Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 210. (Read 215635 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
I downloaded the QT wallet on the official website, and then synchronized update a few days, today updated. Then close, and then re open the wallet, the above problems

That error message doesn't tell a lot, it just means that the headers it got are more than 1000 blocks newer than the current active block.
It also means that the trie is active and OK.
I need more information from the debug.log file, could you post more of it?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I downloaded the QT wallet on the official website, and then synchronized update a few days, today updated. Then close, and then re open the wallet, the above problems
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Re open wallet display :warning:saved state too old.Fast forward sync may not be possible.Run Resync!!!

Downloading blocks... 1394882 behind-may need resync-Click to resync

How long did you left the wallet closed?
Re open wallet display :warning:saved state too old.Fast forward sync may not be possible.Run Resync!!!

Downloading blocks... 1394882 behind-may need resync-Click to resync
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Not B troll & do something!
Coinmarketcap just updated XCN info with the new BE and ANN link Smiley

Pallas, did you happen to send the coin request to Bittrex? And did Bitfreak pass you the control of Twitter account?

P.S. And btw, someone has to really explain to btc38 in their native language about the wallet, cuz:

"service staff 小妮: Hello, XCN wallet malfunction, suspended deposit and deposit, please operation after the repair, to inconvenience you, I'm very sorry."

upd.
BTC38 support last answer: "service staff 小妮: Wallet can normal open and synchronization, but can't import the old wallet data, shown as "unknown", can you solve?"

I still don't understand what they can't see: old transactions? old addresses?
I already sent them the blockchain snapshot link, it should include the block data they need.
Or, maybe, their wallet is corrupted, difficult to understand. They should have backups, though.
old wallet.dat can not import the new program
no old transactions and old addresses

The database library, used to make the wallet dat file, is unchanged (from the old windows wallet binary).
There is no reason it should not load, unless it is corrupted.
Could you try a wallet backup?

Other ideas:

- export private keys from old wallet to new one
- usa a blockchain snapshot to load old transactions (syncing from scratch will not load transactions older than two weeks, because of how mini-blockchain works); see first post for snapshot links
- use your old blockchain, if available and not corrupted
- try "repairwallet" (of course do a backup beforehand)

service staff 豆豆:  Hello, OK, we have prompt relevant staff dealt with as soon as possible, we also hope to be able to repair as soon as possible.
(03-29 21:29) about this ticket, you feel: good | ordinary | bad
legendary
Black Belt Developer

Pallas, did you happen to send the coin request to Bittrex? And did Bitfreak pass you the control of Twitter account?

P.S. And btw, someone has to really explain to btc38 in their native language about the wallet, cuz:

"service staff 小妮: Hello, XCN wallet malfunction, suspended deposit and deposit, please operation after the repair, to inconvenience you, I'm very sorry."

upd.
BTC38 support last answer: "service staff 小妮: Wallet can normal open and synchronization, but can't import the old wallet data, shown as "unknown", can you solve?"

I already sent them the blockchain snapshot link, it should include the block data they need.
Or, maybe, their wallet is corrupted, difficult to understand. They should have backups, though.

The database library, used to make the wallet dat file, is unchanged (from the old windows wallet binary).
There is no reason it should not load, unless it is corrupted.
Could you try a wallet backup?

Other ideas:

- export private keys from old wallet to new one
- usa a blockchain snapshot to load old transactions (syncing from scratch will not load transactions older than two weeks, because of how mini-blockchain works); see first post for snapshot links
- use your old blockchain, if available and not corrupted
- try "repairwallet" (of course do a backup beforehand)
Activity: 109

upd.

legendary
Black Belt Developer
I explained the mini-blockchain to BTC38 again:

"Hello, thank you very much for your information, we will try."

At least they are trying to make it work fully, and not enabling the wallet without having all the transactions accredited (as people would expect).
legendary
Black Belt Developer

From what I understood, their main concern is that when you sync from the scratch, older transactions are shown as "Unknown". So I also provided them with an older snapshot...

Thanks.
Even better if they use their old blockchain, but I guess it got corrupted with the old wallet binary.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

From what I understood, their main concern is that when you sync from the scratch, older transactions are shown as "Unknown". So I also provided them with an older snapshot...
legendary
Black Belt Developer

upd.

legendary
legendary

upd.
Activity: 115
Not B troll & do something!
@pallas do you send the email  to btc38  explaning this .... ?

Hi,

What do they mean by "records"? Accounts, transactions? If the latter, it may be because they synced from scratch, so the mini-blockchain didn't download all the transactions on purpose. If that's the case, they can use their old blockchain or this one:

https://mega.nz/#!VcgkwBrT!NW9Pjz3yF8cxKpkQpwJn4RE83NoMriyl69IrpqWG8bM

for me goin write to then later asking how is goin on....
Activity: 140
melea:new wallet working fine. when is fixed here? http://cryptonite.info/?page=download

it already links to the newest wallet.

when is fixed here.?    on btc38 i mean.  Wink

I just replied to your PM, looks like BTC38 sent you some additional information about their issues which they didn't tell me (I wonder why...).
They might be having troubles finding old transactions because of the mini-blockchain, but that is easily solved by downloading a blockchain snapshot like the ones in the first post.

someone who speaks chinese can please explain it to them? thanks!

You can use google translate, english to chinese (simplified).
If you write in shorts sentences, it works very well.
I've talked many times with bter like this, always understood each other.
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
marked. glad to see new dev.
 I still hold some XCN in btc38.com.
Has been stuck in the "loading data block index" interface, more than ten minutes or so.

But does the log grow, i.e. does it download blocks?
Keep in mind that catching up takes much longer than initial sync.
Cheesy Cheesy Has been opened and is now updated to twenty weeks ago
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Has been stuck in the "loading data block index" interface, more than ten minutes or so.

But does the log grow, i.e. does it download blocks?
Keep in mind that catching up takes much longer than initial sync.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Cryptonite version v0.1.2.0-gedc4e25-beta (Tue, 21 Mar 2017 15:34:46 +0100)
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1l 15 Jan 2015
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Default data directory C:\Users\zheng\AppData\Roaming\Cryptonite
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Using data directory C:\Users\zheng\AppData\Roaming\Cryptonite
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Using at most 125 connections (2048 file descriptors available)
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Using 4 threads for script verification
2017-03-28 13:35:51 Using wallet wallet.dat
2017-03-28 13:35:51 init message: 正在检测钱包的完整性...
2017-03-28 13:35:51 CDBEnv::Open : LogDir=C:\Users\zheng\AppData\Roaming\Cryptonite\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\zheng\AppData\Roaming\Cryptonite\db.log
2017-03-28 13:35:52 Bound to [::]:8253
2017-03-28 13:35:52 Bound to 0.0.0.0:8253
2017-03-28 13:35:52 init message: 正在加载数据块索引...
2017-03-28 13:35:52 Opening LevelDB in C:\Users\zheng\AppData\Roaming\Cryptonite\blocks\index
2017-03-28 13:35:52 Opened LevelDB successfully
2017-03-28 13:35:52 Loaded trie at 0000000023c2fef5b48924df40bfc6c838e13c1b5d57664513b21661b0f5c2f4 8303

that's ok, just wait a bit.
Jump to: