Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 111. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
XCN came very close to a perfectly fair launch.

Stop your absurd cheerleading. It is a joke already, and gotten to the point where it probably has the reverse effect you intend (unless you are in fact trying to make the coin look bad).

The launch was nowhere near perfect, and the developer has said so. Releasing a GPU miner after a week is about the worst possible approach. If a GPU miner were months away from development, with no way to speed it up, I could see pushing the launch ahead anyway, but for a something a week away, a closer-to-level playing field is much better. This is true not only for "fairness," but also from the pragmatic perspective of getting more GPU miners (of which there is a large number) involved with the coin before the difficulty goes up so much it becomes uninteresting to those operating on a small scale.

Another reason to do a GPU miner at launch is so the developers don't end up looking like they don't know what they are talking about (or worse look like they are being deceptive even if they aren't) when they claim GPU miners won't give much advantage, when in fact after just a few days of optimizing, a cheap GPU is 10x faster than a high end desktop CPU.

Noting and analyzing facts relevant to the matter at hand is not "cheerleading."

Does it really bother you so much that I see CryptoNite as a worthy complement to Monero, and a potential LTC-killer?

What is the point of rehashing the moot debate of exactly what was/wasn't a 'fair launch' for the umpteenth time, especially when you've been on the other side of the same issue on XMR threads?  Have you no integrity, or do you simply wish to bore everyone to death?

Stop your absurd quibbling over the initial distribution of a tiny percentage of overall coins.  Having such ugly, jealous cheerleaders is starting to make Monero look bad.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
Ping Pong buy and sell orders are doing great though.
27BTC on bter, for investors it's been fun.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010
You are confusing the concept of fairness with that of equality.

Just a quick note. Fair is about everyone having the opportunity, which clearly was not the case here. Equality I guess would be something like everybody getting the same amount of coins, which is nowhere near to what I was talking about.

Anyway, the only thing that saves the day is the big total number of coins. No big harm has been done thinking long term.

You forgot to add that this is your last post.

that is actually funny: I put Satoshi on "ignore".  Cool what a chaos this man (woman) created .... (in a good way of course) I say to you all hold on to your coins as infrastructure aint out there there is just people buying and selling on exchanges.. this can't last forever alone.. something is going to happen
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
You are confusing the concept of fairness with that of equality.

Just a quick note. Fair is about everyone having the opportunity, which clearly was not the case here. Equality I guess would be something like everybody getting the same amount of coins, which is nowhere near to what I was talking about.

Anyway, the only thing that saves the day is the big total number of coins. No big harm has been done thinking long term.

You forgot to add that this is your last post.
legendary
Activity: 1792

Stop your absurd cheerleading. It is a joke already, and gotten to the point where it probably has the reverse effect you intend (unless you are in fact trying to make the coin look bad).

The launch was nowhere near perfect, and the developer has said so. Releasing a GPU miner after a week is about the worst possible approach. If a GPU miner were months away from development, with no way to speed it up, I could see pushing the launch ahead anyway, but for a something a week away, a more a closer-to-level playing field is much better. This is true not only for "fairness," but also from the pragmatic perspective of getting more GPU miners (of which there is a large number) involved with the coin before the difficulty goes up so much it becomes uninteresting to those operating on a small scale.

Another reason to do a GPU miner at launch is so the developers don't end up looking like they don't know what they are talking about (or worse look like they are being deceptive even if they aren't) when they claim GPU miners won't give much advantage, when in fact after just a few days of optimizing, a cheap GPU is 10x faster than a high end desktop CPU.

nicely written much truth, there is an arms race to optimize software/hardware for mining, I have mined just about every single cryptonite tech out there and locked it all under key, the same goes for this coin, one never knows what is going to happen with all this tech

however I did stop mining this coin after reaching predefined threshold and moved on to investigate other "creatures"

but above was really well written and educational for many, thank you

--

and yes I took this dev Nvidia GPU miner and produced 1000 x more coins than with CPU overnight.. imagine what one could do in the cloud, all of this is very tricky for all especially for investors, one key principle is for difficulty and therefore network speed to increase for value of the coin to increase and hold  , other people are trying POS approach where nodes are laptops themselves.. it is a veeery interesting idea and might win long term
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Anyway, I have nothing more to add to this discussion.

... except for this, which will most probably be my last post in this thread.

I just checked the volume chart at c-cex. Between the 3rd and 6th of August over 500k coins were sold for at least 6k sat each. GPU miner came out on 6th of August. Price dropped like shit. The expected thing would be the sells to be larger after the release of the gpu miner, which clearly didn't happen. I really don't mean to jump to conclusions here, it might have been a mere coincidence, but, if no information had been published before Aug 3rd-4th that a gpu miner is in the works, I think a small group of people (might be devs among them) exploited the inside info to make quick profit.

If you want to call this launch fair (no public gpu miner from the start, no windows or amd gpu miner, while they were technically possible), then, please, what kind of launch would you call unfair?

The only thing that saves the day is the big total supply of coins. But I think I've just made up my mind. I'll follow this project from a distance and won't be posting anything no matter what happens. For real this time.

Hi, mate
Developed by a hero member! 1st mini-blockchains ! First M7! These are enough!
I don't know what are you thinking ? It's not fair enough ? The total is 1.84 billion, I don't know why you are always mention the  1 million coins (maybe less than 1 million) mined by earlier big miners.

Or you just want non-stop newbie devs' shit clone coins ? Even these shit devs always ran away .
How could one thing be absolutely fair ? How ?
Stay or leave , that's up to you .
@beatfeak! Just ignore the guy plz, stay on the developments of XCN.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

The launch was nowhere near perfect, and the developer has said so. Releasing a GPU miner after a week is about the worst possible approach. If a GPU miner were months away from development, with no way to speed it up, I could see pushing the launch ahead anyway, but for a something a week away, a closer-to-level playing field is much better. This is true not only for "fairness," but also from the pragmatic perspective of getting more GPU miners (of which there is a large number) involved with the coin before the difficulty goes up so much it becomes uninteresting to those operating on a small scale.

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Anyway, I have nothing more to add to this discussion.

... except for this, which will most probably be my last post in this thread.

I just checked the volume chart at c-cex. Between the 3rd and 6th of August over 500k coins were sold for at least 6k sat each. GPU miner came out on 6th of August. Price dropped like shit. The expected thing would be the sells to be larger after the release of the gpu miner, which clearly didn't happen. I really don't mean to jump to conclusions here, it might have been a mere coincidence, but, if no information had been published before Aug 3rd-4th that a gpu miner is in the works, I think a small group of people (might be devs among them) exploited the inside info to make quick profit.

If you want to call this launch fair (no public gpu miner from the start, no windows or amd gpu miner, while they were technically possible), then, please, what kind of launch would you call unfair?

The only thing that saves the day is the big total supply of coins. But I think I've just made up my mind. I'll follow this project from a distance and won't be posting anything no matter what happens. For real this time.

The kind of launch I would call unfair would involve a premine, and/or closed-source, with little or no announcement/testnet.

You are confusing the concept of fairness with that of equality.  No launch will ever be equal, but XCN came very close to a perfectly fair launch.  Everyone had a month of testnet to prepare for the official launch. 

The sour grapes whining is best kept to your weeping pillow, far away from this thread. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
A coin released and developed by a hero member!? 1st mini-blockchains! Rare breed!
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Im getting about 3050-3080 Kh/s per card with Palit 750TI stormX OC with the new miner. Im with 340.52 Nvidia driver, and this is my command line:
Cryptonite-CudaMiner-compute_35.exe -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u Y -p x -t 6
I've tried with compute_30 but the speed is about 2700kh.
How could someone reach 4MH ?
Actually I can, (my card is OCed), however the 750ti being a second card, it kills at the same time the performance on the first card (780ti) which ends up with the gpu usage around 47% and does about 4.5MH
(instead of 11MH on the forthcoming ccminer...)

I believe there is a bug in the MyStreamSynchronize usage that is causing the sleep time calculation to apply globally instead of per thread. So mixing cards of different performance causes problems ranging from high cpu utilization to under gpu utilization depending on how large the speed difference is between cards. Will look into it later.
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
Im getting about 3050-3080 Kh/s per card with Palit 750TI stormX OC with the new miner. Im with 340.52 Nvidia driver, and this is my command line:
Cryptonite-CudaMiner-compute_35.exe -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u Y -p x -t 6
Actually I can, (my card is OCed), however the 750ti being a second card, it kills at the same time the performance on the first card (780ti) which ends up with the gpu usage around 47% and does about 4.5MH
Cant wait to try the new ccminer Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
legendary
Activity: 930
Hy guys need help i have 2 Rigs with 6x750ti each ,one with 8Gb Ram and Win7x64 and the second with 6GB Ram an Win 8x64,the first one works perfect and the second stops after 5 ,10 or 30 minutes if u have any ideas or ..

Thx in advance

I've heard that RAM may be a problem. 6gb ram for win8 sounds a bit thin in my ears, but someone more qualified can hopefully answer. I suggest you try in the cudaminer thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229

They may know a little more there.
Activity: 519
Hy guys need help i have 2 Rigs with 6x750ti each ,one with 8Gb Ram and Win7x64 and the second with 6GB Ram an Win 8x64,the first one works perfect and the second stops after 5 ,10 or 30 minutes if u have any ideas or ..

Thx in advance
legendary
quarkchain.io

Check your CPU usage. It's quite likely that your CPU is the bottleneck. If that's the case, you might find that you are better off just mining XCN with 4 cards, and mine something else with the other two (some other algo that doesn't stress the CPU).

EDIT: Then again, the windows build is largely "beta", so I could be completely off... I suppose that the best performance right now is with Linux.
Good Luck
~ Myagui

Thank you! I've checked the cpu load , and it get between 34-50%. I think its not stressed ,but will try turning off 2 of the cards Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

Check your CPU usage. It's quite likely that your CPU is the bottleneck. If that's the case, you might find that you are better off just mining XCN with 4 cards, and mine something else with the other two (some other algo that doesn't stress the CPU).

EDIT: Then again, the windows build is largely "beta", so I could be completely off... I suppose that the best performance right now is with Linux.
Good Luck
~ Myagui
legendary
quarkchain.io
The miner in question did not start mining until approximately block 150. That would have been enough time to finish a miner that was already mostly implemented.
You're obviously referring to the large miner who started mining at block 146. Just because they had such a large amount of hashing power doesn't prove they had a GPU miner. But I agree there is a chance someone got a GPU miner whipped up within 150 blocks, because they had a lot of time to prepare for our release. Either way they've stopped mining quite some time ago now and we have more important issues to focus on.

Fu...k!  I'm tired of all this. I started mine with 100 c3.8xlarge after 2 hours after launch. After 2 hours because I couldn't make daemon  from src
c3.8xlarge still profitable? Tongue

no, only first 2-3 days
Activity: 378
Time is Money - Benjamin Franklin
The miner in question did not start mining until approximately block 150. That would have been enough time to finish a miner that was already mostly implemented.
You're obviously referring to the large miner who started mining at block 146. Just because they had such a large amount of hashing power doesn't prove they had a GPU miner. But I agree there is a chance someone got a GPU miner whipped up within 150 blocks, because they had a lot of time to prepare for our release. Either way they've stopped mining quite some time ago now and we have more important issues to focus on.

Fu...k!  I'm tired of all this. I started mine with 100 c3.8xlarge after 2 hours after launch. After 2 hours because I couldn't make daemon  from src
c3.8xlarge still profitable? Tongue

Jump to: