Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 114. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Ok well some of the guys on IRC spent a few days compiling a GPU miner binary for Windows and it looks like they finally got it to work. Can't guarantee it will be bug free or work as well on Windows, but give it a try and see how it goes.

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/56lnq52g4gny0m0/AADMJa2QTMSSc4g9gx1BfWIla
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Up until the point that GPU miner was launched it was continuously profitable to mine on EC2 from the get go.

His behavior was not consistent with EC2 mining. I do not care to elaborate at this time.

Guys, I don't want to present any evidence, but the moon is totally made of cheese! You heard it here first!

I'll correct that a bit. Not consistent with EC2 mining using the public CPU miner.

I suspect a GPU miner on EC2, and I even have some direct evidence for it.

pics or it didn't happen

I will wait for further developments.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Up until the point that GPU miner was launched it was continuously profitable to mine on EC2 from the get go.

His behavior was not consistent with EC2 mining. I do not care to elaborate at this time.

Guys, I don't want to present any evidence, but the moon is totally made of cheese! You heard it here first!

I'll correct that a bit. Not consistent with EC2 mining using the public CPU miner.

pics or it didn't happen
legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
anyone has a AMD minner??

Same question, anyone has Miner for AMD?

No, there is still no (known public) miner for AMD

No news? Still waiting for.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
In just half a day, the hashrate market cap has been doubled and continually increase.

New & Improved!   Grin
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
In just half a day, the hashrate has been doubled and continually increase.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
That's highly likely seeing the one address that mined a huge amount of coins.  But how can a private GPU miner be available at launch unless...

600k coins mined by that address, and windows miners werent working, along with there being a fork, And reports of people's cpu farms not getting any coins at all. I wouldnt say its highly unlikely.

A private GPU miner at launch is possible because XCN was run on a test net for a month prior to official launch.

Everyone had plenty of time to write or commission custom mining software, as well as make/test provisions for EC2/cloud mining at scale.

Thus it is not surprising XCN difficulty was never low.  The fork was just a tiny bump, otherwise the launch was textbook perfect.  I was able to solo mine a block in about 48hrs on Win7/i7 (but then went on a shopping spree when I read the writing on the [altcoin observer] wall.

There are a hundred other altcoins Darkota & Co could be running around demanding to be relaunched, yet they choose XCN because they realize XCN's outstanding technology and limitless potential.  It's not going to be relaunched, so they resort to good old FUD.   Roll Eyes

Guys, stop being such cheapskates and just buy some coins on the market.  You had every opportunity over the last week to get very cheap XCN.  All the market cap has done is move from $50k to $100k.  That's nothing!  This thing is still a 5-10 bagger at minimum.
Activity: 288
Merit: 105
Up until the point that GPU miner was launched it was continuously profitable to mine on EC2 from the get go. For that matter it is still profitable using g2.2. So i dunno how there was obviously a private GPU miner. Fairly certain Wolf didn't have one until after I made the free one because his miner is based off of my code. I think it's doubtful anyone did. Perhaps put tinfoil hat back on. Big question is why EC2 miner not move to g2.2 instances and instead abruptly stopped when GPU came out. Could be got a new address. Also I have noticed lots of nodes using non EC2 cloud services. Perhaps getting a deal there and not have GPU available.

Making conclusions from insufficient information is fine, but believing them to be facts is kind of silly.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I had 100 ec2 instances with 32 threads per server at launch . I hadn't private miner and first 3 days it was solo mining. And I had got more than 100k coins at first days

You did the right thing, taking into account that private gpu miners have been mining the shit out of this coin, while the rest wasted resources with cpu mining, and at any moment those big holders could have dumped. It's like the coin having a premine. You can't be sure at any moment. You entirely depend on their will. Price depends on them as well.

However, this coin has a good concept and could have been a good coin. But, greed has turned it into something useless. I still suggest that it should be relaunched. Fair launch this time.

You do realize that there is a public GPU miner available right? And the known private miner is Wolf's, which is topping the performance of the public one by some 10% or so, so definitely not the 'premine' proportions that you're claiming. Big & early holders did get a lot of coins, but have thrown some hefty computing power to mine them before a GPU miner was available, which is perfectly fair.

So in short: a largely new codebase, a lot of completely new features, lot's of testing time, timely pre-ann, timely launch ann, emission rate ~ 50% mined in 10 years. Yep, this is a goner, let's relaunch ASAP.
(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

Thing is, it's suspected that a Private GPU miner was available at launch, which was the reason why so many people using CPU's were unable to mine any coins with such a high difficulty.

That's highly likely seeing the one address that mined a huge amount of coins.  But how can a private GPU miner be available at launch unless...

600k coins mined by that address, and windows miners werent working, along with there being a fork, And reports of people's cpu farms not getting any coins at all. I wouldnt say its highly unlikely.
Activity: 770
You did the right thing, taking into account that private gpu miners have been mining the shit out of this coin, while the rest wasted resources with cpu mining, and at any moment those big holders could have dumped. It's like the coin having a premine. You can't be sure at any moment. You entirely depend on their will. Price depends on them as well.

However, this coin has a good concept and could have been a good coin. But, greed has turned it into something useless. I still suggest that it should be relaunched. Fair launch this time.

You do realize that there is a public GPU miner available right? And the known private miner is Wolf's, which is topping the performance of the public one by some 10% or so, so definitely not the 'premine' proportions that you're claiming. Big & early holders did get a lot of coins, but have thrown some hefty computing power to mine them before a GPU miner was available, which is perfectly fair.

So in short: a largely new codebase, a lot of completely new features, lot's of testing time, timely pre-ann, timely launch ann, emission rate ~ 50% mined in 10 years. Yep, this is a goner, let's relaunch ASAP.
(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

Thing is, it's suspected that a Private GPU miner was available at launch, which was the reason why so many people using CPU's were unable to mine any coins with such a high difficulty.

legendary
Activity: 896

(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

That's highly likely seeing the one address that mined a huge amount of coins.  But how can a private GPU miner be available at launch unless...
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
You do realize that there is a public GPU miner available right?
~ Myagui

please link to windows gpu miner (nvidia based)
i dont care about 10% lower performance
someone who can please compile the miner for windows user
Activity: 770

(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui

legendary
Activity: 1154

(sarcasm alert)

~ Myagui
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
xcn looks great today  Smiley

Damn, it sure does.  I bought between .000014 and .000015.  I only wish I had bought more.

I'm very happy with my filled buy orders in that range too, I'm almost sad I had 50% set at such a now "low" sell price, it's more than tripled what I sold 50% of my coins at.
Almost Sad  Cool

And of course, I had to remake all my new buy orders on the higher buy floor =)
The majority of my coins won't be let go until it hits 0.0001 and even then I'm a bit scared of it surpassing that and having sellers regret and simply holding some once I buy.
Someone dump some cheap coins to fill my buys Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
xcn looks great today  Smiley

Damn, it sure does.  I bought between .000014 and .000015.  I only wish I had bought more.
Jump to: