Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite - NEW Thread | 1st mini-blockchain coin | Bounties! - page 214. (Read 215400 times)

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
anyone worried about bter disabled deposits?

I will contact them ASAP. Probably the usual wallet issues.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
anyone worried about bter disabled deposits?
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Here is compiled latest source from pallas with trie fix (daemon and cli utility):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yu02z078n74q72b/AACNE5ef52h6rRAcam7XqjEfa?dl=0

Thanks!
Could you please describe the build, if static or dynamic and which OS?
Activity: 176
Here is compiled latest source from pallas with trie fix (daemon and cli utility):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yu02z078n74q72b/AACNE5ef52h6rRAcam7XqjEfa?dl=0

Activity: 140
xcn deposit disabled on bter.
withdraws still works, i've checked.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
anyone have instruction for setting up pool that can support for XCN?

I don't think anybody ever written some kind of instructions, but I can introduce you to some aspects you will need to consider:

- PoW algo: M7 is used to hash the block header, so you will need to add the related routines.
- Block header: there are some differences between the classic bitcoin header and XCNs, for example some fields are double the size (es. 64 bit nonce vs 32). That will affect merkle root generation and hash
- There appears to be some issues with getblocktemplate on the wallet: it is different than recent implementations and/or has some incompatibilities with standard implementations by the pool software
- The miner software is a mixed bag: for example it uses 32 bit nonces just like with other coins and doesn't support getblocktemplate.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
anyone have instruction for setting up pool that can support for XCN?
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Great!

Now it only has to stay this way (which over time is the most work) Cool
-> I'd still be thankful for a statically linked exe. Or some help installing libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' / 2.14. I tried once but all I found online ended up not working or requiring me to compile from scratch. The only way working so far is by using a trial version of Ermine - which only works because the expiration resets when redownloading it and recreating the static exe. Not really perfect for a server ... The license is way too expensive.
Maybe Docker is a way to do it - but I have never used that stuff at all. And my vserver doesn't support it yet/nor does it come with a license.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
The cron job was still active. Just needed some time to get back on top of it as it seems.
I just checked an address and it shows me the details.

Yes it works now! Just sent you an XCN beer ;-)
The cron job was still active. Just needed some time to get back on top of it as it seems.
I just checked an address and it shows me the details.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
Thanks. It's starting up. Looking good. Hopefully that gets the explorer back online.

Thanks very much! It looks to be synced.
Maybe you need to run the usual cron job:

error: /cron/parse_txs.php cron job is not running
Activity: 196
Merit: 15
Thanks. It's starting up. Looking good. Hopefully that gets the explorer back online.

A good news after a while
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003
A statically compiled version of the wallet would be MUCH appreciated, thanks! Whenever you find the time Smiley

edit: explorer is running again (for now). Still syncing though but seems to work, let's see ...
I really should update my VM to ubuntu. But don't want to touch it as it's running fine otherwise. Maybe I'll get another one some day.

Code:
./trusty_amd64_cryptonited_14091021: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.15' not found
./trusty_amd64_cryptonited_14091021: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.14' not found

That stuff is the missing db48, isn't it?

edit: doesn't sync - can someone provide a snapshot, pls? For the old wallet?
Activity: 186
Well, you're quite right, though I do strongly recommend consistent db version for whatever use.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I don't think there is any reason to compile with bdb 4.8 on a block explorer machine, which is unlikely to even use the coins. The current version will be good.
Activity: 186
No it won't work. I got it running on ubuntu 14.04 on a different PC but it doesn't start on Debian. Missing some libraries. Hence the need to statify.
Maybe I'll have to install the whole compiling overhead on the production server :/

My other server won't start any more - and fault finding based on dad's error descriptions is a challenge, even though he's gotten real good at that stuff. Will keep you posted.

It's quite easy to get libs installed on linux and compile the source. Only one special thing is db48, which is probably now unavailable to debian; however, it's quite easy to compile it, and tell ./configure where to look for db48.

It's also possible to run ubuntu binary on debian; again all matters are where to find the libs.  Use "ldd" to find out what's missing, and install them or use symbol link to sort out things would make it work, though I do recommend compiling the source directly.

I can compile a binary with db48 statically linked on my debian box if one needs that and also I have to find a time. Let me know if this is needed.
No it won't work. I got it running on ubuntu 14.04 on a different PC but it doesn't start on Debian. Missing some libraries. Hence the need to statify.
Maybe I'll have to install the whole compiling overhead on the production server :/

My other server won't start any more - and fault finding based on dad's error descriptions is a challenge, even though he's gotten real good at that stuff. Will keep you posted.
legendary
Black Belt Developer
I don't have any compilation environment available for Debian and I'd rather not install all that stuff onto the production server. If anyone could compile the new wallet for Debian 7.0 (or statically linked) that would fix my current issue, too Wink

I'm using ubuntu 16.04, any chance my binary works for you?
Jump to: