Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 140. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
July 17, 2013, 04:38:35 PM
Why in my wallet (mac version) stakes are always equals to 0 ? must i do something to mine PoS ?

Thanks

That's probably also explainde somewhere on bitcointalk too, but this is the link I have at hand:

http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,144.15.html
Activity: 335
Merit: 255
Counterparty Developer
July 17, 2013, 04:25:06 PM
Why in my wallet (mac version) stakes are always equals to 0 ? must i do something to mine PoS ?

Thanks
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2013, 09:33:27 AM
Let’s pump this coin people, deserves way much better !
 I was doing some small pumps going clearly in minus, but what the hell..
..today, two days ago, and on Friday.. trying at least price to hang in there. Seems some other folks also tried.. but today dropping again Sad don’t have much BTC left to pump it more on Cryptsy..

I prefer BTER...craptsy sucks.
I'm waiting for my PoS blocks, should start getting them by the 23rd. Cheesy

what is Pos Block friend ?
someone bought big quants of YAC on Cryptsy again YEY !:)
for all XPM I got,  I‚m pumping YAC as hard as I can there..

It's what sets yac apart from the rest, that and cpu mining with N factor.
It gives you block rewards for holding coins 30 days+, formula is as follows: total coins at stake*.05*(30+ days)/365=Proof of Stake reward per PoS block
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 17, 2013, 08:38:18 AM
..today, two days ago, and on Friday.. trying at least price to hang in there. Seems some other folks also tried.. but today dropping again Sad don’t have much BTC left to pump it more on Cryptsy..

what is Pos Block friend ?
someone bought big quants of YAC on Cryptsy again YEY !:)
for all XPM I got,  I‚m pumping YAC as hard as I can there..
Activity: 812
July 16, 2013, 09:42:25 PM

July 15, 2013, 04:28:16 PM
Activity: 266
July 12, 2013, 07:05:08 PM
^^ this ^^
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 12, 2013, 06:44:25 PM
an after next N change ? what do you think ?
 I still think it should rise, as it should almoust be impossible to mine it (therefore no everyday miners dumping)..
.. but well, maybe logical to me is not logical to others..

First there should be demand and there's not a lot of that at the moment. When it was being traded (and of course mined), supply and demand was there so it was fluid for some time. After the miners left, it all went downhill from there and the speculative demand left along with them. You can just see it from the exchanges, the bookings are getting thinner by the day.  Cry

Being speculative of course, makes things a bit unpredictable. Anything can happen I guess.
July 12, 2013, 06:26:49 PM
an after next N change ? what do you think ?
 I still think it should rise, as it should almoust be impossible to mine it (therefore no everyday miners dumping)..
.. but well, maybe logical to me is not logical to others..
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
July 12, 2013, 01:11:06 PM
Once these people have sold to people who want to keep for longer we might see a price bubble soon. Not good for YAC, but that might be a chance for a quick buck.

I expect that balloon to happen at least at the next N change, I really do hope so.. as for some laws of the economic, if there is shortage of something, price should rise.. was very surprised to see that didn’t happen after N changed few days ago..  Seems like people started panicking and abandoning the YAC ship.. Well also as you mentioned Primecoin, it participated, as well as the bitcoin raise at the same time..

It's currently being obliterated (market cap wise) by Digitalcoin, Primecoin and now passed by WDC and Phenixcoin (probably because of the UNOCS announcement). Now at 14th spot and with YBC (better) market support looming, its not really looking good for YAC at the moment. Sad
July 12, 2013, 03:28:24 AM
Once these people have sold to people who want to keep for longer we might see a price bubble soon. Not good for YAC, but that might be a chance for a quick buck.

I expect that balloon to happen at least at the next N change, I really do hope so.. as for some laws of the economic, if there is shortage of something, price should rise.. was very surprised to see that didn’t happen after N changed few days ago..  Seems like people started panicking and abandoning the YAC ship.. Well also as you mentioned Primecoin, it participated, as well as the bitcoin raise at the same time..
Activity: 439
July 12, 2013, 03:25:06 AM
What is the advantage of Stratum mining?

Ive herad you can get more done for less. My only problem is that the majority of the pools I want to use require Stratum, and after months I still cant get it to work at all. Fuck, I cant even get scrypt Jane to work either
Activity: 280
July 11, 2013, 02:46:00 PM

what happened with the YAC price?! so much panic sell for which reason ?!

if YAC is now harder to be produced after N changed why it dropped the price like this ? it should have been opposite..

will you be quiet or do something with to promote your coin ?

one nice pump would fix this..

I belive some of the earliest adopters want to cash out.

Based on the size of single sell orders I assume there are just a few wealthy people actually selling. YAC has only little actually buying demand so they can drive prices down as far as they accept the price for. Once these people have sold to people who want to keep for longer we might see a price bubble soon. Not good for YAC, but that might be a chance for a quick buck.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
July 11, 2013, 02:27:30 PM
Watching the effects of the latest N change I noticed a few things
A. - Even at a normalized hash rate (thanks canoe) - a lot of people bailed on mining YAC
B. - Block time mean quintupled - we went from 55 seconds or so to over 250 - it could still be a few more days before we get back down to 1 minute.
C. - Because of B, the transaction times crawled to a halt to fully validate
D. - The difficulty is still plunging to catch up to the loss of hashpower (both from N change and folks stopping mining)

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

totally spot on !

I agree with this proposed change. FYI, my GPU farm is currently 35% of the YaCoin network hashrate (according to yacexplorer.tk graphs). That's never good (well, good for me, but not the coin).... I really like yacoin's concept and technicals and plan on keeping my support, but I was very surprised at the hashrate drop this last N change. Even at the current price, it is a very profitable coin to mine.
i think the CPU miners have moved to Primecoin temporarily and the GPU miners should come back once the reward rises / diff drops a little more as there are currently more profitable alts to mine.  It does show that those that left were only in it for short-term gains though (mine and dump).  FYI my GPU's are still on YAC (yacp.coinmine.pl) and my CPU's are on Primecoin... for now Smiley

I have made more USD mining Primecoin in 1 day than I have made with Yacoin in 1 month... so yea... I think the only smart thing to do with a CPU is mine Primecoin now before it turns into GPU only.
Activity: 820
July 11, 2013, 12:45:04 PM
A. - Even at a normalized hash rate (thanks canoe) - a lot of people bailed on mining YAC
B. - Block time mean quintupled - we went from 55 seconds or so to over 250 - it could still be a few more days before we get back down to 1 minute.
D. - The difficulty is still plunging to catch up to the loss of hashpower (both from N change and folks stopping mining)

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

totally spot on !

I agree with this proposed change. FYI, my GPU farm is currently 35% of the YaCoin network hashrate (according to yacexplorer.tk graphs). That's never good (well, good for me, but not the coin).... I really like yacoin's concept and technicals and plan on keeping my support, but I was very surprised at the hashrate drop this last N change. Even at the current price, it is a very profitable coin to mine.
i think the CPU miners have moved to Primecoin temporarily and the GPU miners should come back once the reward rises / diff drops a little more as there are currently more profitable alts to mine.  It does show that those that left were only in it for short-term gains though (mine and dump).  FYI my GPU's are still on YAC (yacp.coinmine.pl) and my CPU's are on Primecoin... for now Smiley
Activity: 462
July 11, 2013, 11:42:40 AM

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

totally spot on !

July 11, 2013, 10:41:39 AM

what happened with the YAC price?! so much panic sell for which reason ?!

if YAC is now harder to be produced after N changed why it dropped the price like this ? it should have been opposite..

will you be quiet or do something with to promote your coin ?

one nice pump would fix this..
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
July 10, 2013, 04:28:50 PM
Let's not forget primecoin was released the very day of the N increase.  I would imagine a lot of CPUs moving over to the much more profitable primecoin.  I think the biggest question though is what will happen at the next N increase.
Activity: 138
July 10, 2013, 03:16:39 PM

The following is suggested based on the possibility of a future where this coin is widely accepted and what the end user experience would be like trying to make a transaction shortly after an N increase.  That person, would have to wait ~30+ minutes just to get the first 8 confirmations.  This is not the type of experience an end user user would likely tolerate without a high level of frustration.

Based on this, I would like to propose a change that adjusts the difficulty downward at the same time as N increases in an effort to keep block times close to their target in the days that follow.  In a no-loss scenario, an N increase halves the total hashpower, so I propose it also halves the difficulty at the same time.

Another big problem was that everybody was using a new GPU miner, that crashed at the N change. It took a couple of days to get a few updates to get it running at the new normal speed and it needed some tweking.
I noticed that my miner crashed and the pool lost 95% of the hash rate at the same time.
Hopefully this will not happen again...
July 10, 2013, 02:49:20 PM

totally spot on !
Jump to: