Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 138. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2013, 06:39:46 PM
hehe true xD

Price is too low...buy some instead of just dumping! :p
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
August 01, 2013, 06:07:05 PM
2 billion coins has been said before. I think PPC estimated that they will create roughly 100M coins until it becomes too difficult. Yacoin is creating 13-15M coins per year. Unless the rate is too high for it's popularity in future I wouldn't worry about it.

In other news I created a Yacoin mining profitability Google docs spreadsheet. Thanks to aso118 from Yacointalk for the initial idea.

Other than the actual math the most speculative part of the calculations are the hashrate guesses.

+1   Grin

Great sheet.  Thank you for sharing it!

I think there are a lot of people that are interested in mining the coin, but just don't know enough about it yet.  Hopefully through communication, and explaining that this isn't just another pump-and-dump coin, and more tools (like this) they will better understand.

Shhhh. Don't tell anyone about YAC. Let me mine some more.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 01, 2013, 05:59:39 PM
2 billion coins has been said before. I think PPC estimated that they will create roughly 100M coins until it becomes too difficult. Yacoin is creating 13-15M coins per year. Unless the rate is too high for it's popularity in future I wouldn't worry about it.

In other news I created a Yacoin mining profitability Google docs spreadsheet. Thanks to aso118 from Yacointalk for the initial idea.

Other than the actual math the most speculative part of the calculations are the hashrate guesses.

+1   Grin

Great sheet.  Thank you for sharing it!

I think there are a lot of people that are interested in mining the coin, but just don't know enough about it yet.  Hopefully through communication, and explaining that this isn't just another pump-and-dump coin, and more tools (like this) they will better understand.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
July 30, 2013, 08:58:43 PM
According to the formula in the last page, the POW mining will be largely determined by how popular it gets. If it gets near litecoin level popularity and difficulty jump a thousand times, coins generation should go to about 1/3 the current rate.

If cost of computing power goes down like Moore's Law and assuming the money put into hashing is constant, coin generation should go down to about 1/10 every 30 years. Together with becoming more popular, the total coins generated by POW shouldn't be too different from most cryptocurrencies we see now.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 30, 2013, 04:32:15 PM

Activity: 288
Merit: 260
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
July 29, 2013, 04:48:32 PM
So is there a theoretical coin cap for YAC?  I've seen it asked a few times but haven't seen an answer yet.
Activity: 75
July 29, 2013, 05:36:25 AM
right now difficulty is 1/2^2

at difficulty 1/2^6 block reward = 50.

the hashrate remaining constant in less than 1 year block reward will be 50. (N will increase 4 times.)
July 29, 2013, 05:09:15 AM
Reward = 25 / (Difficulty ^ 1/6)
Max Reward = 100

The comment section is wrong in yacoin. It's old comment from ppcoin/novacoin.
July 29, 2013, 04:39:54 AM
the block reward is a function of the difficulty. but I don't know what that is. probably same as PPcoin? I know at starting difficulty 0 or maybe its .00001 or something... the block reward = 100. at diff. 1 block reward = ~24 at diff. 8 block reward = ~18.
Activity: 274
July 29, 2013, 02:16:03 AM
Actually, what's the formula for calculating the block reward?

I tried looking at the code but don't understand what it's doing with variables like bnTarget.
July 29, 2013, 01:44:16 AM
I think the current inflation is just correcting the eager launch. Anyone new can join in and start mining a decent share of the blockchain. Yacoin still has the potential to gain popularity, increase hashrate and see deflation in block rewards at the same time.

In economic theory PPCoin relatives were always more open to inflation than deflation. Takes some time for users to learn that their coin might not rise in price forever.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 29, 2013, 01:02:34 AM
the problem with yacoin is an increasing block reward i.e inflation. investors would like to know how many coins will be minted. or at least that the rate will decrease over time. ppcoin has provided this with a block reward scaled to difficulty (which yacoin implements). but YAcoin undermines that system since every N increase the work miners do is cut in half, followed by decreasing difficulty. 2 months ago the block reward was 18, its now 30.

Wrong, block reward is higher, yet hash rate is halved every time N changes...
July 28, 2013, 10:40:48 PM
the problem with yacoin is an increasing block reward i.e inflation. investors would like to know how many coins will be minted. or at least that the rate will decrease over time. ppcoin has provided this with a block reward scaled to difficulty (which yacoin implements). but YAcoin undermines that system since every N increase the work miners do is cut in half, followed by decreasing difficulty. 2 months ago the block reward was 18, its now 30.
Activity: 434
July 28, 2013, 10:06:41 PM
http://yacoin.org/

Updated with new design and some new clients. Hopefully next update has even more official looking ones.

You can send fixes and suggestions to Yacointalk admins or zhaojundong who hosts the site.

Thanks to mikaelh, hanzac and crendore for their compiled clients

OMG this site look horrible !!!

Activity: 322
July 28, 2013, 09:20:42 PM
what's the future of Yacoin? Huh
Activity: 103
July 28, 2013, 08:19:39 PM
I have criticism sorry. here it is: I don't like the "stock photo" of the guy in a suit.otherwise nice job...
I agree.  Great site, but the stock photo is not good.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
July 28, 2013, 03:10:16 PM
I'm putting my CPU back on YaCoin.  I love PrimeCoin and the concept, but I just think YaCoin has a better long-term future.  The market seems to favor the Proof-of-Stake minting--who would have thought NovaCoin would do so well.  And it looks like someone is taking big advantage of these PrimeCoin-induced low prices.
July 28, 2013, 02:57:09 PM
I have criticism sorry. here it is: I don't like the "stock photo" of the guy in a suit.otherwise nice job...
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 28, 2013, 02:52:28 PM
great looking place ! great work !
my favorite coin really.

by the way.. some really nice buy orders on Bter and Cryptsy Wink
rise !
Jump to: