Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XST] stealth.org | Quantum Proof of Stake (qPoS) | Tor | Blocknet - page 51. (Read 631063 times)

MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
Block explorer has just begun to update the bootstrap file. Thus the service will be down for some hours.
legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

Is not snapshot used by lite wallets? StealthClient does not have a lite version at this stage.

By snapshot I meant taking the contents of AppDAta/ Stealthcoin, zipping everything in there (aside from wallet.dat of course Smiley ), and sharing with others.

That's how I usually share a blockchain if someone needs it.

Ah ok, I see Smiley

I`m not a tech guy, but I do not think it will work.

Why not? I always used the same technique and it worked in 99% of cases.
MR1
legendary

Is not snapshot used by lite wallets? StealthClient does not have a lite version at this stage.

By snapshot I meant taking the contents of AppDAta/ Stealthcoin, zipping everything in there (aside from wallet.dat of course Smiley ), and sharing with others.

Ah ok, I see Smiley

I`m not a tech guy, but I do not think it will work.
legendary

MR1
legendary
By the way is there some crucial advantages of using a bootstrap file instead of just a blockchain snapshot?
It's taking so long to read that bootstrap Smiley

The advantage of bootstrap is just the relative speed against standard wallet installation.

It`s a long chain with more than 1,5 ml blocks and the bootstrapping may take from 12 to 24 hours according to your internet speed and location.

Yeah I noticed that. Woke up this morning and the wallet was still reading that bootstrap.
But if we used the blockchain snapshot (AppData/Stealthcoin folder) instead, it would've synced in the matter of minutes.
That's why I was asking why not use the snapshot?

legendary
By the way is there some crucial advantages of using a bootstrap file instead of just a blockchain snapshot?

The advantage of bootstrap is just the relative speed against standard wallet installation.

It`s a long chain with more than 1,5 ml blocks and the bootstrapping may take from 12 to 24 hours according to your internet speed and location.

Yeah I noticed that. Woke up this morning and the wallet was still reading that bootstrap.
But if we used the blockchain snapshot (AppData/Stealthcoin folder) instead, it would've synced in the matter of minutes.
That's why I was asking why not use the snapshot?
MR1
legendary

legendary
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
stealthcoin.com
Do we also have to downloads wallets or only bootstrap?

only bootstrap  Wink

What will happen if I stay on the old bootstrap?

you'll probably end up being stuck on a specific block, unable to get past it;
not being synced
Activity: 744
Merit: 500

only bootstrap  Wink

What will happen if I stay on the old bootstrap?
Activity: 284
Merit: 250
Lol daylight savings back at it again  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1008
I wondered if coinmarketcap.com use it own wallet/explorer to calculating the cap or it would use someone else like bittrex?

AFAIK it`s a free service so I do not think they run more than 700 wallets on their servers  Smiley

They must pull the data through API`s from exchange platforms and block explorers.

For example for XST price in USD you can use our block explorer`s api: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xst/api.dws?q=ticker.usd

I see. Thank you MR1 for your explanation as I don't know this before.
MR1
legendary
I wondered if coinmarketcap.com use it own wallet/explorer to calculating the cap or it would use someone else like bittrex?

AFAIK it`s a free service so I do not think they run more than 700 wallets on their servers  Smiley

They must pull the data through API`s from exchange platforms and block explorers.

For example for XST price in USD you can use our block explorer`s api: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xst/api.dws?q=ticker.usd

legendary
stealthcoin.com
I notified our the block explorer operator about the bootstrap update necessity. They will also update their wallet. 

nice, thank you!
MR1
legendary
I notified our the block explorer operator about the bootstrap update necessity. They will also update their wallet. 
legendary

Just bootstrap  Wink

OK I'm doing it right now. Is Hondo still with us? He's seem pretty quiet this time around.
Also what's the fixed and what just really happened?
Thank you sadochismo!

You my friend have been quiet yourself for a long time. Still you are there.
So is Hondo. Nothing has ever changed. Period.

To answer your question:
Daylight savings time caused a bunch of nodes to go out of sync, and forked the chain.
The longest chain eventually won, Bittrex is syncing to it.

The fork was temporary and the chain healed fine.
The coin is made to recover from things like this. It happens.

Happy staking.

Good to know what's going on.
Thank you and happy staking.
stealthcoin.com

Just bootstrap  Wink

OK I'm doing it right now. Is Hondo still with us? He's seem pretty quiet this time around.
Thank you sadochismo!

You my friend have been quiet yourself for a long time. Still you are there.
So is Hondo. Nothing has ever changed. Period.

To answer your question:
Daylight savings time caused a bunch of nodes to go out of sync, and forked the chain.
The longest chain eventually won, Bittrex is syncing to it.

The fork was temporary and the chain healed fine.
The coin is made to recover from things like this. It happens.

Happy staking.

legendary

Just bootstrap  Wink

Thank you sadochismo!
stealthcoin.com

only bootstrap  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: