Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 135. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250
August 20, 2013, 04:41:25 PM
AFAIK, No one but @sairon is working on the YAC wallet (awesome work with the coin control feature btw).
Behind adding checkpoints (on the @Windmaster fork), nothing else has been done on the client since the official release.

Umm, I think there are somewhat more changes in my fork than just adding checkpoints..  See if you can get the original official release to compile on Windows, and if you succeed (without replacing all the scrypt-jane library source with a newer version altogether), also keep score on how many times you see unchanged "Novacoin" and "NVC" text plastered all over the original client.  Or try to get an estimate of the network hash rate out of the original client, or find out the current N or Nfactor without looking up the time-vs-N table I generated (and everyone else reposted in various places).

Hey sairon or Joe_Bauers (with Joe being the only one who has ever contributed code to my version of the client), want to take over my Github repository (github.com/yacoin)?  My enthusiasm for continuing development is decreasing, given the number of people that constantly send me private messages that the sky is falling if we don't immediately hard fork to change {insert random non-critical thing here that is different in YACoin than any other coin and/or doesn't work exactly how someone wants it to, or that we need to protect against hypothetical attacks that only exist in the sender's imagination due to misunderstandings of how the code works}.  My favorite is all the PM's I get demanding we hard fork to change the difficulty calculation so after Nfactor++ events, average block time won't temporarily rise from 1 minute to 2 minutes for a few days while difficulty adjusts (oh no!).

I no longer hold any appreciable amount of YAC (well, other than a few thousand laying around somewhere) and haven't for quite a while.
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
August 20, 2013, 11:49:43 AM

Nice find! This should definitely be added to the wiki.

No. It should be fixed.

Actually I like the minimum PoS reward. 0.05YAC are currently less than a tenth of a cent so it wouldn't change anything.

Could someone troll the network by making a lot of small adresses and a good network connection?

I personally don't feel the need to "fix" this, IMHO it's a non issue as you'll only be generating satoshis anyway (and YAC isn't worth THAT much for this to be any significant amount). Also, AFAIK if you are p2pool minig and have a LOT of sub-YAC unspent inputs in your wallet (presumably at one address), they'll be grouped into one PoS transaction when you have enough of them older than 30 days AND they cummulatively exceed the 10 YAC minimum (please correct me if I'm wrong, haven't looked at the actual code for this yet).

As for the PoS blocks not meeting the 10 YAC minimum input: I think those were actually older than 30 days and thus eligible for a higher percentual PoS reward (5% per year, remember?), and those few extra days made a difference. There's a hardcoded maximum of 90 days, however, so be sure not to wait more before staking or you'll be losing out on that (that means if you have a stake-eligible pile of coins that's, say, half a year old; you'll still be getting a reward corresponding to only 90 days old coins).
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 20, 2013, 09:31:30 AM
Great work!

Waiting for x64 windows version...

Well, you know, you can run 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows just fine. Tongue

Cheesy of course! Just messin with ya...appreciate the work man.
I'll fire it up now.
Activity: 280
August 20, 2013, 09:12:55 AM

No. It should be fixed.

Actually I like the minimum PoS reward. 0.05YAC are currently less than a tenth of a cent so it wouldn't change anything.

Could someone troll the network by making a lot of small adresses and a good network connection?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
August 20, 2013, 06:51:43 AM

Also, is this also an issue for every other PoS coin (including the original PPC) ?

I have PoS-mined NVC with a total balance of 0.99 NVC.

Activity: 637
Merit: 500
August 20, 2013, 06:35:22 AM
Put differently, all those individual 1 YAC or similary small payouts you received will never ever return any PoS rewards!

Great news for people with p2pool inputs then.

Also, is this also an issue for every other PoS coin (including the original PPC) ?

No. It should be fixed.

AFAIK, No one but @sairon is working on the YAC wallet (awesome work with the coin control feature btw).
Behind adding checkpoints (on the @Windmaster fork), nothing else has been done on the client since the official release.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
August 20, 2013, 05:51:57 AM

No. It should be fixed.
August 20, 2013, 04:48:40 AM
Great work!

Well, you know, you can run 32-bit version on a 64-bit Windows just fine. Tongue
August 19, 2013, 01:32:07 PM

In a way related to CC, pay attention to individual unspent inputs! Lowest PoS reward seems to be 0.05 YAC and, based on already mined
PoS blocks, it seems minimum amount input should hold to make sure at least 0.05 YAC will be staked later is around 10 YAC. There were few
inputs bellow 10 YAC that got PoS reward (0.05 YAC or slightly more) but generaly speaking if you want PoS coins you should gather coins
on 10+ YAC piles. Use CC to select small unspent inputs (like 1 or 0.025 YAC) and send them to one of your addresses in such a way that
transaction amount is 10 or more YAC.

Put differently, all those individual 1 YAC or similary small payouts you received will never ever return any PoS rewards! If you are holding
other PoS altcoins than you should check already mined PoS blocks there. The worst case seems to be BTB, where very few people actualy
got PoS rewards. Bellow is data for 3 latest BTB PoS blocks at time of this post, notice that in all 3 cases PoS reward is 0 coins.

Block 20489 > http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/a9a901000bcabec26a9b56c2580103ecbb1a1496470bca9664eb9e90f5684892
Block 20476 > http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/16e867402961e36dcbe21850436d0a006d29477a1265194381b3a09d6def52df
Block 20470 > http://btb.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block/077442322b5a11c6c232d2aabba33a2e0e536fe7e4a6caf2cd3479d431fdbb16

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
August 19, 2013, 11:26:38 AM
Great work!

August 17, 2013, 03:01:32 PM
Great, I will look into later.  Maybe someone else can as well?  From what I understand Coin Control has nothing to do with 'coin age' as coin control is for managing multiple addresses and was originally built for Bitcoin--obviously coin age does not apply, no Proof of Stake.

When you switch to list view, you'll see the exact date/time of all all your outputs. From there you can derive input age.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
August 17, 2013, 02:59:53 PM
Great, I will look into later.  Maybe someone else can as well?  From what I understand Coin Control has nothing to do with 'coin age' as coin control is for managing multiple addresses and was originally built for Bitcoin--obviously coin age does not apply, no Proof of Stake.
August 17, 2013, 01:30:30 PM
Does it satisfy all requirements?
I guess so. Give it a try and lemme know if something's not right.
I don't have LINUX... I have Windows 64

OK, I've built it for you (although compiling under windoze is a royal PITA -.-").
Just unzip and it should work.

yacoin-cc-qt.zip (8.1 MB)
(link removed as it cointained a critical bug)
August 17, 2013, 11:12:39 AM

I don't have LINUX... I have Windows 64
August 17, 2013, 11:10:07 AM
There was a similar high bounty for making Coin Control compatible with Yacoin.
Where is that? I think we need an official YAC bounty threat first. There is one at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200311.120, but it seems not in use much...
I can't find it, but I am very sure I read such a post. ~1 Month ago...

Yeah, I saw it, too. That's what made me thinking about implementing it in YAC. And those new bounties just made me do it faster. Cheesy
Activity: 756
August 17, 2013, 11:08:03 AM
Where is that? I think we need an official YAC bounty threat first. There is one at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200311.120, but it seems not in use much...
I can't find it, but I am very sure I read such a post. ~1 Month ago...
August 17, 2013, 11:01:28 AM

August 17, 2013, 10:57:27 AM
I JUST posted a new topic... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=276606.new#new

I think it is important for YaCoin's future that the ones with the biggest shares of the YaCoin economy are willing to invest a portion of their holdings in  new developments and such.  Not that hoarding is bad, but it isn't the best way for this currency to compete.

I will offer a 25,000 YaCoin bounty for anyone to make this feature if it is even possible...
In this threat that might get lost, so if you serious about that start a new threat so more people find it. I'd also add 5k to it, but at first we have to bundle all bounties for CC to see how much is actually on it. Maybe it would be a good idea to also put up the bounty in BTC to attract programmers outside of altcoins...

If someone wants BTC, they can sell their YaCoin for cheap back to me Smiley  I am not trying to stimulate some other coin's economy with this offer.
August 17, 2013, 10:50:53 AM
Guess I'll have to release it in order to get some testing going.  Roll Eyes So here comes...

YaCoin Wallet with Coin Control!

Git repo: https://github.com/saironiq/yacoin-cc

Compile as usual, eg. for linux:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/saironiq/yacoin-cc.git
cd yacoin-cc/src
make -f makefile.unix
cd ..
qmake
make

Then in Settings -> Options -> Display, check "Display coin control features (experts only!)".
Aaaand it's done. Enjoy. Wink

Jump to: