Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 136. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
August 17, 2013, 09:54:02 AM
I'm working on porting Coin Control into Yacoin-QT client. Wink All bounties welcome Cheesy
Great, I'm really looking forward to this.
The compile finished successfully, so it should work.
Shit. Couldn't you have written that a little bit earlier and saved me some yacs? I tought someone might be already working on that but why didn't I trust my instincts ...

Just for curiousity, wouldn't you have announced your update to Yacoin-qt today anyways?

Haha, sorry for that. Cheesy Sure I would announce it, why not?
Are you interested in testing it? You'll have to compile it from source yourself, tho...
Activity: 280
August 17, 2013, 09:50:19 AM
I'm working on porting Coin Control into Yacoin-QT client. Wink All bounties welcome Cheesy
Great, I'm really looking forward to this.
The compile finished successfully, so it should work.
Shit. Couldn't you have written that a little bit earlier and saved me some yacs? I tought someone might be already working on that but why didn't I trust my instincts ...

Just for curiousity, wouldn't you have announced your update to Yacoin-qt today anyways?
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
August 17, 2013, 08:55:28 AM
There was a similar high bounty for making Coin Control compatible with Yacoin.
Where is that? I think we need an official YAC bounty threat first. There is one at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200311.120, but it seems not in use much...

I will offer a 25,000 YaCoin bounty for anyone to make this feature if it is even possible...
In this threat that might get lost, so if you serious about that start a new threat so more people find it. I'd also add 5k to it, but at first we have to bundle all bounties for CC to see how much is actually on it. Maybe it would be a good idea to also put up the bounty in BTC to attract programmers outside of altcoins...

EDIT: The compile finished successfully, so it should work. Need some testers! Anyone interested?
August 17, 2013, 08:34:53 AM
Where is that? I think we need an official YAC bounty threat first. There is one at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200311.120, but it seems not in use much...

I will offer a 25,000 YaCoin bounty for anyone to make this feature if it is even possible...
In this threat that might get lost, so if you serious about that start a new threat so more people find it. I'd also add 5k to it, but at first we have to bundle all bounties for CC to see how much is actually on it. Maybe it would be a good idea to also put up the bounty in BTC to attract programmers outside of altcoins...
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
August 17, 2013, 04:10:15 AM
Activity: 809
August 17, 2013, 01:24:22 AM
A YaCoin market place... a Java miner...

I think it is important to learn to walk before trying to run at this point with yacoin.  In that spirit, I'd really like to see a breakdown in my wallet of my coins and their respective coin-age, and I want the ability to choose which ones to send when I  make a send transaction.  It should also be user friendly as opposed to typing in commands in a console.  I will offer a 25,000 YaCoin bounty for anyone to make this feature if it is even possible...
August 16, 2013, 04:06:57 PM
I am looking to invest a sizable bounty to boost YaCoin, but I'm having trouble coming up with an idea. What is the best product that the YaCoin economy needs right now?

Supply a product or service which can only be paid for with YAC. Demand will drive price up and boost the overall YAC economy.

For example, buy an iPhone on ebay for $200, offer to sell it for $150 in equivalent YAC currency. Your bounty is the $50 you lose on the deal, and the upside is the increase in interest and liquidity, as well as from miners.

-Michael

So one guy once spends 150$ in YAC and exchanges them immediately ...  Roll Eyes

I belive YAC's killer app might be somewhere on micropayments for websites or such as an alternative or addition to advertising rewards. That would require an efficient JAVA miner, but as far as I heard that can't be done. Maybe it's still worth a shot in the dark to see if an inefficient one is suitable ...

If you find a good idea to bounty on I'd probably plege on that too so shoot me a PM when you have one.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 16, 2013, 06:32:58 AM
I am looking to invest a sizable bounty to boost YaCoin, but I'm having trouble coming up with an idea. What is the best product that the YaCoin economy needs right now?

Supply a product or service which can only be paid for with YAC. Demand will drive price up and boost the overall YAC economy.

For example, buy an iPhone on ebay for $200, offer to sell it for $150 in equivalent YAC currency. Your bounty is the $50 you lose on the deal, and the upside is the increase in interest and liquidity, as well as from miners.

-Michael
Activity: 809
August 16, 2013, 02:50:11 AM
The difficulty drops, so the coins are not necessarily worth more...

Good to see http://yacexplorer.tk/ has finally been updated.

I really think this coin has a lot of potential considering all of the clones that have already been produced (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery right?)  The clones should, and I think does, give yacoin a lot of worth perception-wise to the non-crypto savvy people out there. 

Activity: 117
Merit: 10
August 15, 2013, 04:29:56 AM
oh my  Lips sealed

Don't feel bad. Slow mining means less supply of YACs, which means higher prices. You may be mining less YAC but they are worth more, so the net result is probably the same.

-Michael
Activity: 308
onore dikeido
August 14, 2013, 10:31:14 PM
Nope, my 5770 is happily hashing @ 12.25kH. Try intensity 10 (or maybe even lower) and play around with thread concurrency.
GPU is still 5x faster than CPU, but both are really slow at N=12.

oh my  Lips sealed
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 11:35:30 AM
GPU is still 5x faster than CPU, but both are really slow at N=12.
Activity: 756
August 14, 2013, 11:08:51 AM
Nope, my 5770 is happily hashing @ 12.25kH. Try intensity 10 (or maybe even lower) and play around with thread concurrency.
Activity: 308
onore dikeido
August 14, 2013, 11:04:19 AM
so GPU miner is dead???  Roll Eyes
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 13, 2013, 09:35:33 PM
Nice! Just in time for my i7 3820...should be up and running this weekend.
Activity: 288
Merit: 260
August 13, 2013, 03:47:42 AM
Nfactor has just changed! Nfactor is 12 now.
Activity: 274
August 11, 2013, 09:20:57 PM
The pool is good and I'm using it with a GPU miner. Well, I guess I still have plenty of time to figure it out because GPU mining should still be the more cost effective option after the coming N change.

Yacoin look-alikes are coming out in droves these days. I see that as a kind of validation for the concept behind Yacoin. However, YAC, the original is still so cheap!  If people want a stake in the concept, they can still get plenty of YAC cheaply and easily.  Wink
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
August 09, 2013, 10:16:09 AM
Does the SSSE3 CPU miner released in the early days still work? I just tried it with a pool and it doesn't seem to connect. My GPU miner can connect to the pool totally fine.

Any other good miner for the higher N future?

You should try and grab one of the newer compiles - they offer a speed improvement as long as you select the correct architecture, and the SSSE3 and AVX versions both work for sure.  That being said, I can't see why an older version would fail to connect unless you are pointing it at a pool that is no longer around.
Activity: 274
August 08, 2013, 09:45:52 PM
Does the SSSE3 CPU miner released in the early days still work? I just tried it with a pool and it doesn't seem to connect. My GPU miner can connect to the pool totally fine.

Any other good miner for the higher N future?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 08, 2013, 02:53:53 PM
Someone who wants to buy more cheap, before it's late?
Guys, can you point me to a technical analysis site or soft for other coins and exchanges? I tried cryptfolio for ltc/btc trading and it worked great for me.

http://coinmarketcap.com/
maybe

Nope, not that...I need to apply technical indicators like simple moving average, stuff like that, to the data generated by the exchange sites API keys.
Jump to: