Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 122. (Read 215666 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
new blockchain snapshot: https://mega.nz/#!4dgXFZTT!57fdJCtlFzt2J9y5f_eChDzUZ2oHUPThH78IiGApU6I
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I dont wonder if btc38 is windows based  Roll Eyes

hehe yeah it is, and it is part of the problem Wink
Activity: 243
Merit: 105
I dont wonder if btc38 is windows based  Roll Eyes
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
You mine xcn in the hope that they will repair the wallet?
Yes.
I`m think, they repair wallet when big man`s play enough for "big xcn traders"...weeks, months...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
You mine xcn in the hope that they will repair the wallet?
Yes.
...st**id btc38!!! how can be, if xcn wallet`s broken, how people`s can trade with xcn? or it`s only for big man`s?
People can trade XCN because they don't need a wallet for that. It's just numbers so the traded XCN is simply "on their account" until the wallet starts functioning. As long as you have any other currency you can trade for XCN back and forth, but you can't deposit or withdraw XCN itself.

I'm hoping that they'll fix their wallet soon, so I'm still mining.
You mine xcn in the hope that they will repair the wallet? In Russia they say - hope dies last.
...st**id btc38!!! how can be, if xcn wallet`s broken, how people`s can trade with xcn? or it`s only for big man`s?
People can trade XCN because they don't need a wallet for that. It's just numbers so the traded XCN is simply "on their account" until the wallet starts functioning. As long as you have any other currency you can trade for XCN back and forth, but you can't deposit or withdraw XCN itself.

I'm hoping that they'll fix their wallet soon, so I'm still mining.
on bter.com: 258 sat for 1 xcn Huh hahahahaaaaA  Cry

it is much more than some months ago, and considering that btc has tripled value, the value in USD is 10x one year ago.
hmm. strange pump in june month. all other time normal price in 50 - 300 sats.
well, at this moment I`m not mine xcn. signatum give 2x profit vs xcn.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Is this "x days behind" bug windows only? I have never seen it on linux but on windows it happens every now and then. Anyone with linux & days behind?

Maybe it's because of QT, did you try windows version without gui?

Without qt-gui it hasn't stucked yet, sometimes it slows down and is left 5-20 blocks behind, then all of a sudden it catches up. I wonder if this is the point where it does this "x days behind", it just never catches up the blockchain and is stucked to some random block.

I'm back to my wallets later today, left them alone last weekend, we'll see how they are doing today.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
on bter.com: 258 sat for 1 xcn Huh hahahahaaaaA  Cry

it is much more than some months ago, and considering that btc has tripled value, the value in USD is 10x one year ago.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Is this "x days behind" bug windows only? I have never seen it on linux but on windows it happens every now and then. Anyone with linux & days behind?

Maybe it's because of QT, did you try windows version without gui?
legendary

Did you edit cryptonite.conf file in windows or used stock version?

I have tried pretty much everything, stock/ custom .conf, ports, router settings, locked/ unlocked...

Also, anyone with encrypted wallet.dat that at some point crashes to "Error: System error: CDB : Error -30974, can't open database wallet.dat"?

on bter.com: 258 sat for 1 xcn Huh hahahahaaaaA  Cry
Activity: 243
Merit: 105

Did you edit cryptonite.conf file in windows or used stock version?
legendary
Activity: 299
Ah sorry my bad, I thought the attacker finally stopped and I disabled the monitoring script.

Back up now.
Not directed at Ocminer by the way, I do accept it is an actual attack.

I do not see the validity of using resources to DDoS'ing a pool. It's not a smart idea for a long term plan.
Unless someone wants the coin to die, makes no sense to try to horde for the hopes of solo mining, with a large farm.
Popularity of a coin is what helps to drive the price...

As with BTC38 and the wallet issue. I am wondering if there is something more to it.
I still see trading being conducted, with supposedly a faulty wallet.
Hummm....

I did give a try with a corrupted wallet, and the trick to just list suprnova's site in the config file, made it work.
So again, this makes me ponder and wonder.

I second that, I did tried fixing the wallet with connect=xc.suprnova.cc Solution suggested by Krnlx and it worked perfectly. my wallet was stuck at "4 days left" maybe it was on a bad fork.
I think they mean their technical staff.
I'm not so sure. When I asked if they meant their technical staff or coin developer, this is what they replied. I'm not sure if "XCN administrator" means their own staff. However, as usual it's a bit cryptic:

We want to know why the bugs that come up require the blockchain packets provided by the XCN administrator. To recover. We can prove it to be no problem.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Yeah I guess that is what it all means.
Along with the BTC wallet is out of commission currently.
So perhaps it has to due with the BCC fork.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Received a reply from BTC38 support, "Hello, sorry, XCN wallet repair, has been suspended"
It's really hard to figure out what they actually mean. Because from your reply it sounds like they have stopped trying to fix the wallet.

However, when I asked if they had stopped trying (after I read your reply) they said:
"No, it needs official administrator to fix it after opening, please wait Smiley"

I'm guessing "official administrator" means Pallas (I don't think they mean their internal administrator), but it could mean anything really.

I think they mean their technical staff.
Received a reply from BTC38 support, "Hello, sorry, XCN wallet repair, has been suspended"
It's really hard to figure out what they actually mean. Because from your reply it sounds like they have stopped trying to fix the wallet.

However, when I asked if they had stopped trying (after I read your reply) they said:
"No, it needs official administrator to fix it after opening, please wait Smiley"

I'm guessing "official administrator" means Pallas (I don't think they mean their internal administrator), but it could mean anything really.
Jump to: