Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 139. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
July 28, 2013, 02:23:44 PM
http://yacoin.org/

Updated with new design and some new clients. Hopefully next update has even more official looking ones.

You can send fixes and suggestions to Yacointalk admins or zhaojundong who hosts the site.

Thanks to mikaelh, hanzac and crendore for their compiled clients

Very nice!  I will be sending some YAC's your way. I call on everyone that can afford it to do the same.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
July 28, 2013, 01:34:20 PM
Looks great man, yacoin deserved a better page.  Cheesy
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
July 28, 2013, 01:31:28 PM
looks good Smiley
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
July 28, 2013, 01:28:44 PM
http://yacoin.org/

Updated with new design and some new clients. Hopefully next update has even more official looking ones.

You can send fixes and suggestions to Yacointalk admins or zhaojundong who hosts the site.

Thanks to mikaelh, hanzac and crendore for their compiled clients
July 27, 2013, 02:41:06 PM
try running yacoind from commandline.
Code:
./yacoind -daemon
./yacoind help
./yacoind getinfo
./yacoind listaccounts
./yacoind sendtoaddress newaddress 1000
./yacoind dumpprivkey oldaddress
./yacoind stop
tail ~/.yacoin/debug.log -n 100

Make sure your backup wallet is safe and try starting a new client without the .yacoin directory. The crashes don't seem to relate to your wallet though. It's something else.
Activity: 81
July 27, 2013, 01:41:33 PM
I admit I left yacoin after the last N update after I couldn't get my GPU to mine it well and got tired of the blue screen crashes while trying to.  Plus started using my CPUs for mining Primecoin.  Wanted to get back to Yacoin recently, but the trouble is my wallet crashes with a warning to "try deleting everything but the wallet.dat file and retry".  I did that, but still get the hard crashes.  What I mean by "hard crash" is it gives me a C++ fatal error warning message then automatically closes the wallet. I get no options to do anything.

I was using a wallet version from Windmaster.  So I tried the original wallet--that too crashes.  Once again cleared out everything but the wallet.dat file and retried yet again--still have the hard crash. Has there been an update to the wallet that is necessary?  Has my wallet become hopelessly corrupted (do to the weeks of neglect)?  Am I SOL?  Huh  Angry

Thx

And no, I wasn't smart enough save the most recent wallet in a backup.  I do have an old backup, but it's missing a bunch of coins.
Activity: 693
Merit: 500
July 26, 2013, 10:24:01 AM
I think gpu miners dropped a lot of coins at bter...price is quite low atm, which sucks.
I personally am hoarding and minting PoS blocks, while mining something else atm. I may direct my servers to yac soon if a primecoin gpu miner comes out.

I'm curious about PoS minting. What is the expected income for Novacoin/PPcoin/Yacoin ?
AFAIK minting is based on freezed coins. Is minting possible with an active wallet (ie: with regular incoming and outgoing TXs) or is it better to make a dedicated wallet with only incoming TXs ?

There's a command to reserve a certain amount and let the rest be held for PoS minting...look for it in the ppc threads, can't recall atm since I'm not using it.

Actually I would prefer the reverse: hold a fixed amount for PoS minting and move the rest at will (for selling on an exchange).

My thought to do this was like I do with my checking and savings accounts in real life.  Funds from work (mining) come into the checking, and that gets spent, sent to exchanges, etc.  But to save and get interest (PoS), I send it to the savings account (a second wallet), and never touch anything there and just let it accrue interest.

two wallets - one for spending, one for PoS... $.02
Activity: 896
July 25, 2013, 07:20:26 PM
I think gpu miners dropped a lot of coins at bter...price is quite low atm, which sucks.
I personally am hoarding and minting PoS blocks, while mining something else atm. I may direct my servers to yac soon if a primecoin gpu miner comes out.

I'm curious about PoS minting. What is the expected income for Novacoin/PPcoin/Yacoin ?
AFAIK minting is based on freezed coins. Is minting possible with an active wallet (ie: with regular incoming and outgoing TXs) or is it better to make a dedicated wallet with only incoming TXs ?

There's a command to reserve a certain amount and let the rest be held for PoS minting...look for it in the ppc threads, can't recall atm since I'm not using it.

Actually I would prefer the reverse: hold a fixed amount for PoS minting and move the rest at will (for selling on an exchange).
July 25, 2013, 06:56:18 PM

Activity: 896
July 25, 2013, 06:02:47 PM

July 25, 2013, 05:10:36 PM
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 25, 2013, 04:51:17 PM
We are within two weeks of the August N change. Grin
No, not again ! It's been only a few days since the difficulty adjusted to the new N ...
Difficulty adjustment after N change is soooo slow, and this means very long block times during days, which means miners loose BIG profits.

Just some ranting.

I think Mining of YAC is going better then ever (easier), diff is that low !
but price is droping aargh ! panic sell, for which reason ?!

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
July 25, 2013, 03:35:48 AM
No, not again ! It's been only a few days since the difficulty adjusted to the new N ...
Difficulty adjustment after N change is soooo slow, and this means very long block times during days, which means miners loose BIG profits.

Just some ranting.
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
July 25, 2013, 02:41:43 AM
Activity: 335
Merit: 255
Counterparty Developer
July 24, 2013, 03:44:07 PM
Why in my wallet (mac version) stakes are always equals to 0 ? must i do something to mine PoS ?

Thanks

You need to do this when you wanna mint PoS blocks:

-Go to help, debug window, console.
-Type: walletpassphrase *your pw* *time in seconds* true
-Hit enter and it'll unlock it for pos minting only...either that or having no encryption (which I wouldn't reccomend)

thks!
Activity: 280
July 24, 2013, 06:51:15 AM

Nice, I think this deserves a place in my signature.
July 17, 2013, 05:38:17 PM
Why in my wallet (mac version) stakes are always equals to 0 ? must i do something to mine PoS ?

Thanks

You need to do this when you wanna mint PoS blocks:

-Go to help, debug window, console.
-Type: walletpassphrase *your pw* *time in seconds* true
-Hit enter and it'll unlock it for pos minting only...either that or having no encryption (which I wouldn't reccomend)
July 17, 2013, 04:41:53 PM
interesting Smiley thanks people !
Jump to: