Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 35. (Read 578458 times)

Activity: 556
Merit: 501
where the dev???
As I mentioned a few posts back the core dev will be unavailable for a little while longer. I am currently working on the new version of BitShop but when that's done I plan to give the web wallet another shot.

thanks for this update.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
where the dev???
As I mentioned a few posts back the core dev will be unavailable for a little while longer. I am currently working on the new version of BitShop but when that's done I plan to give the web wallet another shot.
Activity: 509
Merit: 253
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I believe XCN was the last coin that I with poor commitment (didn't even use all my power) mined. Even if with the coins innovations from the start, I'm too lazy to browse all the pages since. Can someone give a quick recap of where you are and why I should invest, or even mine, XCN?
Activity: 421
Merit: 250

cant sync headers

osx 10.10.3 (14D136)
Activity: 938
Someone / groups are pumping this coin back ? I didn't expect this but it's nice nevertheless.
legendary
Activity: 1292

Hi,
Is there any Android wallet for XCN?
legendary

question:
what would be XCN transaction per second limit, let say: with 10M size block?
Well it's kind of hard to estimate because it depends on the number of inputs and outputs. If most transactions had a large number of inputs and outputs then much less transactions will fit in a single block. However using multiple outputs is like sending many transactions to multiple people at the same time and it's the most efficient way to save block space.

But to answer your question, according to my rough calculations I think a 10MB block size limit would restrict the tps rate to about 1k per second. However there isn't 10MB limit in Cryptonite, the maximum block size will grow as large as it needs to be in order to handle the rate of transactions.

Thank you for your answer!
(may I yet disturb you a bit with my project related questions via PM? )
Smiley
legendary
electronic [r]evolution

question:
Well it's kind of hard to estimate because it depends on the number of inputs and outputs. If most transactions had a large number of inputs and outputs then much less transactions will fit in a single block. However using multiple outputs is like sending many transactions to multiple people at the same time and it's the most efficient way to save block space.

But to answer your question, according to my rough calculations I think a 10MB block size limit would restrict the tps rate to about 1k per second. However there isn't 10MB limit in Cryptonite, the maximum block size will grow as large as it needs to be in order to handle the rate of transactions.
legendary

question:
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I lost 4 million xcn for that ridiculous backup function in qt. Software. I created the backup, and sure of what the software does, saved the file in two different places. Now that I go to use and import it back, it shows a .dat.url file which is a simple text about nonsense.
So you don't have a copy of your original wallet file or your private keys? If you didn't delete the data folder your wallet file should still be there.
I was on the run for a trip, just made the backup using the function button in the Qt. Software, and saved it in my flash card and my email (my wallet was encrypted of course). I just decided to delete the whole thing from my computer, and you know the end of my story..
I accept that I should have checked the files before archiving them, but on the hurry I somehow decided to trust the xcn software doing. My own fault, I admit, but my point for telling this story was to criticise the pace of progress.
I am glad that catia is back, and like you say, I hope that xcn gets the kind of progress pace that this promising coin deserves.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Nonce-Pool: xcn.nonce-pool.com What's the pool?
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I lost 4 million xcn for that ridiculous backup function in qt. Software. I created the backup, and sure of what the software does, saved the file in two different places. Now that I go to use and import it back, it shows a .dat.url file which is a simple text about nonsense.
So you don't have a copy of your original wallet file or your private keys? If you didn't delete the data folder your wallet file should still be there.

So 4m xcn is gone, I know that I should have checked it before, but, to be honest, the pace of the reference software development has been ridiculous. I asked for the web-based wallet for several months, but nothing..
The main dev catia disappeared for several months, and all the core developments relies on him.
I've been putting off the web wallet because serializing and signing Cryptonite transactions in javascript is a bit beyond my ability. However now that catia is back he should be able to give me assistance on anything which confuses me, so I'll probably give it a go quite soon.

Of course bitfreak and catia have the right to choose how to spend their time, they have no obligation to continue developing xcn persistently, but what remains is a red flag  for anyone who is interested to invest in xcn long term.
No matter how innovative and ideal a coin idea might be, it will not last long if not supported by continuous persistent development, as an organic live existence.
You are right of course, development on Cryptonite has been much slower than it really needs to be but not everything in life goes exactly to plan. Hopefully now that catia is back the core development can continue and some of the more serious bugs can be fixed.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
So 4m xcn is gone, I know that I should have checked it before, but, to be honest, the pace of the reference software development has been ridiculous. I asked for the web-based wallet for several months, but nothing..
The main dev catia disappeared for several months, and all the core developments relies on him.
Of course bitfreak and catia have the right to choose how to spend their time, they have no obligation to continue developing xcn persistently, but what remains is a red flag  for anyone who is interested to invest in xcn long term.
No matter how innovative and ideal a coin idea might be, it will not last long if not supported by continuous persistent development, as an organic live existence.

ps: I know about the loss for a week now, backup has been saved in early April. I am not much angry about the 4m xcn loss.  As a veteran investor I've got much much more from the cryptocurrencies than what I lost here. But as one of the earliest supporters of this project, following it since it was only a paper 2 years ago, I have to criticise the naked facts.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
programming never gets boring...
ok now

I click on backup the wallet, the desktop message appears gloriously but... no .dat file is created
till which block do I have to wait to use the qt version again ?
Until it's caught up with the latest block. Looks like it has already caught up, 440504 is close to the current block height.

up and running!!

sometimes the wallet get freezes for seconds

also take some time for the wallet to start when reading index

but, for sure these issues will be improved
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Until it's caught up with the latest block. Looks like it has already caught up, 440504 is close to the current block height.
well, I am with 7 days left since yesterday
I have 8 connections but  stuck at 427364 transactions

any ideas ?
Sounds like the 7 day bug. You'll need to resync again. I suggest using cryptonited instead of Qt to sync because it's not affected by that bug.

'd' running

OS 440504 NS 440505
Accepted block 440504
Accept block header

and goes on

legendary
electronic [r]evolution

any ideas ?
Sounds like the 7 day bug. You'll need to resync again. I suggest using cryptonited instead of Qt to sync because it's not affected by that bug.

any ideas ?
Pages:
Jump to: