Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 621. (Read 775150 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Is their any block chain running for this yet that is active to see wallet online and transactions for deposits and payments out ?

We only have a basic block explorer right now.  https://raiblocks.net/#/block-explorer and in the wallet you can get a more complete listing of the whole ledger.

We're definitely looking to add these.

Needs to be done so can see transaction online and not needing wallet fully functional blockchain that provides transactions balances ect will be nice to have than the basic info right now. Cant view wallet just transactions
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
The title of the thread shows one of the sought after uses , micro transactions for ad blocking, a site accepting raiblocks , and paying a micro transaction to remove all adverts from the site you are visiting . With most conventional currencies this isn't possible , microtransactions are far too slow , or impossible to do considering the fee's will usually be more than the micro transaction you paying to remove adds, raibocks is near instant so instant confirmation of payment and very quickly being able to remove adverts from websites you visit that use raiblocks .

Any features/service or anything really that is great with micro transactions would be an ideal use case for this currency

You completely sidestepped the more important question - how do we know they won't give themselves some supply under the table, and once money is involved, it may be hard to resist the temptation.

Also, while this will work for micro-transactions due to no fees, it's really instant if you have 100s of pending transactions.

Just playing devil's advocate. I'd like to hear a response to that question from the devs though.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Serious question though - I really like the distribution method. Sort of "Proof of Human" by doing "I'm not a robot".

However - we have NO way of knowing that you won't distribute some of it under the hood to yourselves, without solving any captchas or waiting.

Do you have any viable business plans to profit from this, or are you just running it as an experiment?

This is what i want to know, is it just a experiment?

The title of the thread shows one of the sought after uses , micro transactions for ad blocking, a site accepting raiblocks , and paying a micro transaction to remove all adverts from the site you are visiting . With most conventional currencies this isn't possible , microtransactions are far too slow , or impossible to do considering the fee's will usually be more than the micro transaction you paying to remove adds, raibocks is near instant so instant confirmation of payment and very quickly being able to remove adverts from websites you visit that use raiblocks .

Any features/service or anything really that is great with micro transactions would be an ideal use case for this currency
Activity: 952
Merit: 502
Serious question though - I really like the distribution method. Sort of "Proof of Human" by doing "I'm not a robot".

However - we have NO way of knowing that you won't distribute some of it under the hood to yourselves, without solving any captchas or waiting.

Do you have any viable business plans to profit from this, or are you just running it as an experiment?

This is what i want to know, is it just a experiment?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Yep it's working like a charm now.

Good luck boys! Cheesy

Activity: 52
There are some growing pains when scaling a website to handle a lot of new users. The problem should be fixed now, so thanks for your patience and for your detailed reports.

Keep in mind, there is a 5-minute timer for any new browser session (incognito, private-browsing, or cleared cache/cookies).
If you are re-visiting, then the 5-minute timer occurs after each successful free rai claim from the faucet.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Shouldn't there be a restriction per account and per IP address as well?

Those restrictions are also in place.
There are some growing pains when scaling a website to handle a lot of new users. The problem should be fixed now, so thanks for your patience and for your detailed reports.

Keep in mind, there is a 5-minute timer for any new browser session (incognito, private-browsing, or cleared cache/cookies).
If you are re-visiting, then the 5-minute timer occurs after each successful free rai claim from the faucet.

Shouldn't there be a restriction per account and per IP address as well?
Activity: 52

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
There's a lot of people at it today.  I'll be back later to look at it closer but people are getting handouts fairly consistently.

Take time. But it is not fair handouts I think. Maybe you know what's the glitch with the code. No rush. However, one of the nice distribution concept, you're making lot of people to look close at you. Good job. But you're not answering me, why I can't run precompiled linux wallet in Ubuntu 15. I get Illegal instruction (core dumped) error when I run ./rai_wallet?

Another issue. Whenever I try to enter my first captcha after a long time, it says to wait for 200+ seconds. Why it is not accepting the first claim?It was not happening yesterday. I think the dev has to check lot of things.

The first one shows to wait 200+ seconds. The second one is accepted. This has happened after I restart the machine. I will update again if next captcha is accepted or not?

The third one is accepted. Going good so far. Others, please update here, if you have any issues. It will help dev to look into it.
There's a lot of people at it today.  I'll be back later to look at it closer but people are getting handouts fairly consistently.

Take time. But it is not fair handouts I think. Maybe you know what's the glitch with the code. No rush. However, one of the nice distribution concept, you're making lot of people to look close at you. Good job. But you're not answering me, why I can't run precompiled linux wallet in Ubuntu 15. I get Illegal instruction (core dumped) error when I run ./rai_wallet?

Another issue. Whenever I try to enter my first captcha after a long time, it says to wait for 200+ seconds. Why it is not accepting the first claim?It was not happening yesterday. I think the dev has to check lot of things.

The first one shows to wait 200+ seconds. The second one is accepted. This has happened after I restart the machine. I will update again if next captcha is accepted or not?

Activity: 210
The faucet is now good and working.
Activity: 56
There's a lot of people at it today.  I'll be back later to look at it closer but people are getting handouts fairly consistently.

Please look into this... "Please try again"..

Cmon dude fix it please Smiley
Activity: 11
Seems there isn't an exchange, what about to do a specified thread for who WTB / WTS??

BTW I'm ready for sell my 40k MRAI for 2 BTC (5k sat each).

I'm happy to do the trade with an escrow. PM only if you are really interested in.

I literally just posted one , directly above your own post , it was made yesterday RaiBlocks Trade Thread

So sorry, going to post there.
TNX
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
So all people  using faucet have handouts or just same people all the time? 
There's a lot of people at it today.  I'll be back later to look at it closer but people are getting handouts fairly consistently.

legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
It just worked for me

Dev has to say something why paying for someone and not for others at this time. I doubt about the fair distribution. Will become tougher and tougher to claim in the future.
[/q

we have to trust dev! Dont think dev is doing anything wrong, i see more problem with some IP address dev have to fix!
Activity: 238
Merit: 122
Activity: 339
Merit: 250
anyone same with me got try again everytime i request ?
Jump to: