Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com - page 24. (Read 42584 times)

legendary
Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001
Here's an interesting calculation to consider.  The current value of a single WAS is 0.00000000007 BTC, less trade fees for converting WAS / DOGE then DOGE / BTC...  Assuming that things remain constant, the 1 / 1000 reduction will place the new value at 7 satoshis.

You could debate how PoS will impact the value of the coin, but I think it would likely increase in value because folks will be holding instead of selling.

So the smart one will jump up and down holding a dollar bill instead of the $1,000.00 check  Huh
legendary
we need a paper wallet generator. how or where to make that happen .

ACN will release it after the new wallet build
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Here's an interesting calculation to consider.  The current value of a single WAS is 0.00000000007 BTC, less trade fees for converting WAS / DOGE then DOGE / BTC...  Assuming that things remain constant, the 1 / 1000 reduction will place the new value at 7 satoshis.

You could debate how PoS will impact the value of the coin, but I think it would likely increase in value because folks will be holding instead of selling.
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
needs to be moved to ltc and doge markets

needs a block explorer

needs reliable pool

needs to be listed on CMC.

legendary
I'm surprise to see a No vote. Here's why you should consider when put down a vote

You're killing the coin if the current team walks away:

1. No active dev- MrBrew gave up and express no desire to continue working on the coin
2. No reliable pool, the current official pool will go away and supernova might walk away with little to no miners.
3. No exchange. RockyTrade will remove WAS from it due to little to no activity. There's no activity in BTC market, same with Europex, they re-added it back to Doge due to recent interest spike of this movement
4. No block explorer, no rich list

Dead WAS
Activity: 91
 2 things need to be done

1. Listed on more exchanges

2. Holders posting in the thread each day.

WAS died off because it was listed on no exchange, and noone was posting in the thread.

I just dont understand why needs to be swapped and algo changed, because without the above 2 points taken care of it will be the same.
Activity: 60
We are teaching bizs about Crypto daily. #askastor
we need a paper wallet generator. how or where to make that happen .
legendary
Looks like Europex has re-enabled WAS but with a Doge pair:

https://www.europex.eu/#!coin/doge/was

We are now on two exchanges. Wink
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
CoinPayments
OK- This thread works fine. I'll put out 0.1 BTC for a logo redesign contest. One single chosen winner takes it all and has to have something to show our message, could be Gold, Silver, Bronx or Black. Be creative and willing to give up intellectual right to our team to use in website/marketing and the likes. Feel free to add/modify the requirements.

We'll probably need multiple sizes too, the main ones are 512x512, 256x256, and 32x32 (for the program icon); or even better the PSD or whatever program they use.
legendary
I'd like to sponsor for a logo redesign contest. Should i just start a new thread in the other board? Any objections? You guys will have to give me some verbiage and vote for the best one.

You can use this thread for it. Unless you want control over the title and OP. If that is the case, I'll link our OP to your thread.

OK- This thread works fine. I'll put out 0.1 BTC for a logo redesign contest. One single chosen winner takes it all and has to have something to show our message, could be Gold, Silver, Bronx or Black. Be creative and willing to give up intellectual right to our team to use in website/marketing and the likes. Feel free to add/modify the requirements.
I'd like to sponsor for a logo redesign contest. Should i just start a new thread in the other board? Any objections? You guys will have to give me some verbiage and vote for the best one.

You can use this thread for it. Unless you want control over the title and OP. If that is the case, I'll link our OP to your thread.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
I can put 10-200gh/s on was as swap until the end.
For a day for 2.
CoinPayments
Definitely agreed on that, trying to keep the old network running indefinitely will be a waste of time; if people haven't swapped in 3-6 months I doubt they ever will.
legendary
Is it possible to make WAS2 with 0 premine, BUT depending on how much you had in you old wallet, permanently give higher POS for new coins?
For example. If someone just starts mining he has 10% per year. If you had 100mil WAS in your old wallet you'll get 20% and so on? SHA256 of cause.
Can this be done?

I don't think that would be possible, at least not in any kind of reasonable and secure manner. Since coins are all just tied to an address and not an overall identity there wouldn't be a good way to control who gets the higher percent and who doesn't so it would probably be exploited.

I would be the one doing the coin swap. I'm the original founder of CoinPayments.net if that builds any trust with you. The coin swap can go on indefinitely or there can be a 3-6 month limit or something. If there is a time limit and depending on how many coins are left they could be:
1) Destroyed
2) Given to the faucet to give away
3) Used for bounties/services
4) Other/some combination of the above

I think we need to limit the swap because there will be no hash on the old network to secure the old coins. The unclaimed coins should be split in half to be destroyed and the other half go toward faucet and bounties.
CoinPayments
Ah hah- I caught you lying. You're also holding the faucet coins  Grin Jokes aside, both MrData and ACN have not any incentives so far and they've been doing an amazing job. In BCT alone, we have 9 pages in 1 week, that's something vs 22 pages in 4 months with most of them go "is this coin dead?"

Yep, I don't own those though Smiley
Just for total transparency though when I say I don't own any I just mean not any kind of significant amount, I have 2 old USB Eruptors going on the pool rofl Smiley
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
i don't get why ppl keep saying you can't buy or sell   lol   i just bought almost 100 mil in the last week    they sold it to me  oh    it's not the price you want to sell at   i get it...    lol    there is volume not much  it's still being mined  so  how is it dead?   because you haven't got rich off of it yet....    see   this is why  i get upset/frustrated..   it's a dead coin  because of lack of dev/services  not because you cant sell it at 0.00000001 btc/was  lol

Two weeks ago you couldn't buy the coin on any exchange. After the coin revival took over they got it listed on an exchange.
legendary

Edit: Also as for financial incentive I don't know about AmericanComputerNerd but I don't own any WAS; so it's not like I'm getting some big payday from this; I'm doing it for the fun and the experience and because people came to our thread and requested it.

The only WAS I'm holding is from pool fees, that will go to cover domain registration and on-going hosting costs when I am able to sell them.  Running a pool isn't free, unfortunately.  I try to break even...

I'm also holding 58 Million WAS from MrBrew, that are supposed to go to a good cause.  The only reason I have these is because someone else was concerned about them being in circulation.  As a community we will need to decide what to do with these at some point.

Ah hah- I caught you lying. You're also holding the faucet coins  Grin Jokes aside, both MrData and ACN have not any incentives so far and they've been doing an amazing job. In BCT alone, we have 9 pages in 1 week, that's something vs 22 pages in 4 months with most of them go "is this coin dead?"

Edit: Also as for financial incentive I don't know about AmericanComputerNerd but I don't own any WAS; so it's not like I'm getting some big payday from this; I'm doing it for the fun and the experience and because people came to our thread and requested it.

The only WAS I'm holding is from pool fees, that will go to cover domain registration and on-going hosting costs when I am able to sell them.  Running a pool isn't free, unfortunately.  I try to break even...

I'm also holding 58 Million WAS from MrBrew, that are supposed to go to a good cause.  The only reason I have these is because someone else was concerned about them being in circulation.  As a community we will need to decide what to do with these at some point.
CoinPayments
Is it possible to make WAS2 with 0 premine, BUT depending on how much you had in you old wallet, permanently give higher POS for new coins?
For example. If someone just starts mining he has 10% per year. If you had 100mil WAS in your old wallet you'll get 20% and so on? SHA256 of cause.
Can this be done?

I don't think that would be possible, at least not in any kind of reasonable and secure manner. Since coins are all just tied to an address and not an overall identity there wouldn't be a good way to control who gets the higher percent and who doesn't so it would probably be exploited.

I would be the one doing the coin swap. I'm the original founder of CoinPayments.net if that builds any trust with you. The coin swap can go on indefinitely or there can be a 3-6 month limit or something. If there is a time limit and depending on how many coins are left they could be:
1) Destroyed
2) Given to the faucet to give away
3) Used for bounties/services
4) Other/some combination of the above
Pages:
Jump to: