Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 126. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 153
Merit: 100
mine for future~
It seems some people are blindly going to AWS without doing the math... they're gonna lose money.
The price now is too low.
Activity: 164
Who can tell me the AMD graphics tools in that? THANKS VERY MUCH!
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
LOL no 32bit binaries? Are you f--- kidding me?  Grin

I have been using Linux for well over a decade. It has never once occurred to me that software being unavailable for my machine was some kind of misdeed by the author. Especially if source code is provided for said software. I guess users of windows XP must be some kind of entitled folks. Like, what you no compile for my 8 year old OS that I pirated? Waste your own time dude.

Couple of points:
A) Only dumbasses use the newest Windows as they are increasingly falling into the hands of tyrants, the newest Windows for example will only notify you when it's going to shut down for updates with no way to delay the updates (pretty much notifies you halfway through your work I'm shutting down for updates in half an hours and fuck you). Not to mention the shit GUI, the shit performance, the shit security and the shit everything else.
B) 32Bit machines are still the most popular currently.
C) Compiling the GUI on Windows requires installing numerous dependencies and hard configurations, while I am smart enough to do this most other people aren't.

Overall this is the classical "blame it on the one that exposed our stupid behavior" by the shill, if the devs are lacking the common sense to provide 32bit binaries what could you expect from the source except buggy, shitty code written by some chinese hack?

You may or may not have a valid point about 32 bit binaries, but leave your racism/nationalism at the door.  The nationality of the developer has nothing to do with the quality of his or her code, just as your own nationality has nothing to do with whether you have a bloody clue about the difficulty of supporting a wide variety of cross-platform and cross-architecture builds when trying to deal with new code and a huge list of "wants" from everybody.

I suspect you don't, but it's not because you're an American, Armenian, Argentinian, or Zimbabwean.  It's because you need to take a deep breath, remember that nobody owes you the software you're running without paying anything for it, and remember that these are real human beings on the other end of the conversation, not anonymous bots posting to a chat forum.

This. Also, the point about 32-bit machines being the most popular is invalid - not because it's not true, but because it doesn't matter. Those machines are phones and ATMs, machines that people don't actually use for this sort of thing.
Activity: 164
Who can tell me the AMD graphics tools for xcn?
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Activity: 658
Merit: 500

You really should tag that stuff NSFW specially on threads where people don't know.

^ this.  why send the entire desktop?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

You really should tag that stuff NSFW specially on threads where people don't know.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
So here are the instructions to build the miner on an EC2 GPU instance (assumes you have installed cuda toolkit):

Code:
sudo apt-get install -y build-essential automake m4 libssl-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libgmp-dev git
cd
git clone https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/CudaMiner
cd CudaMiner
sed -i 's/compute_35/compute_30/' Makefile.am
chmod +x autogen.sh
./autogen.sh
./configure CFLAGS="-O3"
make -j 8

# RUN USING:
# ./minerd -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -p x -t 1

What hash rate are you getting?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There is a online wallet for XCN?
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Yes, what about AMD? Opencl and stuff, you know the thing that can run on all current GPUs ;/

Or a detailed readme in repository for Linux compiling - like what dependencies except these for cpu miner...
It was only the wind.
You have to wait a bit for the hashrate to stabilize with the GPU miner. I waited about the same length of time, more than 2x hashrate and more than 2x shares submitted. Also higher efficiency, although that is debatable over a short runtime. (nsfw as usual)

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcncudastock.png vs https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcncudawolf.png

I know it can do more, though...

There is a GPU miner???

Nice wallpaper  Grin

Thanks. And yeah, there's a public one catia made, and then I edited it a lot to produce what you see in the second screenshot.

Seems to hit around 2.55 to 2.65 on 1GH, so looks like it needs work. Still far better than the stock one.
Activity: 76
Who can tell me the AMD graphics tools in that? I was 270X, thank you.
Activity: 154
the problem is not the blockchain. my wallet got corrupted after i restarted the QT client (it did NOT crash, it was shut down properly) and is not readable by the wallet anymore. I now tried five older versions, every time I start the client it tells me the wallet.dat is corrupted and not repairable. then wallet.dat gets renamed.
del all,use old version,old block chain,old wallet.dat.you'll get your coin back

again, I already tried that. The client can't load the old wallet.dat. even if you delete everything except for the wallet.dat, the client says that the wallet.dat is corrupted and can't be repaired. after that, the qt-wallet crashes...

You should send the wallet to dev for debugging  Wink
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
I like Cryptonite for its features:
http://cryptonite.info/?page=features

- Mini-Blockchain: scalable, no blockchain bloat, less disk space consumption on nodes
- Micro-transactions & Messages: with no worries for blockchain bloat
- Withdrawal Limits: helps to prevent double spending and increases confidence in low-confirmation transactions, 0-confirmation transactions become safer in the right conditions
- Unmalleable Transactions: achieved by having the sender sign the txid and by ensuring the txid will always change when the contents of the transaction changes

but mostly because devs are very visible and active and IRC inspiring confidence in continued development and support for the coin.
Activity: 21
The 1GH hashrate > network hash rate,   Why?

Don't know how to add image.

It was only the wind.
Started over and grabbed the new updated CudaMiner from git.
Makes now with no issue, but now:

CudaMiner$ ./minerd -a m7 -o stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333 -u Cmyaddressi -p x -t 1
[2014-08-06 18:36:43] 1 miner threads started, using 'm7' algorithm.
[2014-08-06 18:36:43] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://xcnpool.1gh.com:7333
GPUassert: invalid device symbol cuda_whirlpool512.cu 1428

Going to try removing whirlpool512 and compiling again, I assume -t 1 is correct as I only have a single GPU.

Thanks for the help all, I'll have to run some cards on someone's XCN address when this works for the help =)
the source compiles just for compute 3.5, so it works just for maxwell cards, if you are on kepler edit the makefile and change compute_35 with compute_30

Maxwell is 5.0 - Kepler is 3.0 & 3.5.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
the problem is not the blockchain. my wallet got corrupted after i restarted the QT client (it did NOT crash, it was shut down properly) and is not readable by the wallet anymore. I now tried five older versions, every time I start the client it tells me the wallet.dat is corrupted and not repairable. then wallet.dat gets renamed.
del all,use old version,old block chain,old wallet.dat.you'll get your coin back

again, I already tried that. The client can't load the old wallet.dat. even if you delete everything except for the wallet.dat, the client says that the wallet.dat is corrupted and can't be repaired. after that, the qt-wallet crashes...
There was probably some sort of problem with the shutdown even though it may not have looked that way. Have you tried the latest revision released a few hours ago? Try running -resync and if that doesn't work delete your Cryptonite data folder completely and then once you're fully synced shut down Qt and replace the new wallet.dat file with your old one and also delete the db.log file.
Activity: 21
Someone in China just selling his win build for a not reasonable price.

Where you get the info?
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Someone in China just selling his win build for a not reasonable price.
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
which version did you use? 14080123 ?
maybe you need trie.dat
https://mega.co.nz/#!Qw0EkAqA!pXHPRv1u09Dhd60OYrZs9j5oWqO_jlBJA6lercwMb1g
Jump to: