Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 367. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Hi all. I'm curious about how the RaiBlocks faucet works behind the scene. Why does RaiBlocks itself need people to help solve captchas? And why doesn't Bitcoin itself need people to help solve captchas?
It's fair enough distribition method available for everyone. RaiBlocks code ifself doesn't require faucet

But why do the developers of RaiBlocks want us to solve captchas for them?

You don't understand this. This is a simply way in orden to distribution all the coins, like the mining is on ither coins.
Bur this system is far easy to everyone, and more fair than usual mining (like bitcoin).

If your are lazy, its not my fault Smiley

Do you mean that, when we are solving captchas on the RaiBlocks Faucet, we are mining RaiBlocks?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hi all. I'm curious about how the RaiBlocks faucet works behind the scene. Why does RaiBlocks itself need people to help solve captchas? And why doesn't Bitcoin itself need people to help solve captchas?
It's fair enough distribition method available for everyone. RaiBlocks code ifself doesn't require faucet

You don't understand this. This is a simply way in orden to distribution all the coins, like the mining is on ither coins.
Bur this system is far easy to everyone, and more fair than usual mining (like bitcoin).

If your are lazy, its not my fault Smiley

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
can I used my own xrb wallet to solve for captcha?

This question is resolved
Activity: 43

Sure, just open your wallet (download from website or use the webwallet) and enter that addres on the faucet page
Activity: 282
Merit: 250
Activity: 9

Thanks for your reply. Already solved. Google detected unusual behavior and blocked me from getting captcha images. What i had to do, to fix it, was to open console on chrome browser and then follow a link from an error message and pass additional captcha to prove i'm a human. Going trough hundreds of images of road signs and cars make you act like a robot eventually.

I like the proof of human concept, but is it any profitable to do this thing? How many coins can i make per day if i stay on top 150 accounts list?
What's wrong with the faucet? Can't make any claims for last 2 hours. Internet connection is fine, but Captcha just won't show up. Is anyone else having this issue?
https://faucet.raiblockscommunity.net/wiki.php
Please read this and try it
Activity: 9
What's wrong with the faucet? Can't make any claims for last 2 hours. Internet connection is fine, but Captcha just won't show up. Is anyone else having this issue?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Really like the idea and team behind $XRB... big things to come
Activity: 596
Merit: 500
I added some data to the Comparison Chart :

Since Raiblock uses 1 blockchain/account (block lattice), I think that the check mark for "blockchain based" is still correct...
There is no single blockchain as in bitcoin, but - correct me if I am wrong - Raiblocks uses the concept of a chain where the current block points to the previous block.

@s11made - great work but I would definitely not use the word "blockchain" for Raiblocks... blockchain is outdated and seen as a negative now where everything is moving to non-blockchain setups (such as IOTA and Byteball's DAG and Raiblock's "Block Lattice").

With a blockchain, each link in the chain is in order and blocks are confirmed in order whereas with a DAG or lattice setup, there isn't such a "linear" element to it.

Personally, I would put an "X" for Raiblocks in the blockchain column but then in parentheses put (Block Lattice).

Here is the original thread on the Block Lattice posted by the Raiblocks dev:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/block-lattice-1219264
Activity: 329
No TX Fees #JustRaiBlocks
Nice work man. Would be also very interesting to compare XRB with IOTA and BYTEBALL.
Activity: 110
I added some data to the Comparison Chart :

Since Raiblock uses 1 blockchain/account (block lattice), I think that the check mark for "blockchain based" is still correct...
There is no single blockchain as in bitcoin, but - correct me if I am wrong - Raiblocks uses the concept of a chain where the current block points to the previous block.
Activity: 43
NEW FAUCET RULE: To limit pools, any account can't claim more than 30 times per minute. (edited)

Good improvement, totally agree. That should also lower the number of claims before you are in the top 150.
Activity: 290
This account is abandoned.
NEW FAUCET RULE: To limit pools, any account can't claim more than 30 times per minute. (edited)
Activity: 79
I just deposited my xrb to bitgrail and it has been 13 hours now and my deposit has not landed yet Sad...is this normal??

The problem was solved?
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
How much time does tha wallet takes to sync ? I transferred some coins to wallet but this thing has not synced in days

long time, experienced that for about 2days before i got my wallet fully synced and the wallet sometimes stops syncing if you check the blocks, i don't know if its fixed now
Jump to: