Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 68. (Read 346684 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
So, instead of getting raped by GPU farms, we are now getting raped by multi-CPU server farms Huh

No, just the CPUs on GPU farms. Smiley

Probably you're getting raped by GPU farms, too.  You don't need to change the kernel from cgminer or reaper all that much to GPU mine this coin right now, and at the current value of N I would wager that most GPUs get 1000+ KH/s.

Wrong... it isn't using standard scrypt algo... you can mine with gpu but non of your shares will be accepted by the network.

I'm aware it's running block header hashes with keccak and chacha20 -- but all you need to do is port them to GPU kernel that comes with cgminer/reaper.
https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/scrypt130302.cl

The keccak/chacha20 implementation he took from scrypt-jane is here
https://github.com/floodyberry/scrypt-jane/blob/master/code/scrypt-jane-hash_keccak.h
https://github.com/floodyberry/scrypt-jane/blob/master/code/scrypt-jane-mix_chacha.h

Edit: You need to play with the lookup_gap and thread_concurrency to get the best performance, too.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
you all might check your conf files, I've copie a version from somewhere where it used rcpallowip and not rpcallowip

Please post a copy of your config file.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
The game is over, 3 hours without getting even a Orphan, lol, and i have 300 khs rate, so if you dont have at least 1000 khs (1mhs) dont even try it.

Luckily for bitcoin and cryptocurrency there was no such a big computer power back in their days otherwise it would never make it.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
I believe a lot of it has to do with luck.  My 32 core opteron setup has had 13 orphans 0 blocks, and my i5 670 (dual core /w hyperthreading) has 2 blocks/2 orphans in 3 hours of mining.  Or it could be that the 3.4ghz clock rapes the opterons and that's why Tongue.  Who knows?

Compare the numbers of connections that they have, maybe?

-MarkM-
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml
Finally, after 3 hrs, I got another block
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
you all might check your conf files, I've copie a version from somewhere where it used rcpallowip and not rpcallowip
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022
The game is over, 3 hours without getting even a Orphan, lol, and i have 300 khs rate, so if you dont have at least 1000 khs (1mhs) dont even try it.
Still 0 blocks...

Undecided

Sad

Angry

Here too, 9 orphans, 0 blocks. Is this a "normal" rate? Smiley

Edit, 10 orphans
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Cool CPU mining for the first time! I'm unlikely to find a block because I run it using the pre-compiled windows version and have 8 connections. Gethashespersecond fluctuates tremendously between 18 kH/s and 120 kH/s. I'll let it run for a while on my AMD Pehom X6 1055T.

If people are still donating my address is: YDqsDeREZgDtiGjnSbgruzpJbZ1hvFjJ6k
Activity: 336
Still 0 blocks...

Undecided

Sad

Angry
Are there any other flags you guys are using to mine?

yeah, this important flag:    -stop_mining_***_orphans_and_stop_putting_immature-48YAC_on_my_screen_for_10_seconds_to_then_just_dissapear
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Are there any other flags you guys are using to mine?
Activity: 336
Just got another block, but it was only 49.57 YAC instead of 54.25 YAC this time. I guess the reward is going down?

Yes, that's the idea of this coin. Reward started at 100 I think.

Then it hits some sort of N++ event, at which point, difficulty will decrease, and block value will increase, if I understand correctly

Yah, that's the part I didn't understand. The block size will go up as the difficulty goes up on the N++ event and at that point (if pools happen) I would assume pool-hoppers will come over and get a larger reward for the same difficulty for a while, until the amount of miners gets high enough to increase the diff. Does this make sense to anyone else?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Activity: 462
Tacotime and all: What's your impression about the YAC changes around scrypt (namely chacha instead of salsa and the modified hashing algo)? I see there's a bunch of inline ASM in the code, but do you guys see anything where there would be an issue porting this out to cgminer for GPU support?

The author notes large N values would be an issue with GPU memory, but 7950s have 3GB onboard.
Activity: 435
Code:
"paytxfee" : 0.01000000

Die.
well ive been mining this bugger for 10 hours and have 345 coins so far, this is on an 8350 @ 4.6 running all 8 threads.

Tons of orphans. This is my shortcut for those interested:-

E:\Mining\YaCoin\yacoin-qt.exe -datadir=E:\Mining\YaCoin\Data -gen -genproclimit=8 yacoin-qt -gen -addnode=82.211.30.212 -addnode=78.21.9.49 -addnode=81.202.104.33 -addnode=5.9.86.98 -addnode=27.19.201.168 -addnode=13.28.12.51 -addnode=176.9.41.201
Just got another block, but it was only 49.57 YAC instead of 54.25 YAC this time. I guess the reward is going down?

Grrrr only getting orphans here Smiley

You see "immature", excitement!!... then nothing Smiley

i know what you mean, but it's still fun Smiley

It sure is, people can say what they want, new alt coins are exciting Smiley
fml

Yes, that's the idea of this coin. Reward started at 100 I think.

Then it hits some sort of N++ event, at which point, difficulty will decrease, and block value will increase, if I understand correctly
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

Grrrr only getting orphans here Smiley

You see "immature", excitement!!... then nothing Smiley

i know what you mean, but it's still fun Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: