Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 78. (Read 578501 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 100
Not -a cryptonite => -a m7

does not work well
ccminer.exe -a m7 -o stratum+tcp://mine1.xcn.nonce-pool.com:4035 -u 4 -p x

Are you sure the worker is spelled correctly? normally worker uses the following format: "yourpoolusername.customtext"

READ: http://xcn.nonce-pool.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted
Activity: 311
Merit: 250

does not work well
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
Does not work that way
ccminer -a cryptonite -o stratum+tcp://mine1.xcn.nonce-pool.com:4035 -u 4 -p x
can someone help

ccminer.exe -a cryptonite -o stratum+tcp://mine1.xcn.nonce-pool.com:4035 -u 4 -p x

not worked, I'm using m7_v5
Does not work that way
ccminer -a cryptonite -o stratum+tcp://mine1.xcn.nonce-pool.com:4035 -u 4 -p x
can someone help
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

Thanks for the poll bitfreak!

'MiniCrypt' would also by a nice name which would still leave some connection to 'Cryptonite' and is more suggestive of the mini-blockchain technology.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I like the name Napoleon Coin. Small but powerful. Wink

lol I like  Cheesy
Activity: 329
at this point even mon petit sarkozy coin could be fine  Grin
Activity: 602
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Be focus on development rather than changing the name !
Such as an explorer first , then any other things.

yep!!!
Activity: 308
Be focus on development rather than changing the name !
Such as an explorer first , then any other things.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
WTB up to 2,000,000 at 750 satoshi. PM.

15btc, such a buy Grin
Activity: 238
some big names on twitter supporting cryptonite, lets leave this name shit in the dust and get progress on a new logo and design.
Activity: 406
The phonetic equivalence (IPA: ˈkrɪptənʌɪt) and near-exact spellings of Cyptonite/Cryptonight and Cryptonote are confusing noobs, and it's just going to get worse as XCN gains exposure.
100% agreed thank you for pointing out the difference, let me tell you google considers them already equivalent.

To further exacerbate the issue, alts still targeting enthusiasts will fail. You don't write a manual assuming the reader already knows.
Actually, I don't agree. Sure, Cryptonite might be confusing for a few, but it's no reason to avoid the coin?  And if they read like 1 minute of the first post, they'll understand that this coin is not about anonymity.
Also, if they read the title of the the thread, it clearly states: "1st mini-blockchain coin", if that doesn't spark their interest, what will?
If you take a step down from your ivory tower you'll understand nobody not being an enthusiast sees values in that. It's like talking about the difference between a V8 and a typical utility car engine. Stuff for car enthusiasts.
Please excuse my arrogance. But as I said, people will likely open their eyes to the idea soon enough, meanwhile this coin has time to prepare by fixing bugs and whatnot.

Regarding the name, we at least have had an intriguing discussion, perhaps it will change, perhaps not. Sometimes problems turn out to be non-problems.
Activity: 266
Frankly, "Cryptonite", "Crypton" or any other seemingly superman or comic book reference is asking to be considered a joke for all of eternity.
If all you can think of is Superman, then better stay away from all cryptocurrencies.

2nd most stupid comment I've read so far.

There is no need to be a creative person to immediately assimilate the name of the coin with the green rock. I can easily assume that this idea has popped in everyone's mind when they started mining this coin. So, your recommendation as to stay away from all coins because you disagree with what others think and imagine is perhaps a sign that you need to review how you interact with people. Chill.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
The phonetic equivalence (IPA: ˈkrɪptənʌɪt) and near-exact spellings of Cyptonite/Cryptonight and Cryptonote are confusing noobs, and it's just going to get worse as XCN gains exposure.
100% agreed thank you for pointing out the difference, let me tell you google considers them already equivalent.

To further exacerbate the issue, alts still targeting enthusiasts will fail. You don't write a manual assuming the reader already knows.
Actually, I don't agree. Sure, Cryptonite might be confusing for a few, but it's no reason to avoid the coin?  And if they read like 1 minute of the first post, they'll understand that this coin is not about anonymity.
Also, if they read the title of the the thread, it clearly states: "1st mini-blockchain coin", if that doesn't spark their interest, what will?
If you take a step down from your ivory tower you'll understand nobody not being an enthusiast sees values in that. It's like talking about the difference between a V8 and a typical utility car engine. Stuff for car enthusiasts.
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
Frankly, "Cryptonite", "Crypton" or any other seemingly superman or comic book reference is asking to be considered a joke for all of eternity.
If all you can think of is Superman, then better stay away from all cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 406

Actually, I don't agree. Sure, Cryptonite might be confusing for a few, but it's no reason to avoid the coin? And if they read like 1 minute of the first post, they'll understand that this coin is not about anonymity.

Believe me these new innovations takes time, it was the same thing with darkcoin(I believe I was involved at around page 40 in that thread), it took forever before people realized the value of anonymity - and suddenly it happened and anon-coins were all over the place.

I myself don't mind a name change, but we havn't come up with anything worthwhile, so why not stick with Cryptonite, it's not a bad name.

Patience, promotion and development is what we need.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Pages:
Jump to: