Author

Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx! - page 149. (Read 748429 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
I'm fairly new to the crypto world. Decided to move my coins off exchange to get in on the staking. Apologies if my questions are "noob-like"...

If my computer decides to pack in but I have backed up my coins on an encrypted USB, can I restore an old wallet? Is there a timeframe on this? Say I didn't back up for a few days / weeks? Can I still restore?

Thanks in advance!

G

It's all in the blockchain.  If you have a backup of your wallet.dat  What ever coins you send to that wallet will be there whether you start the wallet and update or not.
Activity: 196

Lets get this to 100?! Apparently is was set up ad an aero marketing ploy....we are totally boycotting it...more votes please.

Voted, we are on top now with 58 votes. Aero has only 42 votes.
Activity: 213

Lets get this to 100?! Apparently is was set up ad an aero marketing ploy....we are totally boycotting it...more votes please.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Stealthcoin is without a doubt the most exciting coin in the market right now.  I believe that it has the potential to absorb all other cryptonote alt currencies on the market, great time to buy more.

best presentation XST Coins
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

looks like we might not be done yet.... 10k floor confirmed and we should see some upward movement again, very well could see 15k again in a day or two Smiley

Most of the initial volume for XST was at ~7-8k so its natural to see some pull-back at 15k, this is just profit taking, and once more turn over happens this thing will be ready to go to 20k+

STRONG HANDS PREVAIL, while weak hands fail...

Agreed.

20k+ easily achieved next month without a doubt, in my opinion.

I don't see any other coins right now that get me excited to be honest.

by the way, whoever made this gif deserves 500,000 XST ! hilarious

I agree.  Whoever did it is clearly a comedic genius.
drinksyourmilkshake
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm fairly new to the crypto world. Decided to move my coins off exchange to get in on the staking. Apologies if my questions are "noob-like"...

If my computer decides to pack in but I have backed up my coins on an encrypted USB, can I restore an old wallet? Is there a timeframe on this? Say I didn't back up for a few days / weeks? Can I still restore?

Thanks in advance!

G

You don't need an encrypted USB. Just make sure your wallet is encrypted. You do that under settings.

Choose a good passphrase or make it on your own computer. This is a javascript program that will do it for you: https://lastpass.com/generatepassword.php

[edit]

Either way, encrypt your wallet. If malware has access to your computer and the USB is mounted, it won't matter if it is encrypted. You have to encrypt the wallet.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
if you have any copy of the wallet, it will work, just have to wait untill the wallet will catch up to the current block

Thanks in advance!

G
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
It would be great to have some more youtube videos explaining how the coin works, setting up wallet, another demo of stealthtext, mention the future developments to come etc preferably the video would be best if it was done by the devs though I know they are working on much more important stuff right now so I'm sure this is towards the bottom of the list but maybe some community members could give it a go if they are comfortable talking on camera and have good technical knowledge.
I am willing to offer personal bounties for products to support StealthCoin!

Sites, blogs, DAC's, etc.  Please PM me and let's help build this community!  I am new here so I'm happy to escrow if required.

Just a reminder to those who missed this...
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
IMO the real genius behind XST is there model for using SMS, an existing worldwide infrastructure, to help facilitate transactions.

Think about it, some of the greatest adoption so far for bitcoin has come from small under developed countries with failing currencies.

Remember Greece/Cyprus banking meltdown? Alot of people believe that was the cause for Bitcoins rise last year.

And this year in South America? More people were investing in Bitcoin because the peso was doing poorly and there was even a large open-air bitcoin market established because the demand kept rising.

You cant stop people from safeguarding there money and if a better solution is out there they will find and use it. That is what XST is for, making it easy and more excusable for people in under developed countries to move currency without the fear of robbery, imprisonment, or worse...

and the thing about it is this goes beyond any race, age, or gender. From Russian oligarchs to poor Iranian students everyone has a need and use for XST SMS, they just dont know it yet Smiley

Now with access to move funds via SMS, anonymously, its a far greater amount of people who have a cell phone then have a computer in the world and once this is well developed and starting to be marketed this could take off and truly give people financial freedom, free from failing states and oppressive authorities. And not to mention a nice profit for early adopters

What do you guys think?

exactly!
Activity: 176
IMO the real genius behind XST is there model for using SMS, an existing worldwide infrastructure, to help facilitate transactions.

Think about it, some of the greatest adoption so far for bitcoin has come from small under developed countries with failing currencies.

Remember Greece/Cyprus banking meltdown? Alot of people believe that was the cause for Bitcoins rise last year.

And this year in South America? More people were investing in Bitcoin because the peso was doing poorly and there was even a large open-air bitcoin market established because the demand kept rising.

You cant stop people from safeguarding there money and if a better solution is out there they will find and use it. That is what XST is for, making it easy and more excusable for people in under developed countries to move currency without the fear of robbery, imprisonment, or worse...

and the thing about it is this goes beyond any race, age, or gender. From Russian oligarchs to poor Iranian students everyone has a need and use for XST SMS, they just dont know it yet Smiley

Now with access to move funds via SMS, anonymously, its a far greater amount of people who have a cell phone then have a computer in the world and once this is well developed and starting to be marketed this could take off and truly give people financial freedom, free from failing states and oppressive authorities. And not to mention a nice profit for early adopters

What do you guys think?
Activity: 12
Yeah. It's unlocked but the symbol doesn't turn blue as it did before.
is there a command with which i can check the coin age?
the wallet says "not minting because you don't have mature coins". A view hours ago it was minting.

3 days to mature between minting until 15day full maturity.  Deposit to your wallet all at once for a lump stake or spread out over 3 days to have continuous minting.

i have them since 9/17 and made a transaction on 9/19. So they haven't reach the maximum of 15 days. Is the minting process after 15 days over?

No mine have been minting every day since mid july.  I did do about 200 smaller deposits over 3 days.  If you take them out of the wallet the 3 days maturing starts over again.  And I'm sure you know, you must unlock the wallet every time you start it.
the wallet says "not minting because you don't have mature coins". A view hours ago it was minting.

3 days to mature between minting until 15day full maturity.  Deposit to your wallet all at once for a lump stake or spread out over 3 days to have continuous minting.

i have them since 9/17 and made a transaction on 9/19. So they haven't reach the maximum of 15 days. Is the minting process after 15 days over?
legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Devs, the op has to be updated, because we are also in poloniex and being accepted as payment in https://litepaid.com

legendary
#mitandopelomundo
Hey guys I emailed LitePaid.com and got them to add Stealthcoin !

https://litepaid.com/coins

-------

I also emailed CoinGateway.net about adding Stealthcoin but they say "Our Fee for integration is varied between 2 - 5 Bitcoins" !

I don't have that kinda money.

:/

Wink

Activity: 182
XST is still cheap buy now or cry later,
XST has innovation in matchless cutting edge technology,
soo to the moon

I am worried about Neos, tell me it sucks so I don't have to worry. I'll feel better when we get stealth send up and working.
Jump to: