Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet - page 61. (Read 268502 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Don't see any code for any anonymous feature in github repo, btw.. nor any branches..

Maybe I'm missing something?

Its closed. It will not open source any time soon.

If it is open source, scammers will copy and paste crazy
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Twitter: @FedKassad
Please read 243 pages Smiley

Doing a random sampling of those 243 pages reveals that it's mostly posts on P&D... not much useful technical information.  If I'm missing it please link to the posts.

Otherwise it would be very helpful to have some credible whitepaper published, especially if you are going closed source route... just my opinion.

Ah, mate. It must suck recently being the lead developer of AsiaCoin.
Activity: 168
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

Top 10   1,964,504 XC   35.65 %
Top 100   4,270,236 XC   77.48 %

Let's talk about how decentralized this coin is, only a handful own most of the coin.

would like to hear thoughts from dev (atcsecure)

Well I find it interesting the dev isn't in the TOP 5... I would say that some people have either spent a lot of money to acquire XC's either via mining or through the exchanges

Let's not forget that a lot of the top addresses belong to exchanges and you don't get to see the balances of different people on those exchanges. In fact it's a lot more spread than that list shows

Right, I know I have like 5 addresses that hold my sharecoins. Never keep all my coins In one address Wink
Activity: 154
I forgot where I put my wallet.dat
How can we validate that anonymity is actually working, and/or is decentralized?

Is there a whitepaper?

You can download the wallet and try it. (for now just in console :  sendfrommixer  ) Use small amount like 0.0002
UI support coming next release.

But how does it work?  Is it just sending to some mixer node that is pre-setup to mix coins?  

I'm not sure how true anonymity can be built into a coin if it's not in the actual block creation source code... (which obviously has none of that code on github).

Unless it's just sending to some central mixer server somewhere to get a redirection.  (which would be a valid way to do it but somewhat less impressive of an implementation ).

Most up to date info on XC specifications: http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/26px5q/community_qa_week_1/

May not answer all your questions, but from what I have gathered, the current implementation is mixer based off a masternode. Revision 2 will utilize decentralized nodes in the sense that any wallet can act as an xnode and will utilize a separate protocal which can be run over TOR. Would be cool if android wallets supported xnode functionality, though just being able to stake will be nice.

Doing a random sampling of those 243 pages reveals that it's mostly posts on P&D... not much useful technical information.  If I'm missing it please link to the posts.

Otherwise it would be very helpful to have some credible whitepaper published, especially if you are going closed source route... just my opinion.
Twitter: @FedKassad
http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

Top 10   1,964,504 XC   35.65 %
Top 100   4,270,236 XC   77.48 %

Let's talk about how decentralized this coin is, only a handful own most of the coin.

would like to hear thoughts from dev (atcsecure)

Well I find it interesting the dev isn't in the TOP 5... I would say that some people have either spent a lot of money to acquire XC's either via mining or through the exchanges

Let's not forget that a lot of the top addresses belong to exchanges and you don't get to see the balances of different people on those exchanges. In fact XC ownership is a lot more spread than that list shows
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
wow xc has as many volume as litecoin...
amazing...
Activity: 686
How can we validate that anonymity is actually working, and/or is decentralized?

Is there a whitepaper?

You can download the wallet and try it. (for now just in console :  sendfrommixer  ) Use small amount like 0.0002

But how does it work?  Is it just sending to some mixer node that is pre-setup to mix coins?  

I'm not sure how true anonymity can be built into a coin if it's not in the actual block creation source code... (which obviously has none of that code on github).

Unless it's just sending to some central mixer server somewhere to get a redirection.  (which would be a valid way to do it but somewhat less impressive of an implementation ).

Is there a whitepaper?

I had the same question, was just checking out the Github repo.  Don't see any major commits.  Just a few commits for changing the POW max number of units. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with all the scams going around these days you can't be too safe.

Its not scam coin don't worry.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
I had the same question, was just checking out the Github repo.  Don't see any major commits.  Just a few commits for changing the POW max number of units. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but with all the scams going around these days you can't be too safe.

Is there a whitepaper?

GUI support coming next release.

Is there a whitepaper?
Don't see any code for any anonymous feature in github repo, btw.. nor any branches..

Its closed. It will not open source any time soon.
Merit: 1000
Coin itself is open source, anon features aren't.

Activity: 756
how long do I have to wait to just confirm a block?

Minimum 8 hours
Max 30 days

The more coins you have the better your chance of getting it quicker!

Confirmation is separate from stake age - 6 confirmations on a TX... minted/mined blocks 200 confirmations
Activity: 308
why does it take that long to just confirm it?

Are you talking about POS staking or just transfer time,

The stats I posted were for POS staking, just sending a coin I am not to sure when I transferred it exchanges it didn't take too long to fully confirm
Activity: 168
Sorry to be a fool.. Can someone send me a coin to make sure my wallet is syncing? I'd appreciate it!
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

hi folks! quick question: is XC open source??
Pages:
Jump to: