Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 245. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 500
No one can blame no one because due to ilegal pools managed by greedy people they are abusing the faucet model, and being able to collect atleast 50% if not more from the daily distribution, soo if faucets distribution ends it will allow the coin to grow into value, and allow developers to focus into improvements instead waste their time changing the captchas and trying to stop bots and pools abuse.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
The bots already know how to work with the audio change that they go little by little change the audio put something better

I don't know if it's really the bots are to be blamed, but I know there are sites that pays bitcoin/satoshis directly to a certain microwallet to people solving XRB captchas/audio captchas and they still exists today. Some people actually choose to use them because they pay bitcoin directly but at a lower rate.

i one of those who started at a pool but after they change to audio i search and found that its better doing solo mining. the rise in TH as i see it not because of bot just like me i hate that fucking audio but human can adapt. its so frustrating from the beginning my mistake is much more that correct im always at the red flag but after a day or two even the lowest sound of a number hidden in that fucking background you can identify it.
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
RaiBlocks. The People's Crypto!
The bots already know how to work with the audio change that they go little by little change the audio put something better

I don't know if it's really the bots are to be blamed, but I know there are sites that pays bitcoin/satoshis directly to a certain microwallet to people solving XRB captchas/audio captchas and they still exists today. Some people actually choose to use them because they pay bitcoin directly but at a lower rate.
Activity: 46
it seems all is waiting for the october 15 announcement many are speculating. as see above post questioning how xrb distributed. all of them telling how back to the future the way the coin is distributed. all of them have intensions they see the potential of the coin and they want to maximize they earnings. we all know how crypto coin works bitcoin survive because it self genarating coin.cut the supply and the coin will die as many coin that pass.
Activity: 9
Activity: 140
Invest here while waiting and mining in raiblocks. Site pays. https://www.auroramine.com/?ref=77171

Please read the rules, don't post ref links or you will get banned.
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
Bittrex or deaaaaaathhhh
lol

/EMO

soon..................  Grin
Activity: 197
Merit: 190
Bittrex or deaaaaaathhhh
lol

/EMO

I think you've summarised the general feeling of most of the investors at this point. lol
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
Oh my God! Raiblocks still using that outdated mode of distribution? The faucet idea is past its prime. There are better ways to distibute XRB. Why not distribute it to Byteball holders or IOTA holders. Even to other coins like Doge whatever.

There should be better distribution than giving it out to Byteball, IOTA, and Doge holders. The whales are waiting.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
Why not distribute it to Byteball holders or IOTA holders. Even to other coins like Doge whatever.
Limited to people already using crypto. And huge advantage to whales
Note: Byteball & IOTA were launched after XRB
However bustedsynx has some point here, faucet based distribution is thing of the past.
We well saw how classic, image captcha puzzles turned the site in to bot-fest.
Now the puzzles are absurdly hard and price is not reflecting this difficulty at all.
I feel like solving this captchas beside generating some income for me is without actual sense, that dull, repetive and not easy work is a work that doesn't benefit community. No adds so its not even bringing profits to devs.
All those hours of clicking could bring something more! Develop something, like AI, databases, cataloguing deep sky pictures, you know some stuff that humanity as a whole could have a profit from.
Just saying... you will do as you pleased  Kiss
Activity: 630
Why not distribute it to Byteball holders or IOTA holders. Even to other coins like Doge whatever.
Limited to people already using crypto. And huge advantage to whales
Note: Byteball & IOTA were launched after XRB
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
Bitway.net - The Best Bitcoin Mining Network
Oh my God! Raiblocks still using that outdated mode of distribution? The faucet idea is past its prime. There are better ways to distibute XRB. Why not distribute it to Byteball holders or IOTA holders. Even to other coins like Doge whatever.
sadly, but what to expect? i think this is the best one Smiley
dunno about dev, they always making inovation about this coin. thats what i like.
Activity: 859
Merit: 251
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
Bittrex or deaaaaaathhhh
lol

/EMO
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
the threshold is rising up again, around 1300+ now  Sad
so it seems pool has figure out how to break the audio captcha?
or perhaps at least they able to help user solve current audio captcha
I noticed the XRB russian thread has pretty active discussion
but even with google translate, I still can't understand half of it
anyone care to share some good discussion there in english here

We just trying to figure out Who Framed Roger Rabbit  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 8
What i don't get is that why don't devs fix the TH and per account xrb coins to a certain number (like 1000 for TH and 80 for Xrb) and yes change it whenever they want, so when they see bots getting back again only the voice captcha will be required to change. When i last visited raiblocks site the xrb distribution percent was around 33 and after a month or so its 35 something, so only a 2% a month gain in xrb distribution not to mention the coin rate that went down from 3500 sat to 1680 just now (so >50%), yeah ppl gonna say every coin dropped but that was 15 days back and take a look at altcoins value now and decide yourself. I have no idea how many coins devs want to distribute but at this rate it will take months to even get to 50% and who knows what will be the value of xrb coin at that time, as there is no limit on the wallet, so the ppl can sell as many coins they have and claim again....

My only question is where do they want to reach?
And my concern is When they do reach the desired xrb distribution, will there be any value left of the coin?
Why can't they limit the ppl from selling this coin by putting limits on the wallet?

By this pattern ppl are getting a message:- claim this coin > Sell this coin to btc or other altcoins> Claim again> Sell again
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
the threshold is rising up again, around 1300+ now  Sad
so it seems pool has figure out how to break the audio captcha?
or perhaps at least they able to help user solve current audio captcha
I noticed the XRB russian thread has pretty active discussion
but even with google translate, I still can't understand half of it
anyone care to share some good discussion there in english here
Activity: 938

I was wondering if it's hard to program a script that airdrops coins based on how much one has in it's wallet.
Frontiers list could be used to pull the % to distribute to each wallet; and we could have DAILY airdrops, following the inflactionary scheme that is already in use for the faucet.

It would be an incentive for people to hold their coins like in POS; and exchanges that usually gather lot of coins from their users, would get an advantage listing Raiblocks as they get a lot of XRB daily.
Therefore would be easyer for us to get on bigger exchanges.

This would be better then faucet, soo big holders, investors would be able to sell some coins to others, soo they could acess the distribution as others, the faucet cant keep that way pools mining paying unrealistic values to the workers and getting all the distribution. Light wallet should make transactions possible without any issue at all and i know developers are taking care of those, trying to improve the system.
Activity: 325
Merit: 250

I was wondering if it's hard to program a script that airdrops coins based on how much one has in it's wallet.
Frontiers list could be used to pull the % to distribute to each wallet; and we could have DAILY airdrops, following the inflactionary scheme that is already in use for the faucet.

It would be an incentive for people to hold their coins like in POS; and exchanges that usually gather lot of coins from their users, would get an advantage listing Raiblocks as they get a lot of XRB daily.

While this might be a really cool idea, it would put a lot of stress on the network and the server that handles transactions.
BUT, you could set a threshold that only accounts with >N (e.g N = 10000 XRB) get a daily payment.
Maybe you could make a weekly payment, so fewer tx would be needed.

With this solution,
- holding would be incentivised until distribution is over.
- buying more coins would be rewarded
- but it would also favour the "rich are getting richer" scheme...

Well, if the newtork is stressed for a few thousand transaction/day added by this hypotetical airdrop, then it means raiblocks is not good for a production environment.
But I think it is, and that those extra transaction won't be a problem! Smiley
As for the rich getting richer... well, POS works the same way but still widely used.

It's a lot of stress for the servers doing the POW to prevent tx spam. One tx needs ~5s POW.
We now have 120.000.000XRB.
Even if we limit the distribution to accounts with >1000XRB, there are potentially ~100.000 eligle accounts . This equals 100.000tx /day only for distribution. That's huge volume for a single server to handle.

The network should not be a problem :-)
If you don't limit eligible accounts, attackers could create many accounts with a low balance, whixh would result in even more transactions.

To put it into perspective: today there are 24*200 = 4800tx/day to do the distribution

Good point, you're right!
Maybe, if a setup similar to this one is used, is then a good solution to limit the accounts airdroppe:)
Activity: 110

While this might be a really cool idea, it would put a lot of stress on the network and the server that handles transactions.
BUT, you could set a threshold that only accounts with >N (e.g N = 10000 XRB) get a daily payment.
Maybe you could make a weekly payment, so fewer tx would be needed.

With this solution,
- holding would be incentivised until distribution is over.
- buying more coins would be rewarded
- but it would also favour the "rich are getting richer" scheme...

Well, if the newtork is stressed for a few thousand transaction/day added by this hypotetical airdrop, then it means raiblocks is not good for a production environment.
But I think it is, and that those extra transaction won't be a problem! Smiley
As for the rich getting richer... well, POS works the same way but still widely used.

It's a lot of stress for the servers doing the POW to prevent tx spam. One tx needs ~5s POW.
We now have 120.000.000XRB.
Even if we limit the distribution to accounts with >1000XRB, there are potentially ~100.000 eligle accounts . This equals 100.000tx /day only for distribution. That's huge volume for a single server to handle.

The network should not be a problem :-)
If you don't limit eligible accounts, attackers could create many accounts with a low balance, whixh would result in even more transactions.

To put it into perspective: today there are 24*200 = 4800tx/day to do the distribution
Jump to: