Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 107. (Read 215666 times)

Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
If a spanish translation is needed, i can make it (for free)
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
Funds for bounties are running low.

Please donate to:

CP6uhgcDnXzdgQhnz2q1xhSFMFinmqkQkh

I start with 10K XCN.

Thanks!

Bump!
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Could you explain more on Unmalleable Transactions? Huh

Are you asking about what malleable transactions are or how xcn deals with the problem?

From the first post:
"Cryptonite is the first altcoin to feature unmalleable transactions, in order to avoid any repeat of such undesirable events and allow the transaction ID's to be reliable. This is achieved by having the sender sign the txid and by ensuring the txid will always change when the contents of the transaction changes."
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
has anyone been using the webwallet?
I've only tested sending 200 XCN to and from it. It worked just fine for that, but I haven't tried anything more than that.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
has anyone been using the webwallet?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Funds for bounties are running low.

Please donate to:

CP6uhgcDnXzdgQhnz2q1xhSFMFinmqkQkh

I start with 10K XCN.

Thanks!
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Quick request on a side note:
Could someone please compile the new linux cli wallet with static linkage?
I'd still like to use that for my debian server (xcn-explorer.selektion21.de)

Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
BTC38 has just been notified of the new wallet!
Thanks everybody for helping!
Great news! I'm hoping the new version will solve their problems. But I'm assuming that the people responsible for the wallets aren't working weekends?

I think they are but it's night in China now.

I still can't believe they are running an exchange on windows, do they actually download windows .exe from a trusted source or how are they doing it?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Great news! I'm hoping the new version will solve their problems. But I'm assuming that the people responsible for the wallets aren't working weekends?

I think they are but it's night in China now.
nu1mlock: do you have a wallet in each rig, or rigs connect to just 1 wallet?
I have one wallet per rig. I've also set up my bat files so that they would start mining to each others wallets in case one would crash. Also have another backup wallet just in case.

legendary
Black Belt Developer

Palgin, please PM me your XCN address for the donation. EDIT: sent

Activity: 266
do i have to delete the addnode entries from cryptonite.conf to proper use the new node seeds in latest build? (sorry if this is a noob question)  Embarrassed

If you want to, just to test it fair. I've tested it, works flawlessly, uPnP working too.

Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
do i have to delete the addnode entries from cryptonite.conf to proper use the new node seeds in latest build? (sorry if this is a noob question)  Embarrassed

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Palgin just provided new windows binaries with added seednodes and upnp support, please test!

https://github.com/palginpav/Cryptonite/releases/tag/0.1.3.0-seeds

EDIT: I just created a release on the main git repo, so btc38 will more likely trust it:

https://github.com/pallas1/Cryptonite/releases

About the bounty for him, I think it could be 50,000 XCN, what do you guys think?
I just updated my rigs with the wallet from palgin. It's the same one as the one on the main git though, correct? I don't need to do it all again specifically from your repo?

50k seems absolutely fair to me.

Yes it's the same, I copied the three files to my repo as I don't think we can have the cryptonite.info website updated fast enough (I want to notify btc38 today).
Palgin just provided new windows binaries with added seednodes and upnp support, please test!

EDIT: I just created a release on the main git repo, so btc38 will more likely trust it:

About the bounty for him, I think it could be 50,000 XCN, what do you guys think?
I just updated my rigs with the wallet from palgin. It's the same one as the one on the main git though, correct? I don't need to do it all again specifically from your repo?

50k seems absolutely fair to me.
legendary
Black Belt Developer

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Hi

why in the new version the option isn't active "Map port using UPnP" ?

http://imgur.com/a/Isw5M

Disabled when building.
@palgin could you please enable UPNP in your next windows build? Many thanks!
Activity: 839
Merit: 100
well, this very interesting. Net hashrate is 14.6 gh/s. block diff is 800k - 840k (some times 900k). I have 12gtx1060 (1 card is out ATM). and 1 gtx 1070. I can mine on pool ~2350 - 2550 coins. I try to solo mine with old and new wallet`s. but for 24hours I not found any blocks! by current diff need to have 20 - 25 1080ti or more for profitable solo mining. but pool mining more profitable, anyway!
coin have dump by all exchanges, btc38 include. if we compare sigt and xcn, I go mine sigt ($25 from sigt vs $15 from xcn). so, where is "very profitable"? I realy don`t understand, sometimes I read post`s from some coins about very profitable solo  mining, I go to try, but no blocks. why peoples say about it? only new coin can have big profit from solo mine, but only few time. xcn is old coin, big net hr, big diff. where is big profit from solo?
Well, I have 36x GTX 1080 Ti's and my own rigs and wallets are more stable than Suprnova's pool (at least during the time where it was constantly going up and down). I get the same amount of coins every day regardless if I use a pool or solo mine. But I agree, if you have less cards, it might feel more profitable to use a pool. While the profitability is the same, you get coins faster in a pool (although less coins more often). And of course, there's the advantage of not having to set anything up yourself if you just use a pool.

If you mined for 24 hours with 12x 1060's without finding a single block, you were either extremely unlucky or had configured something wrong.

I've added some seed nodes to the wallet. Initial sync will be more reliable and faster.
if palgin can do the last windows compile with this little modification, then I will quickly notify btc38 and the other exchanges/pools.
I'm sure palgin will come to the rescue soon! Although it should be easy and quick for btc38 to deploy the new wallet, I'm having my doubts as to how quickly they will.

36*TI's Huh oO
Sounds incredible.. I have just one Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi

why in the new version the option isn't active "Map port using UPnP" ?

http://imgur.com/a/Isw5M
well, this very interesting. Net hashrate is 14.6 gh/s. block diff is 800k - 840k (some times 900k). I have 12gtx1060 (1 card is out ATM). and 1 gtx 1070. I can mine on pool ~2350 - 2550 coins. I try to solo mine with old and new wallet`s. but for 24hours I not found any blocks! by current diff need to have 20 - 25 1080ti or more for profitable solo mining. but pool mining more profitable, anyway!
coin have dump by all exchanges, btc38 include. if we compare sigt and xcn, I go mine sigt ($25 from sigt vs $15 from xcn). so, where is "very profitable"? I realy don`t understand, sometimes I read post`s from some coins about very profitable solo  mining, I go to try, but no blocks. why peoples say about it? only new coin can have big profit from solo mine, but only few time. xcn is old coin, big net hr, big diff. where is big profit from solo?
Well, I have 36x GTX 1080 Ti's and my own rigs and wallets are more stable than Suprnova's pool (at least during the time where it was constantly going up and down). I get the same amount of coins every day regardless if I use a pool or solo mine. But I agree, if you have less cards, it might feel more profitable to use a pool. While the profitability is the same, you get coins faster in a pool (although less coins more often). And of course, there's the advantage of not having to set anything up yourself if you just use a pool.

If you mined for 24 hours with 12x 1060's without finding a single block, you were either extremely unlucky or had configured something wrong.

I've added some seed nodes to the wallet. Initial sync will be more reliable and faster.
if palgin can do the last windows compile with this little modification, then I will quickly notify btc38 and the other exchanges/pools.
I'm sure palgin will come to the rescue soon! Although it should be easy and quick for btc38 to deploy the new wallet, I'm having my doubts as to how quickly they will.
Jump to: