Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 110. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
@krnlx: please PM me your xcn address to claim the two bounties.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I have doubts about default node, hardcoded into cryptonite(src/chainparams.cpp, line 109)... it provides not "the best" list of nodes and can go down any time... Does btc38 will modify cryptonite.conf to add nodes? Or we must add some other default nodes in production version? They can be added easy by adding line         
Code:
vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("xcn.suprnova.cc", "xcn.suprnova.cc"));

When I tested cryptonite-qt, I wrote command "getpeerinfo" debug window and saw some not full synced nodes.

Yes it's in my todo list: add seednodes and checkpoints.
We could start by adding the pools and the block explorers.
Activity: 243
Merit: 105
I have doubts about default node, hardcoded into cryptonite(src/chainparams.cpp, line 109)... it provides not "the best" list of nodes and can go down any time... Does btc38 will modify cryptonite.conf to add nodes? Or we must add some other default nodes in production version? They can be added easy by adding line         
Code:
vSeeds.push_back(CDNSSeedData("xcn.suprnova.cc", "xcn.suprnova.cc"));

When I tested cryptonite-qt, I wrote command "getpeerinfo" debug window and saw some not full synced nodes.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
I transfer my 17xcn from Nova to web.
TxID: a39f869d797752f08c84857ffeccf7be2f5e23ee20c1bd150664375c9418a21a
works fine)))))
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I'm on my way to the airport right now, but I'll give the web wallet a go when I get back home tonight. I'm glad XCN is getting some extra traction and support!
Hi all,

Announced this a few days back but removed the post, so I could test and implement krnlx's brilliant patch.

I've got the Cryptonite Webwallet up and running, and it runs very smoothly (http://xcn.nosmokes.org/).
Anyone is invited to test it and use as they wish; but standard disclaimer being test with a small amount before sending any significant amount (I haven't had a single issue mind you).

This costs me very little to run, so there is no reason why this would not still be functioning in 3-6 months time.

log1k

Guys please test this. There is a bounty for it, so please also give your OK if it's allright to pay that to log1k.
web wallet addr:CVaGfQT3PZkp2Z73A2vsirDN4Y1VAhrrWd
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hi all,

Announced this a few days back but removed the post, so I could test and implement krnlx's brilliant patch.

I've got the Cryptonite Webwallet up and running, and it runs very smoothly (http://xcn.nosmokes.org/).
Anyone is invited to test it and use as they wish; but standard disclaimer being test with a small amount before sending any significant amount (I haven't had a single issue mind you).

This costs me very little to run, so there is no reason why this would not still be functioning in 3-6 months time.

log1k

Guys please test this. There is a bounty for it, so please also give your OK if it's allright to pay that to log1k.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Hi all,

log1k
I haven't tested the guide yet (obviously, you just posted it) but it seems simple enough. Great work, palgin!

Edit: As promised, I'd update regarding the latest compiled wallets by palgin.

The qt wallet has been working fine on my PC and the cryptonited wallets on my six rigs as well. So about 12h testing for the qt wallet and a combined total of 72h of cryptonited. So far so good.

Looking forward to more reports so pallas can contact btc38 so they hopefully can get their wallet up and running quickly.
Activity: 266
Windows Build Guide

PART I - Build environment

!!WARNING!! Remove all Qt and MSYS/MinGW installations from your host (if you have any, of course) before proceeding !!WARNING!!

1. Download MSYS Shell and run it, when MinGW Installation Manager shows up, go to "All packages -> MSYS" and select following:
Code:
msys-base-bin
msys-autoconf-bin
msys-automake-bin
msys-libtool-bin

Don't uncheck packages that will be marked automatically as you check ones mentioned above. Also, make sure that none packages from MinGW section selected. When completed, click on "Installation -> Apply changes"

Done!

2. Download MinGW32 and extract mingw32 folder to the root of your drive (let's count it's drive C:\). Now we need to add it to PATH variable.

Open command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrative privileges and execute following:
Code:
setx path "%path%;C:\mingw32\bin"

Assuming you have Win version 7+, Win XP users should check how to add for their system

Close your cmd and reopen it, then execute:
Code:
mingw32-make -v

It should state:
Code:
GNU Make 4.1
and any other stuff

If nothing shows up, check your PATH variable.

Keep your cmd window open.

Done with this part.

PART II - Dependencies

Here we have 2 options, I've uploaded precompiled libs and Qt to Mega.nz, or you can build it from scratch to prevent any errors, choose what you want.

PRECOMPILED:

1. Precompiled Libs , Precompiled Qt5

Unpack deps.zip contents to C:\deps folder keeping hierarchy , unpack Qt5.zip to C:\Qt keeping hierarchy.

Done with this section.

BUILD FROM SCRATCH:

!!NOTE!! You can speedup process by running make and mingw32-make with -jx flag, where "x" represents the number of your physical processor cores, so it would be like, for example, "make -j4" !!NOTE!!

1. Create folder named "deps" on your drive.
2. Download OpenSSL and unpack it to your newly created "deps" folder.

Open MSYS shell (C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\msys.bat) and execute following, line-by-line:

Code:
cd /c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l
./Configure no-zlib no-shared no-dso no-krb5 no-camellia no-capieng no-cast no-cms no-dtls1 no-gost no-gmp no-heartbeats no-idea no-jpake no-md2 no-mdc2 no-rc5 no-rdrand no-rfc3779 no-rsax no-sctp no-seed no-sha0 no-static_engine no-whirlpool no-rc2 no-rc4 no-ssl2 no-ssl3 mingw
make

Don't close your MSYS shell.

3. Download Berkley DB 4.8 and unpack it to "deps" folder.

In MSYS shell, line-by-line:

Code:
cd /c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-mingw --enable-cxx --disable-shared --disable-replication
make

4. Download Boost 1.57 and unpack it to "deps" folder.

In CMD, line-by-line:

Code:
cd C:\deps\boost_1_57_0\
bootstrap.bat mingw
b2 --build-type=minimal --with-chrono --with-filesystem --with-program_options --with-system --with-thread --layout=versioned -sNO_BZIP2=1 -sNO_ZLIB=1 toolset=gcc variant=release link=static threading=multi target-os=windows threadapi=win32 runtime-link=static stage

5. Download MiniuPnP 1.9 and unpack it to "deps" folder.

In CMD, line-by-line:

Code:
cd C:\deps\miniupnpc-1.9
mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw init upnpc-static

Note that miniupnp is erroring during qt build, so it will be disabled by default, keeping it just for future releases and fixes.

6. Download LibProtobuf and unpack it to "deps" folder.

Code:
cd /c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1
configure --disable-shared
make

7. Download LibPNG and unpack it to "deps" folder.

Code:
cd /c/deps/libpng-1.6.16
configure --disable-shared
make
cp .libs/libpng16.a .libs/libpng.a

8. Download QRencode and unpack it to "deps" folder.

Code:
cd /c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4

LIBS="../libpng-1.6.16/.libs/libpng.a ../../mingw32/i686-w64-mingw32/lib/libz.a" \
png_CFLAGS="-I../libpng-1.6.16" \
png_LIBS="-L../libpng-1.6.16/.libs" \
configure --enable-static --disable-shared --without-tools

make

9. Download QT5Base and QT5Tools, Unpack qtbase-opensource-src-5.3.2 folder (in archive qtbase-opensource-src-5.3.2.7z) contents to C:\Qt\5.3.2 and qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2 folder (in archive qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2.7z) contents to C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2.

In CMD, line-by-line:

Code:
set INCLUDE=C:\deps\libpng-1.6.16;C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1l\include
set LIB=C:\deps\libpng-1.6.16\.libs;C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1l

cd C:\Qt\5.3.2
configure.bat -release -opensource -confirm-license -static -make libs -no-sql-sqlite -no-opengl -system-zlib -qt-pcre -no-icu -no-gif -system-libpng -no-libjpeg -no-freetype -no-angle -no-vcproj -openssl -no-dbus -no-audio-backend -no-wmf-backend -no-qml-debug

mingw32-make

set PATH=%PATH%;C:\Qt\5.3.2\bin

cd C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2
qmake qttools.pro
mingw32-make

Last mingw32-make will throw out an error, it's OK, do following:

In CMD, line-by-line:

Code:
cd C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2\src\linguist\lrelease
qmake lrelease.pro
mingw32-make

After execution, In CMD, line-by-line:

Code:
cd C:\Qt\qttools-opensource-src-5.3.2\src\linguist\lupdate
qmake lupdate.pro
mingw32-make

10. Download GMP and unpack it to "deps" folder.

Code:
cd /c/deps/gmp-6.0.0
MPN_PATH=" i686 generic" CFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -mtune=generic" CXXFLAGS="-O3 -march=native -mtune=generic" ./configure --disable-shared --enable-cxx --host=i686-w64-mingw32
make

Done with this section.

Done with this part.

PART III - Compilation

1. Download Cryptonite source zip from any fork (pallas, krnlx or mine, they're nearly exactly the same) and unpack it to C:\

2. In MSYS shell, code block-by-block:

Code:
cd /c/Cryptonite-master

./autogen.sh

CPPFLAGS="-I/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix \
-I/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l/include \
-I/c/deps \
-I/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src \
-I/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16 \
-I/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4 \
-I/c/deps/gmp-6.0.0" \
LDFLAGS="-L/c/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix \
-L/c/deps/openssl-1.0.1l \
-L/c/deps/miniupnpc-1.9 \
-L/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src/.libs \
-L/c/deps/libpng-1.6.16/.libs \
-L/c/deps/qrencode-3.4.4/.libs \
-L/c/deps/gmp-6.0.0/.libs" \
BOOST_ROOT=/c/deps/boost_1_57_0 \
./configure \
--with-gui \
--disable-upnp-default \
--disable-tests \
--with-qt-incdir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/include \
--with-qt-libdir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/lib \
--with-qt-plugindir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/plugins \
--with-qt-bindir=/c/Qt/5.3.2/bin \
--with-protoc-bindir=/c/deps/protobuf-2.6.1/src

make

strip src/cryptonite-cli.exe
strip src/cryptonited.exe
strip src/qt/cryptonite-qt.exe

!!! Congratulations, you've just built you own Qt-wallet !!!
Activity: 756
Merit: 579
Sources of m7 miner in first post. palginpav have some optimized miner, you can see at GitHub. just I think, this optimize is not finish and can get more hashes. but need to work with it. sp_ have optimized miner (sp-mod #3), but for donation. my 1070 can have 17-18mh/s and I think it`s not all.
The miner in the first post and on pallas' signature is not as fast as you think it is. sp_'s miner is faster, but not as fast as the one you're thinking about. You're not going to find a miner as fast as what you're looking for.
I think, 30mh/s for 1070 is a fake ATM. because someone, like sp_, long ago would have made a donators miner with 30mh/s. but no one make this extreme optimized miner.

Pallas has a private miner optimized by that produces in gtx 1070 up to 36 mh / s but I remember wrong, I do not think pallas lie about this, I wrote him privately, to buy it and he told me, he did not sell it because it is Your reward for having revived XCN, that when you get the profit it deserves, then it will even make it public, because you think he mine alone, although there are two pools?

Hmm well indeed he deservi it! Pallas is a good working guy. We must wait till pallas miner is out for te rest of us!
cryptonite-qt dont like me
they say
Code:
MinGW Runtime Assertion
Assertion failed!
Program: C:\YandexDisk\_farm1\cryptonite-qt.exe File: main.cpp, Line 1464
Expression: 0
Abort
Retry
Ignore
https://yadi.sk/i/aPeLDsZL3M5Xyv

win10 64

Code:
if (!blockCache.ReadBlockFromDisk(block, pindexDelete)){
        printf("Failed to read block1\n");
assert(0);
return state.Abort(_("Failed to read block1"));
}

Assertion failed during assert(0) execution, it's not related to exactly my qt-build, try syncing from scratch. It's known bitcoin-qt problem, and as far as cryptonite-qt is based on bitcoin-qt, this thing successfully migrated  Grin

P.S: start with -reindex on the command line, once, that should fix your existing DB and prevent this kind of errors in future.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 619
Sources of m7 miner in first post. palginpav have some optimized miner, you can see at GitHub. just I think, this optimize is not finish and can get more hashes. but need to work with it. sp_ have optimized miner (sp-mod #3), but for donation. my 1070 can have 17-18mh/s and I think it`s not all.
The miner in the first post and on pallas' signature is not as fast as you think it is. sp_'s miner is faster, but not as fast as the one you're thinking about. You're not going to find a miner as fast as what you're looking for.
I think, 30mh/s for 1070 is a fake ATM. because someone, like sp_, long ago would have made a donators miner with 30mh/s. but no one make this extreme optimized miner.

Pallas has a private miner optimized by that produces in gtx 1070 up to 36 mh / s but I remember wrong, I do not think pallas lie about this, I wrote him privately, to buy it and he told me, he did not sell it because it is Your reward for having revived XCN, that when you get the profit it deserves, then it will even make it public, because you think he mine alone, although there are two pools?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
cryptonite-qt dont like me
they say
Code:
MinGW Runtime Assertion
Assertion failed!
Program: C:\YandexDisk\_farm1\cryptonite-qt.exe File: main.cpp, Line 1464
Expression: 0
Abort
Retry
Ignore
https://yadi.sk/i/aPeLDsZL3M5Xyv

win10 64
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
congrats! it works!

It takes some time here to index blocks, but this pc is slow (win7 64, fx8150, 4gb)  Cry

and no errors so far!!

i guess its normal behaviour that wallet wont close until all miners are disconnected.

let´s try my luck soloing!
Let's wait for some reports then I'll bug bitfreak to update the website.
Got cryptonited on six rigs now and the qt wallet on my PC. Will report back in about 12 hours before going to the airport tomorrow.

I should mention that I can now stop mining on the qt wallet without it crashing, so that's fixed.

Please, test and report. I've tested on several hosts, seems working one, but need more confirmations.

Will create a guide tomorrow, I'm tired now, but it was quite a hard nut to crack for me.
Great work! Absolutely awesome!
legendary
Black Belt Developer
UPDATE https://github.com/palginpav/Cryptonite/releases/tag/0.1.3.0-krnlx

Static qt wallet, updated bins.

FINALY!  Grin Grin Grin

Please, test and report. I've tested no several hosts, seems working one, but need more confirmations.

Thanks very much!
Let's wait for some reports then I'll bug bitfreak to update the website.
UPDATE https://github.com/palginpav/Cryptonite/releases/tag/0.1.3.0-krnlx

Static qt wallet, updated bins.

FINALY!  Grin Grin Grin

Please, test and report. I've tested on several hosts, seems working one, but need more confirmations.

Will create a guide tomorrow, I'm tired now, but it was quite a hard nut to crack for me.
Jump to: