Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 212. (Read 215400 times)

legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
Also submitted the request to Poloniex, Bittrex, Livecoin and Yobit. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
withdraws are working on BTER...
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I trade on bter for almost a year now, just after that hack.
It is a "ghost" exchange.
Couple of guys trying to keep it in order.
If you talk nice,and know with whom, things get solved.
If not, you get stucked for weeks.
it is my personal opinion, i do not personally know this guys.
legendary
no  bter.com  ?

I didn't use bter for a long time, I heard they blocked deposits but withdrawals are working.
Can someone confirm that? I will send them a notice anyways, just so they know there is a new wallet.

Yes they did block deposits for some reason. Replied to me that I kept my eye on my wallet. Probably will re-enable those soon.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
no  bter.com  ?

I didn't use bter for a long time, I heard they blocked deposits but withdrawals are working.
Can someone confirm that? I will send them a notice anyways, just so they know there is a new wallet.
that is good
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
no  bter.com  ?

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
If you sync using an old snapshot it may take a while depending on how old your snapshot is because I believe it will try to download all the blocks it has missed. However doing a fresh sync should take about an hour or less if you have good network connectivity, which is very fast when you consider how long any other coin which is several years old will take to synchronize. I haven't synced Bitcoin in a very long time but I've read it now takes several days even with a fast connection.

Confirmed - syncing from scratch has gone really fast! Smiley

Everything looks fine: I've contacted both btc38 and poloniex (again).
If they don't deliver, I will reach to novaexchange (which is small but trusted and advanced) and bittrex, maybe yobit.
Advices are welcome, as well as help in exchanges submission.

Don't see why btc38 would not re-enable deposits and withdrawals this time. The wallet works very smooth.

Among other exchanges I would place them by priority in that list:
0. Poloniex Grin
1. Bittrex
2. Novaexchange
3. Livecoin
4. Yobit
5. Cryptopia.

no  bter.com  ?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
This coin is a peach in a basket of lemons. Why does it not make jam?
legendary
If you sync using an old snapshot it may take a while depending on how old your snapshot is because I believe it will try to download all the blocks it has missed. However doing a fresh sync should take about an hour or less if you have good network connectivity, which is very fast when you consider how long any other coin which is several years old will take to synchronize. I haven't synced Bitcoin in a very long time but I've read it now takes several days even with a fast connection.

Confirmed - syncing from scratch has gone really fast! Smiley

If they don't deliver, I will reach to novaexchange (which is small but trusted and advanced) and bittrex, maybe yobit.

Don't see why btc38 would not re-enable deposits and withdrawals this time. The wallet works very smooth.

Among other exchanges I would place them by priority in that list:
0. Poloniex Grin
1. Bittrex
2. Novaexchange
3. Livecoin
4. Yobit
5. Cryptopia.

legendary
Black Belt Developer
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
The only downsides are that the syncing process is a bit slow (when you sync from scratch or some older blockchain snapshot) and it sometimes freezes while syncing.

Sync from scratch is much faster like from some old snapshot so I can confirm it. After 30 mins I had fully synced blockchain from scratch.
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
The only downsides are that the syncing process is a bit slow (when you sync from scratch or some older blockchain snapshot) and it sometimes freezes while syncing.
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Tnx for the new wallet
Send and receive work fine
Really great job.
Activity: 431
Merit: 105
Hi guys, thanks for the updated wallet.

this stuff does work great, far more better,. stabler handling, and to tell ya the truth,
this wallet does receive send great, but also mines the blocks, etc
and keep having 8 connections all the time,.

Smiley Smiley

While being waiting to hear that we would be able to exchange this between exchanges,
nice price stable uptrend, soon no more coins left at bter to start with.
 Cool

In windows till so far, works flawlessly,., as usual.
legendary
Thanks George5 for the report.
Syncing can be improved: it closes connections with peers too easily and may temporarily be left without connections. Catching up with a partial chain is a bit slow and can surely be sped up. But I consider both as medium priority, while restoring the exchanges as high priority.
I'd like to see a couple more reports and then I will notify btc38 about the new wallet.
I'm still waiting for a reply from poloniex, rest assured I will bother them to death before giving up! :-)

Sounds good man. I agree that the exchanges is now a priority for XCN.
Keep up the good work!
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Thanks George5 for the report.
Syncing can be improved: it closes connections with peers too easily and may temporarily be left without connections. Catching up with a partial chain is a bit slow and can surely be sped up. But I consider both as medium priority, while restoring the exchanges as high priority.
I'd like to see a couple more reports and then I will notify btc38 about the new wallet.
I'm still waiting for a reply from poloniex, rest assured I will bother them to death before giving up! :-)
legendary
New wallet works good. The coins are being sent and received flawlessly. Wallet backup also works great.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Good job guys! Smiley

P.S. Pallas, have you heard back from Poloniex regarding your request? And maybe tried to contact Bittrex as well?
Activity: 96
Merit: 25
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
Hey guys, please give the new Windows wallet a try if you're on Windows, it should be a whole lot more stable now and syncing should work first try, but we want a bit of feedback so we know it will work for the exchanges (apparently some exchanges actually use Windows binaries). Even if you're using an old linux binary you should update your wallet because the sync fix by pallas will make syncing (from scratch) work better for all versions of the wallet.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
NEW WINDOWS WALLET BINARY NOW AVAILABLE

Sorry for the long wait, but we had to clear all the dependancy issues and stuff.
All windows users please update to the new version and report your experience with it.
Thanks to bitfreak! who provided the build environment and made it possible.

Warning

The wallet has been tested by ourselves but be careful, at least until the community has reviewed it enough.
As always, backup your wallet periodically and before any software update.

DOWNLOAD PAGE

Changes

- Fixed sync from scratch (from github) and other sync related issues (windows specific)
- Fixed wallet backup feature (from github)
- Updated all the libraries to newer versions (for speed and compatibility)

Thanks to everybody who helped make this coin alive and well again!

Jump to: