Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 34. (Read 578458 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Oh sorry, try this dll package.

I downloaded the new libs, but looks like I'm still missing some more libs?

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Ok well I have to be off for a while but I'll describe the process I used to compile Cryptonite on Windows in case anyone wants to compile it themselves. I basically just followed this tutorial: Building headless Bitcoin and Bitcoin-qt on Windows. However, a few of the steps need to be slightly altered, as follows:

1.3. Add mingw64 bin folder to PATH environment variable.
See: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000549.htm

Code:
C:\mingw64\bin;...

1.2. Install 64 bit MinGW-builds project toolchain:
Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/mingw-builds/4.9.2/threads-posix/seh/x86_64-4.9.2-release-posix-seh-rt_v3-rev1.7z/download
and unpack it to C:\

2.1. Make sure OpenSSL is configured for mingw64

Code:
cd /c/deps/
tar xvfz openssl-1.0.1l.tar.gz
cd openssl-1.0.1l
./Configure no-zlib no-shared no-dso no-krb5 no-camellia no-capieng no-cast no-cms no-dtls1 no-gost no-gmp no-heartbeats no-idea no-jpake no-md2 no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-rdrand no-rfc3779 no-rsax no-sctp no-seed no-sha0 no-static_engine no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-rc4 no-ssl2 no-ssl3 mingw64
make

2.4. Download and compile miniupnpc 1.9 instead of 1.9.20150206
http://miniupnp.free.fr/files/download.php?file=miniupnpc-1.9.tar.gz

Code:
cd C:\deps\miniupnpc-1.9
mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw init upnpc-static

2.6. Make sure the mingw64 directory is correct (2nd code box)

Code:
cd /c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4

LIBS="../libpng-1.6.16/.libs/libpng.a ../../mingw64/x86_64-w64-mingw32/lib/libz.a" \
png_CFLAGS="-I../libpng-1.6.16" \
png_LIBS="-L../libpng-1.6.16/.libs" \
configure --enable-static --disable-shared --without-tools

make

2.8. Download and unpack GMP into C:\deps\ folder
https://gmplib.org/download/gmp/gmp-6.0.0a.tar.xz
Compile GMP with GMPXX using MinGW shell

Code:
tar xvf gmp-6.0.0a.tar.xz
cd /c/deps/gmp-6.0.0
./configure --disable-shared --enable-cxx
make

3.0. Download and unpack Cryptonite zip file from github into C:\
https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/Cryptonite/archive/master.zip
Configure and compile Cryptonite from a MinGW shell:

Code:
cd /c/Cryptonite-master

./autogen.sh

CPPFLAGS="-I/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix \
-I/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/include \
-I/c/deps \
-I/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src \
-I/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16 \
-I/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4 \
-I/c/deps/gmp-6.0.0" \
LDFLAGS="-L/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix \
-L/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l \
-L/c/deps/miniupnpc \
-L/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src/.libs \
-L/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16/.libs \
-L/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs \
-L/c/deps/gmp-6.0.0/.libs" \
BOOST_ROOT=/c/deps/boost_1_57_0 \
./configure \
--with-gui \
--disable-upnp-default \
--disable-tests \
--with-qt-incdir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/include \
--with-qt-libdir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/lib \
--with-qt-plugindir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/plugins \
--with-qt-bindir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/bin \
--with-protoc-bindir=/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src

make

strip src/cryptonite-cli.exe
strip src/cryptonited.exe
strip src/qt/cryptonite-qt.exe
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I extracted all to the same dir and still crashing.
Maybe that's the problem, there's no IEShims.dll in the Win64 dll pack....

Hmmm maybe you do need some of the dll's still. Try downloading the Win64 dll pack.

Just extract the dll files into the same folder as the qt exe. Do not use any of the 4 Qt dll files.

I think the only file you need is IEShims.dll but you might also need the 3 which start with 'lib'.

EDIT: if that doesn't work try running Dependency Walker and see if it gives any errors.

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Hmmm maybe you do need some of the dll's still. Try downloading the Win64 dll pack.

Just extract the dll files into the same folder as the qt exe. Do not use any of the 3 Qt dll files.

I think the only file you need is IEShims.dll but you might also need the 3 which start with 'lib'.

EDIT: if that doesn't work try running Dependency Walker and see if it gives any errors.
New build crashes immediately for me. I'm running Windows 7 64 enterprise.

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: win64_cryptonite-qt_14091021.exe
  Application Version: 0.9.0.99
  Application Timestamp: 00170158
  Fault Module Name: win64_cryptonite-qt_14091021.exe
  Fault Module Version: 0.9.0.99
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00170158
  Exception Code: c000001d
  Exception Offset: 0000000000ceee76
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: c061
  Additional Information 2: c06181bc33cc807e7b55a19ccade2df3
  Additional Information 3: b8e8
  Additional Information 4: b8e8b6fe190aaeccc886ad38fc069383

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Well it was a fairly tedious process but I was able to compile 64 bit Windows binaries on Windows. Visit the Cryptonite download page to get the new builds. The qt binary is about twice the size it was before but it doesn't need any extra dll files floating around anymore. Hopefully it solves some of those crashes and the wallet corruption bug, I'm guessing it will but I'll need people to test it. It should also work on those Windows 8 machines it wasn't working on before.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Well it was a fairly tedious process but I was able to compile 64 bit Windows binaries on Windows. Visit the Cryptonite download page to get the new builds. The qt binary is about twice the size it was before but it doesn't need any extra dll files floating around anymore. Hopefully it solves some of those crashes and the wallet corruption bug, I'm guessing it will but I'll need people to test it. It should also work on those Windows 8 machines it wasn't working on before.

EDIT: if the wallet is unable to make any connections you can manually add peers from this list:

http://explorer.cryptonite.info/?page=peers
Activity: 527
Merit: 251
Quality Crypto Collector
I think I may have discovered what is causing the Windows wallet to have problems. I was doing some research and I found several other altcoins where people were experiencing the same bugs and crashes. Based on what I read in those threads it seems like the problem may be caused by the way the Windows binaries were compiled. The current Windows binaries were cross-compiled on Linux so I'll try compiling them on an actual Windows machine and see if that helps.

Thanks for that; I have not been able to sync my XCN wallet for months!!

I hope you can find a fix.   Wink
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I think I may have discovered what is causing the Windows wallet to have problems. I was doing some research and I found several other altcoins where people were experiencing the same bugs and crashes. Based on what I read in those threads it seems like the problem may be caused by the way the Windows binaries were compiled. The current Windows binaries were cross-compiled on Linux so I'll try compiling them on an actual Windows machine and see if that helps.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Still watching after 162 pages. I hope my old wallets still work though. LOL

Oh, good point!  WTF was my XCN wallet p/w?   Cheesy

It appears XCN, LTC, PPC, VIA, XPM, and the rest of the legitimate classic (Gen 1) altcoins are at this time relying on the Lindy effect for longevity.  I don't entirely disagree with that 'build it and they will come' strategy, but still, with LN/SC coming...

In terms of fireworks, perhaps they've already 'done their thing?'   Undecided

Unless there are roadmaps I've missed/neglected/forgotten...
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Still watching after 162 pages. I hope my old wallets still work though. LOL
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
Ok finally finished the update to BitShop, was a huge update so it took some time, well worth the effort though because BitShop is now better than ever and can even be used to accept payment in XCN. I will now go back to working on this Cryptonite web wallet.

cool, great work bitfreak, XCN is my 'darkhorse' pick for the future! I still can't believe I can buy XCN so cheap Smiley

But you can't buy very many without moving the price!   Cry

/first world problem
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
Ok finally finished the update to BitShop, was a huge update so it took some time, well worth the effort though because BitShop is now better than ever and can even be used to accept payment in XCN. I will now go back to working on this Cryptonite web wallet.

cool, great work bitfreak, XCN is my 'darkhorse' pick for the future! I still can't believe I can buy XCN so cheap Smiley

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
why poloniex Deposit and Withdrawal disabled???XCN is die?
I believe it's been like that for a several months now, maybe they didn't have enough volume. XCN is still alive though, I will be finished my work on BitShop soon and I'll be able to work on the Cryptonite web wallet again. I've also added a way for BitShop to use XCN and other altcoins.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
why poloniex Deposit and Withdrawal disabled???XCN is die?
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
These guys are trying to steal your name/ticker:
http://xcryptonite.org/
They've been around a while. I don't know why they had to use the exact same name and currency code, I tried to convince them to change it but they wouldn't. Their coin doesn't seem to be listed on any exchanges and seems to be dead anyway.
'

I'm pretty sure their coin is just Bytecoin, with a different name/ticker. It says right on the page:
1 XCN (Cryptonite) = 1 BCN

Edit: Actually, after reading their bitcointalk ANN I'm not so sure what they were doing, but whatever it was it does seem dead.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
They've been around a while. I don't know why they had to use the exact same name and currency code, I tried to convince them to change it but they wouldn't. Their coin doesn't seem to be listed on any exchanges and seems to be dead anyway.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
miniblockchainproject's pre-compiled cudaminer gives stratum error when every command is ok
Pages:
Jump to: