Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 571. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122
My guess is that people who hold large Mrai balances will want to run a node, otherwise their holding will devalue.
What is system requirements to run RAI node? Wallet is CPU incentive. Is VPS enough or you need something like dedicated 16-core Xeons? Also the transaction rate grows...

The CPU usage is put on to transaction generators. Being a representative is extremely light. The representative nodes I run are on 1 core 4$/mo vps machines.

The goal is to make running a representative as cheap as possible so we can get a greater diversity and decentralization.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
My guess is that people who hold large Mrai balances will want to run a node, otherwise their holding will devalue.
What is system requirements to run RAI node? Wallet is CPU incentive. Is VPS enough? Or only something like dedicated 16-core Xeons? Also the transaction rate grows...
Activity: 513
How is the RAI blockchain secured without incentives for securing it? What about if only 10 people open up their wallets daily? I don't get how captchas will replace the pow/pos security

Bitcoin doesn't exactly have incentives for running a full node either. Miners could just mine blocks without processing any transactions.

So the fees paid to the miners are not incentives? whaaaaa???

edit: actually, since bitcoin is the #1 crypto used, I'm sure there is plenty of incentives and doubt empty blocks will be mined

My bad - yes, but they are so miniscule, that in theory if it's too costly to run a full node, it may be worth to just mine blank blocks.

I didn't explain myself correctly. What meant is that any system that has incentives also has some flaws.

Just like big BTC holders invest in technologies that help the whole ecosystem, not just themselves.
Activity: 238
Merit: 122
How is the RAI blockchain secured without incentives for securing it? What about if only 10 people open up their wallets daily? I don't get how captchas will replace the pow/pos security

Bitcoin doesn't exactly have incentives for running a full node either. Miners could just mine blocks without processing any transactions.

Yes, but RaiBlocks doesn't need miners.

I don't think a lot of people understand how RaiBlocks works, dev should put up a simple explanation on how everything is secured and how it compares in tech with other cryptos.

Does this help? https://docs.google.com/document/d/13s6BKzRq9oD5Me55JBRzR7BdvjJ44QKqPu2lf-JsAlU/edit
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

Yes, but RaiBlocks doesn't need miners.

I don't think a lot of people understand how RaiBlocks works, dev should put up a simple explanation on how everything is secured and how it compares in tech with other cryptos.
legendary

edit: actually, since bitcoin is the #1 crypto used, I'm sure there is plenty of incentives and doubt empty blocks will be mined
Activity: 336
Merit: 252
Wallet status: Disconnected............
Activity: 513

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1014
Bitdice is scam scam scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
For the exchange - I would say we could do a campaign for Poloniex, it is by far the best alt exchange out there.

Poloniex is very hard to get onto. It may be better to start with a less ambitious option. Would be great to get onto Polo though.

YoBit, C-Cex would add RaiBlocks without any probems
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
buyers start decrease mrai price, while every day getting mrais more harder  Grin

any issue about that?

I think they had a lot of Mrai already these are whales who wants to take this opportunity to get a lot of MRAI while they are not yet on exchanges this is such a clever idea,it will be great once it hit the exchange and the starting value is 1000 sats each
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
my rai_wallet status is synchronizing for 1 hr..please help..what do i need to do? why is it not yet synchronizing?

WHen was the last you synchronizing it? if you are new download it just wait it
My first time synchronizing last for 15 minute maybe your internet cnnection too make it to slow synchronizing
Activity: 616
my rai_wallet status is synchronizing for 1 hr..please help..what do i need to do? why is it not yet synchronizing?

Im glad I didnt update my wallet, you guys should stop mining till issue is fixed
Activity: 1246
Merit: 534
Activity: 322
How to make a backup of the wallet?

Advanced > Accounts > Backup/Clipboard wallet seed > paste and send it into a PM to me
DONE!  Cheesy
Where is the file "wallet.dat"? In the folder "Roaming" I have not found.

There is no wallet.dat AFAIK, you can only backup your wallet with the said procedure your quoted and be sure to have atleast 2 backup and store it in a very safe place
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
I give two doge 1 mai
Activity: 252
i'm downloading raiwallet, how long synchronizing process take time ?
It takes a couple of minutes to sync up.

thanks, but the problem now is, i can't open my raiwallet, every i click wallet icon, nothing happen, anyone knows what wrong with this ?

Try to see your task manager, is there have processes from rai_wallet.exe
If not maybe you need to reinstaling
If yes just wait it, my wallet also have upto 5 minutes to open
Activity: 463
How to make a backup of the wallet?

Advanced > Accounts > Backup/Clipboard wallet seed > paste and send it into a PM to me
DONE!  Cheesy
Where is the file "wallet.dat"? In the folder "Roaming" I have not found.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
buyers start decrease mrai price, while every day getting mrais more harder  Grin

any issue about that?
Activity: 476
Follow me @AlitFX
i'm downloading raiwallet, how long synchronizing process take time ?
It takes a couple of minutes to sync up.

thanks, but the problem now is, i can't open my raiwallet, every i click wallet icon, nothing happen, anyone knows what wrong with this ?
Jump to: