Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 569. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 629
Merit: 501
Experientia docet
Hi there anyone know wats going on i havent receive my last 3 payments thank you

same here after update 7.44  Sad

yeah me too

haven't done any captcha since the new wallet version was released but I noticed that the "Distribution Progress" is stuck at 16,206,570 for hours.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I answer to people that are not able to use new version.

When you install a new version, it is installed in a new directory (and the directory's name contains the wallet version), so remember to replace your shortcut to the new directory.

Colin said that an auto-updatable wallet will come in the further versions.

I already replace still not receiving coins can you give a brief step on how to replace it maybe i didnt do it correctly thank you
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
in faucet after I request the mrai, a waiting time while queued section. it is same for everyone  Huh before there isnt any waiting time

yup same here, 100 captcha around 40 min now!

time to increase the price... Grin

do you get the mrais from faucet  Huh I dont get after installing 7.4.4
Activity: 163
in faucet after I request the mrai, a waiting time while queued section. it is same for everyone  Huh before there isnt any waiting time

yup same here, 100 captcha around 40 min now!

time to increase the price... Grin
Hi there anyone know wats going on i havent receive my last 3 payments thank you

same here after update 7.44  Sad

yeah me too

same here after update 7.44  Sad
Activity: 168
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025
I think Mrai soon we will be on exchange will be at 600 sat at least!

Which exchange? If you're talking about c-cex, we either need alot of votes or the RaiBlock owner have to pay them 1.5BTC to list them.
I don't think any of this is going to happen anytime soon (I want it to happen too).
It's possible by vote. If MRAI supporters will be willing to promote the coin and ask more people to vote it in exchanes then maybe we can have a proper exchange market. It's much better rather doing a p2p exchange in the forum where some people tends to scam.
I sure hope the owner also has more plans for the coin.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
why only 21k mrai distributed per hour?there is a lot of people working now with capthca,distribution rate should go up

block reward is fixed.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
why only 21k mrai distributed per hour?there is a lot of people working now with capthca,distribution rate should go up
Activity: 126

Which exchange? If you're talking about c-cex, we either need alot of votes or the RaiBlock owner have to pay them 1.5BTC to list them.
I don't think any of this is going to happen anytime soon (I want it to happen too).
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
Activity: 252

Im already instal it and what must i do with the old one?
uninstal it or just keep it?
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1208
I support freedom of choice
For example knowing the average reward per reptcha for the previous 24 hours or so.
Or if we had a proper, browsable block explorer, of course.

+1

yeah these are really good points.  Roll Eyes I totally agree
Let's do some math;

Rewards a few hours ago were around 1.7 Mrai per recaptcha.

It costs about $1.2 for services to solve 1000 recaptchas for you.

So for 0.0028 BTC ($1.2) you get 1700 Mrai which means you're breaking even at 165 sats per Mrai.

And it's safe to say that at such low rewards as 1.7 (which translate into over 200 recaptchas being solved every minute) only captcha solving services and maybe some super enthusiasts are solving recaptchas.

With all that said I think the price will decrease probably below 200 in a few weeks.

I really love your analysis. However, I would like to present a different point of view.

This is a question of demand and supply. You are saying that the price should drop, but I would argue that it would only do so if there was no demand. If there is demand then instead of price falling down, the rewards will fall down until they find an equilibrium.

If you are saying people will gladly get paid $1.2 for solving 1000 recaptchas, then they'll provide more and more supply, until it reaches that price. The comparison to Bitcoin mining is fascinating. The difficulty of the network self-adjusts.

I agree but what I wanted to point out is the method of distribution thriving to be fair actually fails. It aims for fair distribution but it's one of the easiest methods to game and so it's being abused - for lack of a softer word.
In return that turns away new people because they get negligible rewards leading to poor distribution. And while I missed the early days of the distribution it seems early adopters own a significant chunk of the current supply of coin which again, is poor distribution.

The only positive thing I can see is that similar to PoW there is a cost of producing a coin which should create a floor price.

But of course there's the possibility of the opposite, meaning the low supply driving the price up, but I'm skeptical of that.

It would be nice if we had some transparency regarding the payouts. For example knowing the average reward per reptcha for the previous 24 hours or so.
Or if we had a proper, browsable block explorer, of course. Without that the coin lacks transparency which makes it hard to justify investing in it.

another analysis make buyers happy.  Grin
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
I agree but what I wanted to point out is the method of distribution thriving to be fair actually fails. It aims for fair distribution but it's one of the easiest methods to game and so it's being abused - for lack of a softer word.
In return that turns away new people because they get negligible rewards leading to poor distribution. And while I missed the early days of the distribution it seems early adopters own a significant chunk of the current supply of coin which again, is poor distribution.

The only positive thing I can see is that similar to PoW there is a cost of producing a coin which should create a floor price.

But of course there's the possibility of the opposite, meaning the low supply driving the price up, but I'm skeptical of that.

It would be nice if we had some transparency regarding the payouts. For example knowing the average reward per reptcha for the previous 24 hours or so.
Or if we had a proper, browsable block explorer, of course. Without that the coin lacks transparency which makes it hard to justify investing in it.

Wait a minute... What does "fair distribution" mean? Communism? Everyone gets the same amount?

I think it's an overloaded term, but I'll try to give my take on it:

To me fair distribution means that it's not cost prohibitive for anyone to acquire some stake. Yes, there is the cost of having access to an equipment. But it's impossible for an average Joe to mine Bitcoin (or most coins).

I think most people here are too concerned about short term cost and profits. I see a lot of utility in this, especially if it becomes massively scalable. (Which I believe is possible, but not exactly trivial)

I also think it would be easy to add Ethereum VM as an optional transaction (use rai as gas, so simple transfers are still free, but complex smart contract transactions have a cost), but then again - I am not the dev and I don't control the project, I just see a lot of potential. How far it goes is another story. I know the devs want to keep it as simple as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Or if we had a proper, browsable block explorer, of course. Without that the coin lacks transparency so much that I'd definitely not invest in it.

yeah, i am glad another cynic gave up Mrai. 

every coin has early adopter. and I believe Nakamoto is an early adopter of Bitcoin.

I don't think there is one coin offers 100% equality.  Grin Grin

You can't blame bitcoin cuz you can't mine 100 bitcoin one day.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Let's do some math;

Rewards a few hours ago were around 1.7 Mrai per recaptcha.

It costs about $1.2 for services to solve 1000 recaptchas for you.

So for 0.0028 BTC ($1.2) you get 1700 Mrai which means you're breaking even at 165 sats per Mrai.

And it's safe to say that at such low rewards as 1.7 (which translate into over 200 recaptchas being solved every minute) only captcha solving services and maybe some super enthusiasts are solving recaptchas.

With all that said I think the price will decrease probably below 200 in a few weeks.

I really love your analysis. However, I would like to present a different point of view.

This is a question of demand and supply. You are saying that the price should drop, but I would argue that it would only do so if there was no demand. If there is demand then instead of price falling down, the rewards will fall down until they find an equilibrium.

If you are saying people will gladly get paid $1.2 for solving 1000 recaptchas, then they'll provide more and more supply, until it reaches that price. The comparison to Bitcoin mining is fascinating. The difficulty of the network self-adjusts.

Jump to: