Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 124. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 337
Merit: 250
September 09, 2013, 08:20:27 PM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276455.80

Possible fork?  What is this all about?

LOL!!! Should I ask them about problems with my wallet?!!!  Shocked Grin
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
September 09, 2013, 03:31:32 PM

Possible fork?  What is this all about?
Dunno, prolly because of that 2 and something hour period without blocks yesterday (or the day before? i don't remember). it looks ok now, though. haven't analyzed what exactly happened, yet. i plan to look at it sometime later.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
September 09, 2013, 03:15:13 PM

Possible fork?  What is this all about?
September 09, 2013, 11:54:10 AM
"problem" is that even at that price YAC is more profitabile then LTC, so miners just dump it.. this prevents price to really rise like somedays..
Paperprofits on high value with no volume are just illusional. The 100million painting that noone would actually buy isn't really worth much (unless you have a good fire insurance).

I rather have a cheap crypro with lot's of miners/PoS dumping than a high valued one without. It is a very good feature of YAC that it has such a huge supply compared to other cryptos. Unless the marketcap isn't ridiculously small it makes it far more useable as currency than most other cryptos.
You have some fair points here, agreed.
Activity: 280
September 09, 2013, 10:34:27 AM
"problem" is that even at that price YAC is more profitabile then LTC, so miners just dump it.. this prevents price to really rise like somedays..
Paperprofits on high value with no volume are just illusional. The 100million painting that noone would actually buy isn't really worth much (unless you have a good fire insurance).

I rather have a cheap crypro with lot's of miners/PoS dumping than a high valued one without. It is a very good feature of YAC that it has such a huge supply compared to other cryptos. Unless the marketcap isn't ridiculously small it makes it far more useable as currency than most other cryptos.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 09, 2013, 09:44:44 AM
"Followed by an istant drop back to original prices.. "

September 09, 2013, 09:42:34 AM
WOW 100 percent jump ! go YAC go !! Cheesy

Followed by an istant drop back to original prices ...  Cry

The spread is insane on YAC. After the last time I logged in I bought 10kYAC @ 0.05mBTC and could have sold them at 0.1mBTC even befor logging in again today. It hasn't been decided yet where it wants to go, but if it wants up it will be damm fast. 25kYAC market buy on cryptsy or bter and we'd quadruple for that moment.

yeap shame.. 
I buy every small dump I have funds for, this is the least thing I can do for YAC, but seems like rarely anybody fallows..
September 09, 2013, 09:27:54 AM

Followed by an istant drop back to original prices ...  Cry

The spread is insane on YAC. After the last time I logged in I bought 10kYAC @ 0.05mBTC and could have sold them at 0.1mBTC even befor logging in again today. It hasn't been decided yet where it wants to go, but if it wants up it will be damm fast. 25kYAC market buy on cryptsy or bter and we'd quadruple for that moment.
September 09, 2013, 08:00:32 AM
September 08, 2013, 02:40:35 PM
I have no more ideas or possible solutions. You might find fix if you post about the issue on Bitcoin Technical Support part of forum or check for
fix on this forum and elsewhere on Internet. There are programs for wallet management, one of them is called pywallet or something like that.

My version of wallet is v0.4.0.0-g32a928e-yac-wm-alpha, it is sairon's latest Coin Control 32-bit version. Check if it works with your old wallet.dat

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annyac-coin-control-for-yacoin-is-here-first-altcoin-with-coin-control-276948

Actually, it did work, but now it stops ~35000 block and when I tried to rescue some confirmed coins by sending them to the address i got the message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."
September 08, 2013, 05:08:25 AM
No I don't have it. That is the problem...
Ouch ...

If checkwallet=true then you should be able to dumpprivkeys aswell and import it into another wallet. Use sairons version with coin controll so you don't miss any hidden change adresses.
September 07, 2013, 11:44:35 PM
I turned it off, copied wallet.dat from the flashdrive and then all the problems started.

Since this is when the problem started, I'm guessing that something got corrupted on the copy to/from the flashdrive. Do you have another copy of your wallet?

No I don't have it. That is the problem...
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
September 07, 2013, 07:29:15 PM
I turned it off, copied wallet.dat from the flashdrive and then all the problems started.

Since this is when the problem started, I'm guessing that something got corrupted on the copy to/from the flashdrive. Do you have another copy of your wallet?
September 07, 2013, 04:30:47 PM
I do not understand what you mean with "just sitting there and counts found blocks". Once you use old wallet, does YACoin loads in full or not?
If it does, are there any coins in old wallet? At what stage of YACoin loading message "Cannot initialise keypool" appears?

Not sure if YACoin supports it but Bitcoin has command -salvagewallet that is used the same way as -rescan and -reindex ones. You should
make a copy of old wallet first, just in case something goes wrong, e.g. never ever work on original file.

Code:
18:30 	gmaxwell 	hmph, after salvagewalleting that ultraprune mangled wallet, I'm now getting a nice generic "10/21/12 18:05:32 Bitcoin: Cannot initialize keypool" and then the node stops cleanly.
18:34 sipa gmaxwell: nice catch
18:34 sipa -salvagewallet should set fFirstRun to false
18:36 sipa or at least the keypool init shouldn't be done

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2012/10/21

Also:

Code:
06:37 	Diablo-D3 	did you use backup wallet command or did you just blindly copy the wallet while bitcoin was still running?
06:38 koshii Diablo-D3: I'm pretty sure that the wallet wasn't running, but yeah, I just copied the file. I was berated for this earlier; didn't even know the command was there.
06:38 sipa that's what seems to have happened
06:38 Diablo-D3 koshii: yeah, next time, explicitly use backup wallet

http://bitcoinstats.com/irc/bitcoin-dev/logs/2013/05/01

Once it loads it come to the certain point of reading blocks and just stops. After that it just counts the blocks currently found. It has only come to that point, and I have llike 5 coins confirmed and the rest is uncomfirmed...
After command -salvagewallet it shows that message "Cannot initialize keypool".
I have just copied wallet.dat on flashdrive, format the hard drive, reinstalled Win7 U x64, started the yacoin wallet (yacoin-qt-0.4.0.0-g2nd-winx64, tryed also with 32bit version), after succesfull start of wallet I turned it off, copied wallet.dat from the flashdrive and then all the problems started.
Now! Can you tell me how can I salvage my coins from that wallet?
September 07, 2013, 01:25:44 PM
Shutdown YACoin, wait like 30 seconds and then run it with -reindex option. Easiest way to do it on Win OS would be to create a shortcut
for yacoin-qt.exe file, right click on shortcut and select Properties and then add -reindex after program path at Target field. For me it is:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\YACoin\yacoin-qt.exe" -reindex

Start YACoin using shortcut and let it complete blockchain reindex. Once the job is done (it might take a while), shutdown YACoin again, replace
-reindex with -rescan and then run it again. Afterwards remove -rescan else wallet will be rescanned on every run.

What YACoin version are you using?

Nope! It's not working. Idid all of that but it's just sitting there and counts found blocks. I have reinstalled win and saved wallet.dat, now that wallet.dat is somehow corrupted. I have tryed 32bit and 64bit version of wallet and it is the same thing. But, without that wallet.dat the wallet loads, with different addres, without any problems. So how can I get my address back?
September 07, 2013, 12:32:16 PM
Can someone help me, I have a problem with corrupted wallet.dat. At first my wallet didn't want to synchronise with the database, then after reinstalation of OS (win7 x64), I am getting a message "Cannot initialise keypool". Please help!!! How to restore my wallet?

Start YACoin, go to Help > Debug window > Console and then type checkwallet and hit enter. Afterwards do the same but use repairwallet
Response on my side for both commands is the following:

Code:
{
"wallet check passed" : true
}

Post what responses you got.

18:28:45

{
}

18:28:56

repairwallet

18:28:56

{
}
Both have passed, but my wallet is hanging still, and cannot sync pass the ~74000 block and counting, as blocks are found. It just "sits" there...
September 06, 2013, 10:04:18 PM
Can someone help me, I have a problem with corrupted wallet.dat. At first my wallet didn't want to synchronise with the database, then after reinstalation of OS (win7 x64), I am getting a message "Cannot initialise keypool". Please help!!! How to restore my wallet?
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
September 06, 2013, 07:08:40 PM
TAA-DAAAAA!
Happy 200,000 blocks to everyone and thanks to all who helped YACoin reach it's current state!

Happy that YACoin made it, and yes hope we get to the 1 Millionth!!!! Go YAC!!!!
Activity: 274
September 06, 2013, 06:12:19 PM
TAA-DAAAAA!
Happy 200,000 blocks to everyone and thanks to all who helped YACoin reach it's current state!

And look, it's a POS block to boot - how cute!  Anyone want to step forward and say it was theirs?
http://yacexplorer.tk/address/YJWC48zWbRkCh4K7wxtJRDgPq6k6sRxFuz come on! Cheesy
Jump to: