Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 631. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 122
we spoke about faucet and now is not working anymore!

Seems like it's working, people are getting them right now.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1014
we spoke about faucet and now is not working anymore!
Was better to give chance for early adopter to get at list 1000 facucet , than every month less!

I think we're all early adopters since less than 3% is distributed.

I think the people that will benefit the most are those who can make use of the features, especially the ones that can't be reached by other platforms.

I focused on micropayments because I think this is a market that people want but hasn't been possible with either traditional payments or Bitcoin. Traditional payments have fees that are too high and Bitcoin has a hard time with realtime processing like clearing ads off a page while a user waiting. I think this can be done now.

so sometime the faucet will be less?

Eventually the faucet will be off because 100% will be distributed. We're trying to hit this schedule so we'll adjust the faucet amount to stay on schedule. https://github.com/clemahieu/raiblocks/wiki/Distribution-and-Mining
legendary
Was better to give chance for early adopter to get at list 1000 facucet , than every month less!

I think the people that will benefit the most are those who can make use of the features, especially the ones that can't be reached by other platforms.

I focused on micropayments because I think this is a market that people want but hasn't been possible with either traditional payments or Bitcoin. Traditional payments have fees that are too high and Bitcoin has a hard time with realtime processing like clearing ads off a page while a user waiting. I think this can be done now.

so sometime the faucet will be less?

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
If anyone wants to get rid of their RAID, PM me with offers
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
So how long between faucet requests if I may ask?

My mario dreams are  Cry
Does the client have to be running for the faucet transaction to complete?

No. The faucet will create the send block and the ledger will mark it as receivable by your account.  When you turn your wallet on and unlock it, it'll search for receivables and sign acceptances in your chain at which point your balance will increase.

I have a work item to count and track receivable balance since some people wonder why their balance hasn't increased when someone sends to them and their signing key is offline. Nothing is lost though. 
Activity: 513
Merit: 500
Does the client have to be running for the faucet transaction to complete?

if the wallet of the recipient sends the network a signature of the input transaction, then you can track the start time of the wallet? rightly or no?

The wallet also needs to be unlocked otherwise it doesn't have access to the signing key.

You could guess if a wallet was unlocked or turned on if you see a burst of receives for a single account.

Is this was you mean?  If this is concerning it seems like it could be coded to wait random amounts of time to obfuscate it.

I mean that the block chain contains the time of signing the Inbox (when the recipient sees this) of a transaction or not?

or this information does not contain in signature?

I see, there are no time stamps in the block chain.
Activity: 1016
Merit: 502
if the wallet of the recipient sends the network a signature of the input transaction, then you can track the start time of the wallet? rightly or no?

The wallet also needs to be unlocked otherwise it doesn't have access to the signing key.

You could guess if a wallet was unlocked or turned on if you see a burst of receives for a single account.

Is this was you mean?  If this is concerning it seems like it could be coded to wait random amounts of time to obfuscate it.

I mean that the block chain contains the time of signing the Inbox (when the recipient sees this) of a transaction or not?

or this information does not contain in signature?

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502
my wallet can't connect the stat's always synchronizing  Undecided Huh

There is a bug where it stays synchronizing longer than it should due to tcp timeouts. I have a patch almost done that I'll release tonight.

Eventually it should complete but it takes much longer than it needs to.
I'm willing to buy 1 BTC worth of RAI. Send me a PM with an offer.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
How long the wallet will take to Sync  first time ?

32 Bit
Tell me when this wil be avaible on exchanges ?

And how it is diffternet from bitcoin and other  alt-coins ?

Why not read the whitepaper, or at least the brief introduction? Also, why not try the wallet?

There are two major features that make this one stand out:
1) Transactions  are free
2) Transactions are almost instant
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
Tell me when this wil be avaible on exchanges ?

And how it is diffternet from bitcoin and other  alt-coins ?
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
my wallet can't connect the stat's always synchronizing  Undecided Huh
Jump to: