Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com - page 27. (Read 42574 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
so what happens to the WAS that I already have? Does it become unusable? Is there going to be something in place to allow me to trade my current WAS for new WAS of equal value? Because if not that is just wrong.

Your v1 WAS will be traded in via a coin swap for 1 / 1000 v2 WAS.  This will decrease the total WAS in circulation by 1 / 1000, therefore rising the price of a single coin by about 1000 times.  Which will hopefully place us back in the WAS / BTC market.

You will hold the same "piece of the pie" that you previously did, because every member of the user base will be getting 1 / 1000.  This won't affect individual traders, it is to strengthen the infrastructure and attractiveness of the coin.
Why did you rewrite the code? I am a big holder of the REAL #WAS and I am not happy you have taken over MrBrew's coin and made all old coins worthless.  Its clearly all part of a scheme to make a buck off people who believe in your fake WAS takeover.

This could not be further from the truth.  You have clearly not read the entire thread, or been involved in this community for some time.  You should refrain from spouting off such accusations without taking the time to fully understand the scenario.

1.  40 billion coins have saturated the marketplace, making the original coin practically "un-sellable" on a WAS / BTC market.

2.  The coin swap will maintain the same distribution of wealth that is currently in place.  The only change is that your v2 WAS will be worth 1000 times more than your v1 WAS.  Probably worth more, because of the PoS encouraging traders to hold their coins instead of dumping.

3.  The community reached out to our group...  We contacted MrBrew, and he supports these changes, turned the coin over to us in an orderly fashion, and is still involved on a more limited basis.  This is not a "take over" in the way that you imply.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Why did you rewrite the code? I am a big holder of the REAL #WAS and I am not happy you have taken over MrBrew's coin and made all old coins worthless.  Its clearly all part of a scheme to make a buck off people who believe in your fake WAS takeover.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Great news maybe we can bring this coin back.
Alright, I've locked the poll.  Here is where we stand.

- 40 Million v2 WAS for a 1 / 1000 v1 coin swap.
- Continue with 30 second block targets.
- Block reward would be reduced by 1 / 1000, for 25 v2 WAS halving every 200k blocks until reaching a 1 v2 WAS maintenance reward.
- A hybrid X11 PoW / PoS algo
- 2% development pre-mine

PoS interest schedule:

1. 5% interest each month for the first 3 months
2. 1% per month for the rest of the year
3. 3% annually

5 days stake. Maximum 30 days.
i need some paper wallts any generators up yet? thanks

I'll work on this once the new client is done.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
We are teaching bizs about Crypto daily. #askastor
i need some paper wallts any generators up yet? thanks
I'm going to end the vote at 8pm EST (midnight GMT).

Nice- I think we already have the general consensus.  Cheesy

Yes, it looks like X11 by 5 to 2.  We'll have to see if anything changes in the next 90 minutes!

For the PoS, unless someone pushes back or has concerns, at midnight GMT we'll also use Brian's suggestion for the PoS interest.  No one else has pushed back or suggested alternatives so far.
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

Nice- I think we already have the general consensus.  Cheesy
What is the difference between crypt and voot? They are both X11 and POS. Sorry I do not know anything about those coins.

They are very similar. Crypt seems to be better managed though.
What is the difference between crypt and voot? They are both X11 and POS. Sorry I do not know anything about those coins.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
wao wao
I dont have GPU for mining.
But any way we need to move on.
I voted for Crypt but hit the Black. Please update.

You were the first vote.  I just reset the counter...  Hit it again please.   Smiley

Hey Everyone -

Please take a moment and vote.  I want to make sure there is a clear winner!

You were the first vote.  I just reset the counter...  Hit it again please.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
I'm posting a vote to ensure everyone has the opportunity to weigh in on which coin we should align ourselves most closely with...

Blackcoin - We would clone this coin and modify from Scrypt to Scrypt Adaptive N

Cryptcoin - We would clone this X11 coin and set the variables to match our specifications.

VOOTcoin - Again, we would clone this X11 coin and set the variables to match our specifications.

I believe the community has come to a consensus on the following.  Please speak up if you disagree, or think a vote is necessary.

- Block reward would be reduced by 1 / 1000, for 25 v2 WAS halving every 200k blocks until reaching a 1 v2 WAS maintenance reward.
- A hybrid PoW / PoS algo

Thoughts on PoS interest???  I know there was some dialogue above, let's get that finalized as well.

I like either x11 option. I will mine it then. POS interest of around 20-30% per year. Or do the suggestion Brian was saying higher POS for first few months and then taper off to a lower number.
I'm posting a vote to ensure everyone has the opportunity to weigh in on which coin we should align ourselves most closely with...

Blackcoin - We would clone this coin and modify from Scrypt to Scrypt Adaptive N

Cryptcoin - We would clone this X11 coin and set the variables to match our specifications.

VOOTcoin - Again, we would clone this X11 coin and set the variables to match our specifications.

I believe the community has come to a consensus on the following.  Please speak up if you disagree, or think a vote is necessary.

- A hybrid PoW / PoS algo

Thoughts on PoS interest???  I know there was some dialogue above, let's get that finalized as well.  Below is what has been proposed so far...

1. 5% interest each month for the first 3 months
2. 1% per month for the rest of the year
3. 3% annually

5 days stake. Maximum 30 days.
Cryptcoin and Vootcoin may be good X11 coins to clone...

Crpytcoin - http://cryptco.org/

Vootcoin - http://VOOTCoin.com/
This may be out of date but I thought Darkcoin was having issues with the actual anonymous part of it?

I'm sure there is a good X11 one we can use as a basis for the new version, or on the Scrypt front BlackCoin would probably be a good candidate and could possibly be changed over to Scrypt-N.

It looks like Blackcoin does exactly what we are thinking!  It would make your coding relatively simple...  May be the best way to go.

Any oppositions to Scrypt-N?  It's stable and easily accessible...
Pages:
Jump to: