Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 115. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
xcn looks great today  Smiley

It does, but as it happens with every rally, be wary of the downturn. While I'm very happy to see XCN doing so well on the exchanges, realistically, the nethash should increase by a lot, in order to justify the current price. No concerns here though, I'll stick around through any ups and downs along the way. We are generally bound upwards, as the dev team continues committed. We will surely see sustained growth once we have another pool (or better yet, pools), and once we can get the windows miners onboard.

~ Myagui

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
xcn looks great today  Smiley
legendary
Hi,can u help me with a link for m7 miner

Thx in advance

You can get the CPU miner at 1GH:
http://xcn.1gh.com/

And the GPU (cuda, linux) source:
https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner

Happy Mining,
~ Myagui
Activity: 519
where is cgminrer download?? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  i have 270X  AMD
This is linux-only and NVidia-only coin.

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I am sure an AMD miner is in the pipeline (looking at Wolf0)  Wink

If I made one, I'd release it, but really - I wasn't kidding. OpenCL kind of sucks once you learn CUDA.

as I knowCUDA is easier to convert C++ to gpu algo than OPENCL.
and cuz M7 has many different to X11,X13 etc, sphminer won't work well.
havn't seen "sph" for a longtime, AFK from BTT? : )

yes right a shitty copy and paste implementation for cuda is easy

Fixed it for you.

Hi,can u help me with a link for m7 miner

Thx in advance
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I am sure an AMD miner is in the pipeline (looking at Wolf0)  Wink

If I made one, I'd release it, but really - I wasn't kidding. OpenCL kind of sucks once you learn CUDA.

yes right as implementation for cuda is easy
Activity: 153
Merit: 100
mine for future~
where is cgminrer download?? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh  i have 270X  AMD

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I am sure an AMD miner is in the pipeline (looking at Wolf0)  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution

For now. The dev has come up with an optimised nividia linux miner single-handedly and in a short time (within a week?).  Bravo!

I will set up a thread soon so we can collect funding for important project such as an AMD miner and good open source pool software, and other projects people feel are important. People can also help the Cryptonite economy expand by accepting XCN as a form of payment. A decent payment gateway for XCN could also be quite profitable.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1151
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
he is crying now for not selling at 10k.

Question is: Will he still be crying in a few weeks time?  Wink

@ catia & bitfreak!: Please consider running an "official" pool with fees going towards development. This would 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone', as we'd get some decentralization from 1GH, and would also be funding your continued work on cryptonite. Great job with the nvidia miner!

Cheers,
~ Myagui

I'd start one if some releases a working stratum implementation for this to the public as I'm stuck into a dead end with my development...

I cannot get the getblocktemplate function working correctly, too much is different from "normal" implementations.
Activity: 21

@ catia & bitfreak!: Please consider running an "official" pool with fees going towards development. This would 'kill 2 birds with 1 stone', as we'd get some decentralization from 1GH, and would also be funding your continued work on cryptonite. Great job with the nvidia miner!

Cheers,
~ Myagui
Yes , having another Pool is great. And a p2pool is more than great.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
3.1 - 3.2MH/s on AWS (GPU only) seems to be what catia's miner is getting...

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnaws3.png

Your move.  Cheesy

I can't seem to find network hashrate graph and data fo XCN. How can one calculate how many XCNs is 3 MHs mining a day?

Your hashrate / Network hashrate * blocks per day (1440) * XCN per block (242 currently, I think)

Thanks. If we fill in the blanks:
Code:
getnetworkhashps

(3100000 / 5753246115) * 1440 * 242 = 187.77 XCN / day
187.77 XCN * 0.0000152 = 0.00285410 BTC / day = 1.68 US$ / day

AWS G2 instance costs $0.650 per Hour = 15.6 US$ / day

Spot instances can be rented cheaper, but it looks like to me that renting Amazon GPU instance is absolutely unprofitable. Have I made any error, or people are renting them just for the fun of mining?

See my screenshot (that you quoted) for your error. That plus spot is around 0.1 USD/hr.

You mean 4.600.000 instead of 3.100.000? That increases the productivity by 48%, to 2.49 US$ / day. Even if you get spot instance for 0.1 US$/hr, you invested 2.40 US$ to return 2.49 US$ per instance, just to break even.

Now, when you get the nethash, don't get the current estimate, get the average over the last 1440 blocks. And keep in mind that Tokyo g2.2 pricing is now 0.055 USD/hr.
legendary

Cheers,
~ Myagui
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Seeing a solid base form at 1350-1375 sat.

The successful switch to pruned mode is an important milestone.

The current price is a bit below my initial target of 1500, but that ended up being pretty close. I can definitely see upside from here and I'm a buyer at these prices.

The big early miner with 550k coins and unknown intentions is still an overhang but I don't see a huge risk of dumping, especially with the coin at current low prices and showing a lot of promise. Dumping the 550k at this price would only yield about 7 BTC. Whoever went to the trouble of mining all those blocks right away probably would like more than 7 BTC to show for it (and notably didn't sell even at 10k).

It was only the wind.

Your move.  Cheesy

I can't seem to find network hashrate graph and data fo XCN. How can one calculate how many XCNs is 3 MHs mining a day?

Your hashrate / Network hashrate * blocks per day (1440) * XCN per block (242 currently, I think)

Thanks. If we fill in the blanks:
Code:
getnetworkhashps

(3100000 / 5753246115) * 1440 * 242 = 187.77 XCN / day
187.77 XCN * 0.0000152 = 0.00285410 BTC / day = 1.68 US$ / day

AWS G2 instance costs $0.650 per Hour = 15.6 US$ / day

Spot instances can be rented cheaper, but it looks like to me that renting Amazon GPU instance is absolutely unprofitable. Have I made any error, or people are renting them just for the fun of mining?

See my screenshot (that you quoted) for your error. That plus spot is around 0.1 USD/hr.
Activity: 50

The current price is a bit below my initial target of 1500, but that ended up being pretty close. I can definitely see upside from here and I'm a buyer at these prices.

The big early miner with 550k coins and unknown intentions is still an overhang but I don't see a huge risk of dumping, especially with the coin at current low prices and showing a lot of promise. Dumping the 550k at this price would only yield about 7 BTC. Whoever went to the trouble of mining all those blocks right away probably would like more than 7 BTC to show for it (and notably didn't sell even at 10k).

Good analysis smooth.  I've been buying all the way down.

By coincidence, we bounced off the 1375 floor at the same time pruning hit.

What's the next Big Ticket item for the ecosystem?  Dice?  Point of Sale?  Local merchant acceptance?  Dice would show off XCN's speed and dust/spam/bloat-proof characteristics very well.  Do we need a CryptoNiteClub next to the Bitcoin Embassy and Monero Hotel?   Cheesy

What about canonical pizza?  I'll pay 10,000 XCN for a large with green olives and pineapple.

Though you are a "hero member" you seem to be new to the crypto economy. As if people care about the "next big ticket item" in crypto. They only care how much it can be pumped to Tongue

Disclaimer: bought a load at 1400 Wink

Yes, it seems we are reaching a nice bottom.  The nice 1400 figure may not be there for long.  Good catch.  Smiley
Activity: 378
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin

Good analysis smooth.  I've been buying all the way down.

What's the next Big Ticket item for the ecosystem?  Dice?  Point of Sale?  Local merchant acceptance?  Dice would show off XCN's speed and dust/spam/bloat-proof characteristics very well.  Do we need a CryptoNiteClub next to the Bitcoin Embassy and Monero Hotel?   Cheesy

What about canonical pizza?  I'll pay 10,000 XCN for a large with green olives and pineapple.

Though you are a "hero member" you seem to be new to the crypto economy. As if people care about the "next big ticket item" in crypto  jking Wink They only care how much it can be pumped to Tongue

Disclaimer: bought a load at 1400 Wink
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

What's the next Big Ticket item for the ecosystem?  Dice?  Point of Sale?  Local merchant acceptance?  Dice would show off XCN's speed and dust/spam/bloat-proof characteristics very well.  Do we need a CryptoNiteClub next to the Bitcoin Embassy and Monero Hotel?   Cheesy

What about canonical pizza?  I'll pay 10,000 XCN for a large with green olives and pineapple.

A j-d clone is the best I think. The investment feature is what really gets things going. I think doge-dice basically made dogecoin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

It was only the wind.

Your move.  Cheesy

Jump to: