Author

Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx! - page 362. (Read 748429 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Get ready... the first of its kind... AGAIN !

nice i like it. anonymous texting have exsisted but it is the first i have seen in crypto. one thing though you do know text are out of fashion people use apps to talk. encrypted private messaging is better
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
stealthcoin.com
Get ready... the first of its kind... AGAIN !

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Pools Of Honor
and now the bots will drop us to the ground...
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Because privacy is a basic human right.
Noticed that most of the hardcoded nodes are running old client versions.

If your peers run anything less than 1.1.x, then that's their problem. Clients prior to that version sometimes ban their own peers until they make a network of 1. Versions 1.1.x are all too similar to have any functional differences that would affect your client.

EDIT: The next Stealthcoin client release could also use an upgrade to the latest version of Tor - which has several security fixes - dev. is probably aware.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm not aware of new security fixes to Tor. That is now on the to do list for the next minor release.

Also, whats up with the localhost loopback's ? Any known DNS leaks / Upnp ?

UPNP should have been disabled in the last release. If it wasn't I'll make sure to build without in the next.

Remember that: "Tor" and the "Onion Logo" are registered trademarks of The Tor Project, Inc.

Although, Stealthcoin would seem to be just about within their remit - it would be cool to add the above to the OP and on the website though.

I'm working on the wallet tonight, but we'll try to get someone from the team to update the OP with the proper IP indicators.

Any plans of having Torrc options more accessible in a future release ? See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advanced-tor-browser-bundle-config-anti-spying-anti-echelon-anti-fiveeyes-331077

I will give this a serious look soon.

-- Hondo

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
Because privacy is a basic human right.
It's cool that XST stealthcoin may become a crypto pioneer tomorrow -- the first mobile wallet with anon transactions
We will not release a mobile wallet for the next landmark. We will release a mobile sending platform, with our proof of concept being on android.

I think it's going to be more useful than a mobile wallet. It's going to be for serious people who want to make serious transactions but with serious constraints.

-- Hondo
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
That sudden buy out of the blue made me watch this coin.

Adding to my portfolio for long term hold, looks very promising Grin
Activity: 322
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!
I was a very early Bitcoin adopter - I mined and sold over 12,500+ BTC before they reached just a few cents! Sad I bought a slice of a rather famous Pizza!? and donated 500 BTC to the first Bitcoin Faucet. Got a bit lost along the way... logged out 2010... logged back in 2013... I did 'find' around 25 BTC (in various wallets and websites), which is better than none!

is this right?  Shocked
Activity: 361
Merit: 137
It's cool that XST stealthcoin may become a crypto pioneer tomorrow -- the first mobile wallet with anon transactions
…. Might be a good idea to buy in before the big release!!!
Let us know what you find on Github
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Installed Stealthcoin on a VPS to take a better look at it. Here is a current list of 'stable' nodes updated to /Junaeth:1.1.1.1/ for anyone else trying to sync. the blockchain.

Code:
addnode=hocvhm46n7vkznoo.onion:4437
addnode=ftxr5e6nac2ydzc2.onion:4437
addnode=5nldnza2faymrgsp.onion:4437
addnode=i5uhmfbdrmxaxlr3.onion:4437
addnode=nztdd32ewqe7froy.onion:4437
addnode=sh5xrm62apnbylmh.onion:4437
addnode=34kubbtrgoi2dkdz.onion:4437
addnode=bfmcz4ujeobmekpy.onion:4437
addnode=kjqeffus2jz6vuds.onion:4437
addnode=lkjk4a73h3rk3fwr.onion:4437
addnode=65uh3awkh2swgazv.onion:4437
addnode=sz4nvsl4nvasfjmy.onion:4437
addnode=fgvuj63xk3s5223n.onion:4437
addnode=p73eg5dgwuspz6in.onion:4437
addnode=jsrg4ocidakgehvu.onion:4437
addnode=cuzu5xv3u4fafwvs.onion:4437
addnode=aeufq6cpob7pbftb.onion:4437
addnode=zoiio2soh7m2diyc.onion:4437
addnode=h3jueugo267vbtlu.onion:4437
addnode=gayrbrcgqkw7qqxj.onion:4437
addnode=yluldl7cbff3k7fr.onion:4437
addnode=gyrzkxmfk6gtvmpn.onion:4437

Noticed that most of the hardcoded nodes are running old client versions.

EDIT: The next Stealthcoin client release could also use an upgrade to the latest version of Tor - which has several security fixes - dev. is probably aware.

Also, whats up with the localhost loopback's ? Any known DNS leaks / Upnp ?

Anyway, in terms of networking and Tor this probably already provides better anonymity out-of-the-box than a lot of coins claiming 'advanced' privacy features. If Stealthsend 'works' OK then this could well be a coin to watch I guess.

~ Forever the privacy and anonymity issue's of ownership and acquisition with crypto-currency ofc.  Grin

Remember that: "Tor" and the "Onion Logo" are registered trademarks of The Tor Project, Inc.

Although, Stealthcoin would seem to be just about within their remit - it would be cool to add the above to the OP and on the website though.

Any plans of having Torrc options more accessible in a future release ? See: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advanced-tor-browser-bundle-config-anti-spying-anti-echelon-anti-fiveeyes-331077

Off to look at github.   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
from Stealth Dev on twitter,

"Mobile sending platform PoC to demonstrate authenticated encryption to be released within the next couple days! PoC to be followed shortly by whitepaper release w/ additional information on StealthSend and new crypto tech never seen before! Keep an eye on the bitcointalk thread and http://stealth-coin.com  for more information, it’s gonna be a hell of a week for #XST!"

https://twitter.com/StealthCoin/

10k in few days
from Stealth Dev on twitter,

"Mobile sending platform PoC to demonstrate authenticated encryption to be released within the next couple days! PoC to be followed shortly by whitepaper release w/ additional information on StealthSend and new crypto tech never seen before! Keep an eye on the bitcointalk thread and http://stealth-coin.com  for more information, it’s gonna be a hell of a week for #XST!"

https://twitter.com/StealthCoin/

legendary
Activity: 1764
legendary
Activity: 1008
getting "Alert message 5 from Hondor." (sp?) ....everytime I open the client OSX

Sorry about the alerts. I need to cancel them. I previously made a little mistake and made the alert number very high, trying to do a blanket cancel of other tests and I'm afraid it has made a few "semi-permanent". I'll work it out. To be honest, it has been a low priority because I've been working on the next phase of the roadmap with absolutely all of my free time (and much of my sleep time too).

I'm happy to report that just today we have overcome some of the biggest technological hurdles by hammering out the cryptography for the next landmark. There are a lot of nuances to establishing secure channels between potentially mobile devices because different platforms have differing ways of wrapping information. Cryptography is done at the level of bits and bytes, but when these bits and bytes are wrapped differently on different platforms, it becomes difficult to determine the best way to pack and unpack them.

The cryptography for the next stage, though, has been hammered out, both in terms of specifications and implementation. We are using a type of cryptography called "authenticated encryption" that is suitable for financial transactions of any size. This cryptography is used by banking institutions and governments to thwart blind tampering with transaction information. It turns out that such tamper resistance is itself a deep issue and requires careful consideration of the cryptography used to ensure it.

I will fix the alert errors, but probably after the I have finished stitching together our mobile technology. I believe we are still on track to make the deadline. If not, it will be only a day or two delay, but at this moment I don't believe the likelihood of missing the release date is very high.

-- Hondo

Just remember people; invest in the dev, not the coin.

True.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
MR_Net pump group is pumping this coin right now. Becareful and dont panic buy would be my best advice. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634416.260;topicseen

Thanks
Activity: 272
Just curious - why is the buy support so thin for this coin? 1BTC worth of sales and it's down from 1k to 600.
Because nothing is happening with this coin now and some prefer to sell and spend their money somewhere else. Maybe will buy later. Price is very stable since 3 weeks or more with only occasional dumps. That means coin is strong but people believe they have a time and buy XST after week or two at same price or cheaper. Maybe its truth.

It looks much more like a steady decline and a general lose of interest in XST.

LOL
Activity: 272
My Bitcoin checker app is going nuts!
Activity: 560
MR_Net pump group is pumping this coin right now. Becareful and dont panic buy would be my best advice. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=634416.260;topicseen
Activity: 742
It looks much more like a steady decline and a general lose of interest in XST.

Last Bid: 4000 sat.

Oh man. I sold all my XST when you said that. I had like 10k. Dude you tricked me.

LOL
Jump to: