Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser - page 44. (Read 43691 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
hey guys, I have the auto refresh plugin for chrome and minimized the chrome window when mining, as it was suggested in another topic. Does anyone else have any other tips ? I have reached 2 days without finding a single block ... the frustration is real Smiley
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Considering that WebDollar is an in-browser mining cryptocurrency and assuming that over time it gains mass adoption, especially from non tech-savy people, how do we make sure that no centralized entity can take control of the protocol?
For example, if core developers introduce a controversial update in the Bitcoin protocol, the Bitcoin community of miners are able to boycott it just by deciding to not update the software.

How does WebDollar work in this case to remain completely free and open ecosystem?

That's a quite interesting theoretical question, especially as webdollar plans to be a coin mineable "for the next 100 years", and of course none of the current devs will be around by then unless the technological singularity makes everyone immortal at some point.
I guess the only technical possibility of the unhappy miners not to accept choices by the devs would be to fork the project, if they are able to of course and it it would make sense.

It is and it will be the same like BTC. To be a decentralized system is our main scope because we started from the idea to create a cryptocurrency like BTC but with all requirements for allowing mass adoption happen.

In fact it was more a theoretical question, rather than a practical one. In real life things have their own evolution anyway, so way to possibly predict everything.
Activity: 232
Considering that WebDollar is an in-browser mining cryptocurrency and assuming that over time it gains mass adoption, especially from non tech-savy people, how do we make sure that no centralized entity can take control of the protocol?
For example, if core developers introduce a controversial update in the Bitcoin protocol, the Bitcoin community of miners are able to boycott it just by deciding to not update the software.

How does WebDollar work in this case to remain completely free and open ecosystem?

That's a quite interesting theoretical question, especially as webdollar plans to be a coin mineable "for the next 100 years", and of course none of the current devs will be around by then unless the technological singularity makes everyone immortal at some point.
I guess the only technical possibility of the unhappy miners not to accept choices by the devs would be to fork the project, if they are able to of course and it it would make sense.

It is and it will be the same like BTC. To be a decentralized system is our main scope because we started from the idea to create a cryptocurrency like BTC but with all requirements for allowing mass adoption happen.

Activity: 308
Merit: 22
have mined some WEBD, will hold till the price up to $1 = 1 WEBD
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
anyone interested in buying webd? PM
Activity: 1

Activity: 44
How to watch block difficulty, miners etc?
How long to wait for exchanges?

personally your opinion ... first, I have a limited Internet connection through a modem, on the Web-based Internet account the expense is very large ..
the second, every 10-15 minutes the slider with the number of cores goes to zero, I need to constantly monitor (located on this tab), the third one, constantly reload the page, I catch the block, I go to look at it in the explorer as a result I'm in the fork, I had enough for 2 hours for such a prey (2 blocks came out and they turned out to be false)
you have big defects on the site, where there is no possibility of stable production, while the number of coins produced is growing rapidly, so I have only one way-is it to buy coins on the exchange? but I am tormented by vague doubts that 90% are in the hands of the developers (because once you can work stably extraction)

They just change "pre-mine" to "9.9% (4.1568 Billion) reserved for WebDollar Genesis."
Genesis ?
It is "pre-mine". That's why you don't make ICO.

Total supply: 42,000,000,000 (42 Billion) WEBD
mining over a 100 year time span

It means that you took 10 years of mining to yourself. You have balance of 10 year of mining!
I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Bitcoin was mined/pre-mined by Satoshi. Many researchers believe that Satoshi mined between 1 million to 1.6 million Bitcoins that makes up to 8.4% in today's bitcoin circulation . According to your judgment, Bitcoin it is a scam too, isn't it? Then why you discuss on this forum?

https://eklitzke.org/how-many-bitcoins-did-satoshi-nakamoto-mine

More than half of the WebDollar Genesis will be given away to the WebDollar community to the most important contributors. We already have people who started partnerships with companies and promoted WebDollar online or built WebDollar blockchain explorers.

The other half of the WebDollar Genesis is vested for the next 4 years to new tech developments like: "anonymity, smart contracts, scalability, etc"

Moreover, WebDollar is a public Blockchain, so you can verify every transaction.

I personally don't think at all that Webdollar is a scam, your explanations to this concern are making sense, and all what the team does or has done in the past speaks for its honesty. However, given the nature and the history of the crypto-space prepare to face allegations of this kind for quite some time. Perhaps, you could prepare a comprehensive FAQ on this theme, because these will indeed be Very Frequent Questions as the project will take off and more and more people will have to decide wether to invest their money for buying WEBD on the exchanges or not.
Activity: 62

personally your opinion ... first, I have a limited Internet connection through a modem, on the Web-based Internet account the expense is very large ..
the second, every 10-15 minutes the slider with the number of cores goes to zero, I need to constantly monitor (located on this tab), the third one, constantly reload the page, I catch the block, I go to look at it in the explorer as a result I'm in the fork, I had enough for 2 hours for such a prey (2 blocks came out and they turned out to be false)
you have big defects on the site, where there is no possibility of stable production, while the number of coins produced is growing rapidly, so I have only one way-is it to buy coins on the exchange? but I am tormented by vague doubts that 90% are in the hands of the developers (because once you can work stably extraction)

They just change "pre-mine" to "9.9% (4.1568 Billion) reserved for WebDollar Genesis."
Genesis ?

It means that you took 10 years of mining to yourself. You have balance of 10 year of mining!
I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Bitcoin was mined/pre-mined by Satoshi. Many researchers believe that Satoshi mined between 1 million to 1.6 million Bitcoins that makes up to 8.4% in today's bitcoin circulation . According to your judgment, Bitcoin it is a scam too, isn't it? Then why you discuss on this forum?

https://i.imgur.com/gywPvbZ.png

https://eklitzke.org/how-many-bitcoins-did-satoshi-nakamoto-mine

More than half of the WebDollar Genesis will be given away to the WebDollar community to the most important contributors. We already have people who started partnerships with companies and promoted WebDollar online or built WebDollar blockchain explorers.

The other half of the WebDollar Genesis is vested for the next 4 years to new tech developments like: "anonymity, smart contracts, scalability, etc"

Moreover, WebDollar is a public Blockchain, so you can verify every transaction.

Genesis ?

I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Take a close look on the graphics and you will notice the reward distribution is like Bitcoin Distribution. That means in first 4 years 21 bld. of WebDollars will be mined (and as you said the team has less than 1 year of mining for having founds to grow the ecosystem). The genesis is for future developments, marketing, bounties, and more things for develop the WebDollar ecosystem.

The slider is going to 0 because you were mining a fork and the platform understand this and is stopping the mining. We're working to fix that in next days. This is a issue which will be resolved in few days from 100 years of mining... Come on.. As a work around until we will fix that issue you can try terminal mining.
Activity: 46

Genesis ?

I'm out.
It's just another scam.

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

Hi, the rest of 4 bln are the Genesis

What does that exactly mean? If that is not entirely clear or if it means the wrong thing people will just think that these coins can be dumped on the market any moment - in which case bye bye investors and bye bye price.

As it is described in our BitcoinTalk post, those 4 bld. would be used for developing features in WebDollar, marketing, exchange listing, bounties and more.

There should be a way to check funds from pre-mined WebDollar, this would give some more confidence to users

Because at this moment the difference of 9.9% is to big comparing with what was mined in few days from main net there is no reason to show that. If anyone want to check can do this via console in browser.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

What does that exactly mean? If that is not entirely clear or if it means the wrong thing people will just think that these coins can be dumped on the market any moment - in which case bye bye investors and bye bye price.

As it is described in our BitcoinTalk post, those 4 bld. would be used for developing features in WebDollar, marketing, exchange listing, bounties and more.

There should be a way to check funds from pre-mined WebDollar, this would give some more confidence to users
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
Great project WebDollar, which uses the mechanism of consensus Non-Interactive Proofs of Proof of Work! I admire WebDollar!

Activity: 1
Activity: 5
hello everyone, noob here, just to get that out of the way Smiley i have been mining for about 30 hours now with not one single block found. last week i would usually find a block or two per night of mining, but recently it seemed to slow down and currently is has stop finding blocks apparently. My question is: is this normal? do the rest of you share similar experience? no blocks found in over a day?
EDIT: also one question has been on my mind: if we look at the explorer page from the site we can see all wallets and the amounts that they have. The largest one has at this time 2.5 mil WEBD and the 10th has 953K, considerably dropping as you go along. If you add them up it amounts to maybe 50 mil, 100 mil tops. The coin supply distribution from the main page is at 4.2 billion. My question is where are the rest of the coins ? Where are 4 billion coins that the current distribution says they have been found?
Thank you
Pages:
Jump to: