SHA256D ASIC, that will be raffled off.  The WAS will either  be destroyed or absorbed in to the community fund and held indefinitely.  The second initiative, would be to stimulate trade by buying under-valued WAS and either destroying it or placing it in the community fund.
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Raffle, BTC donation, I'm in. How about a Twitter follower or Bitcointalk signature giveaways? No No LTC market  Sad
Please remove your sale at 1-4 sat. This coin was at 14 sat at one point. If you're dumping at 1 it's going to be hard to return to the previous price.

Someone with deep pockets should just swoop in and buy those up, especially if there is high level of confidence the dumping miners have us under valued.  I also love the raffle for an ASIC, or something, idea...

If I open a BTC donation address, would people donate to a WAS fund to go towards an ASIC?

I will say that if we're not careful, we're going to be listed in a WAS / LTC category...
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Please remove your sale at 1-4 sat. This coin was at 14 sat at one point. If you're dumping at 1 it's going to be hard to return to the previous price.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
All of the exchange information is now added to the OP!  Great job everyone!  Exciting times.   Grin

The exchange is looking sort of one-sided...  Any ideas to raise demand for the coin?

Need some kind of huge promotion. Not sure if paid ads would work or some kind of give away. Like we will give a miner away but you have to buy entries for 100 WAS per entry. Something like that maybe would work. Make it an item people would want then those coins could help pay for the item. Do a weekly drawing like cryptsy does with their points. First item or 2 might be a loss but after that if they are good items people would buy to have a chance to win. And it would drive up price.
All of the exchange information is now added to the OP!  Great job everyone!  Exciting times.   Grin

The exchange is looking sort of one-sided...  Any ideas to raise demand for the coin?
Great News!  In the wee hours of the morning (at least in US), WeAreSatoshi was listed on https://rockytrade.net/index.php?page=trade&market=136!  This is great news for us! 

For the time being, what I would like to do is focus on RockyTrade.net as our sole exchange while we build volume.  There is no reason to pursue multiple exchanges until there is a significant amount of trade.
Pages:
Jump to: